Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exploring the future
11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Shocked Exploring the future
All righty. So after a little bit of mucking about and shouting abusively at my Launcher (don't show it any sympathy - it deserved to hear everything I said and it should now be sitting shame-faced on the naughty step), I finally played Into The Future.

And here's what I discovered. The future's bright, the future's.... blue.

[Image: ITF_01_Blue.jpg]

Blue hair, blue buildings, blue light. That's OK, though, I like blue. Blue-haired future dude gave me a jet-pack, which is a very quick way of getting around, but annoyingly glitchy in that my sim keeps taking it on and off. Just leave it in your Mary Poppins-esque capacious backpack!

I did like the fancy orb computers that float and project a screen into the air. It looks nifty.

[Image: ITF_02_NewComputer.jpg]

I did half expect Tom Cruise to appear and start predicting where the next murder might happen. Hopefully he can't detect thieves, seeing as once she'd finished her web surfing, my sim pocketed the orb whatsit and took it back to the present day, where she sold it and bought a pizza oven with the ill-gotten proceeds. Clapping

I'm always quite interested in the graveyards of new towns. The Oasis Landing one is not especially interesting, but you can harvest some handy grave-side lettuce while you do a bit of mourning for your dearest departed plumbot.

[Image: ITF_03_GravesideLettuce.jpg]

A lot of the graves were for plumbots, which I thought was odd. Surely you just replace their parts and they 'live' forever. Or else you'd scrap 'em and recycle the bits and bobs.

Anyway - check out the hover-thingy in the background! I should try one of those. However my favourite new mode of transport in OL is definitely this:

[Image: ITF_05_Transport.jpg]

It just looks so great, with the track appearing ahead of you in the form of light discs.

I met some plumbots in the park. This one became my friend. Her name is Gladys (truly) and she laughed at all my jokes and found my conversation about the weather to be really fascinating. Yes

[Image: ITF_04_Gladys.jpg]

You get food in the future from a synthesiser, which they have of course stolen straight out of Star Trek. I don't know whether these guys came with ITF or from Generations (since I installed both at once I have no way to tell). But behold the mighty awesomeness of - chocolate gnomes!

[Image: ITF_06_ChocGnomes.jpg]

Chocolate. Gnomes! Yahoo

After a nutritious meal of garden decorations, my sim went to sleep in one of those fancy beds that lets you programme your dreams. Or at least that's the idea. Actually she seemed to be suffering nightmares and kept calling out, despite looking relatively peaceful.

[Image: ITF_07_WeirdDreams.jpg]

I found it slightly unsettling!

I saw an option to "read the manual" when clicking on the bed while she was asleep, but the option was gone when she was awake. Helpful!

Naturally I was intrigued to see my descendants. The game kindly generated three for me. This is where they live.

[Image: ITF_08_HouseOfTheFuture.jpg]

A rambling old house out in a remote part of the map. Really odd.

The first descendent I met was pleasant but I'm not sure how they come up with her as she's nothing like my sim in terms of traits. Is it random, I wondered.

[Image: ITF_09_DesA.jpg]

The next descendent was a total bitch! Although at least they're getting closer in terms of the messy hair. Actually they've gone too far with the just-crawled-through-a-hedge look.

[Image: ITF_10_DesB.jpg]

They say third strike is lucky. In my case third descendent is more accurate. Yeah, she's excitable too. Queue much squealing and hugging!

[Image: ITF_11_DesC.jpg]

Aw! Biggrin

After that bizarre trio of encounters I returned to beautiful Monte Vista (and my new pizza oven, although that was a short-lived pleasure as it was stolen by a burglar after making only one pizza).

My sim keeps getting messages to say that something has changed in the future and I should go and check it out, but I am now heavily involved in trying to fill up a nectar rack so it'll have to wait.

Got to set my priorities haven't I! Tongue
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Exploring the future - Caspin - 11-01-2014 09:38 PM
RE: Exploring the future - Minty - 12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: Exploring the future - Caspin - 26-01-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Exploring the future - Minty - 28-01-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Exploring the future - noonibean - 06-06-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Exploring the future - Caspin - 07-06-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Exploring the future - noonibean - 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM
RE: Exploring the future - Caspin - 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM