Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archipelago Bay: a building project!
06-04-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project!
Today I decided to skip plot 4 and tackle that scarily mostly underwater plot at the end of the island. As you can see, there are not many squares on dry land here.

[Image: AP_27.jpg]

Good thing sims can swim isn't it. After a false start or two (I was decaffeinated), this is what I came up with.

5 Coral Plaice

I built a foundation for a cabin, with a bit of veranda at the front. The ground is not very even here, so I thought the foundation would at least flatten everything out. To avoid having yet another dull rectangle, I shaped the short ends of the cabin a bit. I've used some of those little porthole windows as well as some with shutters.

I've deviated from the cream/brown colour scheme and gone instead for gray/white, as it seemed more suitable for a house that is practically floating on the sea. Still got those green and yellow plants going on though.

[Image: AP_28.jpg]

At the back I used the wooden stilt foundation to drag out a jetty-type arrangement. I was surprised at how far out to sea it was letting me build - the jetty could have been a lot longer but this seemed sufficient. I thought it only appropriate that the sim who lives here should have a little boat to get around.

[Image: AP_29.jpg]

Here is the plan:

[Image: AP_30.jpg]

I stuck the dining table outside again, to save space indoors and because who on earth would live on an island like this but eat inside the house? I put an easel on the jetty as well, got to capture those views on canvas. Inside is one studio room, with double bed etc, as well as bookshelf and chairs and a kitchen. There's a barbecue outside but the sims living here will also have a normal cooker. That fridge is quite handy for this sort of house - it looks like a wooden cupboard, not too fridgy at all. Also that sink seemed quite useful as it is free-standing. It looks a bit rustic and resembles places I've stayed in by the sea.

There was very little space for a bathroom so I boxed in one of the 'ends' of the house and put in one of those all-in-one bathrooms.

[Image: AP_32.jpg]

[Image: AP_33.jpg]

[Image: AP_31.jpg]

Ta da!

Yes

So just plot 4 left to do and then this island of the archipelago is done. It's a bigger plot than I first realised so I am aiming to get a two bedroom family-sized house onto it. Only trouble is that now I've put low-rise houses either side, I don't really want to put a huge house there as it would look silly. I also want something with a pergola. Don't want much do I. I shall ponder it during the week.

Over and out.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project! - Caspin - 06-04-2014 05:43 PM