Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Workaholics!
19-06-2014, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 11:16 AM by Caspin.)
Workaholics!
I started a new legacy-type game today. My aim is to complete every self-employed job/rabbithole career/profession available in the game, hence "Workaholics". Along the way I will set some relevant challenges for the sims in each generation but nothing too serious. No scoring or draconian rules. I'm tired of doing serious in RL at the moment - this is just for a laugh and a distraction. Yes

The only rule I'm imposing on myself is that I will allow the selection of two traits per heir, so that I can choose some things specific to their career, but the other traits will be randomised rolls of the dice and I will just have to put up with whatever silly traits the game assigns. That should stop me always picking the same ones! The only exception to this will be the founder sim, as she is already made and her personality is fixed in my mind since TS2 and cannot possibly be changed at this late stage.

You may (or may not) be glad to hear that the Sims Forums staff simselves have also been placed into the game, so for the first couple of generations at least I can see what they get up to unsupervised (frightening things, I predict).

Biggrin

Right, let's go.

Founder: Vanessa Valentine

Here is the lovely Vanessa. She and I have been playing Sims together for many years now - about a decade!

[Image: Vanessa_01_founder.jpg]

She's a bit of a rock chick and always has a lot of guys (and girls, actually) chasing after her. I decided she might like to start out in Lucky Palms. As well as being into music, she also happens to be a natural cook, so the first career to be completed will be the culinary career. That should be a nice gentle start.

Extra culinary and life challenges for Vanessa will be (1) get an arts degree, (2) max out the most relevant skills to her career - cooking, gardening, fishing etc, (3) make an heir, that is quite an important one mustn't forget that!, (4) practise music because she really loves her guitar, (5) complete her LTW, which is 'Living in the Lap of Luxury', so she's going to need to get rich somehow, (6) learn all the recipes available.

That should keep her busy.

I wasted no time in getting her into the level one job down at the diner.

[Image: Vanessa_02_diner_job.jpg]

Her fridge started out totally empty (don't they normally have a bit of food in them at the start?) so I had her visit the community gardens to gather some ingredients and also make a start on her gardening skills.

[Image: Vanessa_03_harvest.jpg]

I need her to save up as much money as possible so she started out in one of the small starter homes in the abandoned-looking area of Lucky Palms. The not-so-lucky bit. Since she'd harvested all those nice salad goods, that was all she had for dinner for a couple of days. Good thing it is salady summer weather.

[Image: Vanessa_04_firstmeal.jpg]

New friends (old faces)

As well as trying her best to befriend her boss and colleagues, for career advancement purposes, I also made sure she bumped into the SF staff at an early stage.

Here we are in our kitchen, eating pancakes as usual. We get through an inordinate amount of pancakes.

[Image: PancakesHousehold.jpg]

Minty and Vanessa got along well and, as a fellow chef, Minty was pleased to pass along some of his polenta preparation tips.

[Image: Vanessa_05_cookingadvice.jpg]

"You have to whisk it like crazy!"
"Oh, I see!"

Things didn't initially go well with getting to know Ollie. The newly updated Ollie is proper and a perfectionist and found Vanessa's casual dress to be an abomination. Presumably Caspin's inexplicably bare feet and pigtails were also upsetting him. He changed into a James Bond outfit and let them know how underdressed they were.

[Image: Vanessa_06_underdressed.jpg]

Fortunately Caspin was able to lighten the mood, as well as keeping to the culinary topic, by cracking some jokes about turkey legs. OK then.

[Image: Vanessa_06_chickenjokes.jpg]

I think they will all be firm friends after that.

A shocking end result

No, I am not speaking of Spain exiting the World Cup. I was quietly going about my business of sending Vanessa to and from her shifts at the diner and remodelling the interior of her little house, occasionally wandering over to the SF house to see if they were OK.

I could see from the Story Progression notices that the boys, at least, were very busy. Very busy indeed.

Every so often, Ollie would be dating some young lady or other.

[Image: YoungLove.png]

Sweet!

Minty, on the other hand, managed to get himself a very naughty reputation, apparently hell bent on dating every female in town. On several occasions I found him and Caspin indulging in some over-familiarity because they were both completely drunk, or 'juiced' as the game puts it. Nobody seemed safe from his advances, including the population's elders.

[Image: OlderLadies.png]

I started to wonder if it was a cunning get-rich-quick scheme, as the old birds were dropping like flies and, as Grim took them away, Minty was inheriting some cash for his services!

Then I spotted this and decided that he was simply practising the free love he must have learned at his choice of high school.

[Image: Explanation.png]

But I digress. The shocking end result to today's simming...... DancingAlien DancingAlien DancingAlien

Yes, that's right. It finally happened.

Pretty lights in the sky. Ooooooh. Arrrrrrgh!

[Image: LittleGreenMen_01.jpg]

Oh holy crap!

[Image: LittleGreenMen_02.jpg]

Up you go, Mr Green! Good luck!

You know, I wanted Minty's sim to get abducted by aliens for sooooooo long and I could never get it to happen. All the sims that were abducted were always girls. Vanessa has been abducted a ludicrous number of times. But now, when I was least expecting it, off he goes for his probing. And I was really distressed and wanted those aliens to put him back on the ground!

[Image: LittleGreenMen_03.png]

I have no idea if his little green friends managed to impregnate him with a little green friend. We shall see!

Clapping
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Workaholics! - Caspin - 19-06-2014 09:01 PM
RE: Workaholics! - Caspin - 20-06-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Workaholics! - Minty - 21-06-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Workaholics! - Caspin - 22-06-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Workaholics! - noonibean - 23-06-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Workaholics! - Caspin - 26-06-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Workaholics! - noonibean - 27-06-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Workaholics! - Caspin - 27-06-2014, 05:45 PM