Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
31-05-2008, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2008 02:52 PM by LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore.)
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
here i go, defending EA and Maxis over and over again because i really like their sims games...and now they forced secuRom on me. they sneaked a nasty version of secuROM into the newest free time patch. they didn't inform anybody about this. i found out totally on accident, on snootysims.

HEY i just DON'T WANT SECUROM. such methods are a major turnoff.  >:-(
now, i have to admit so far it didn't cause any problems on my machine. i've got a mac and on my windows partition there are only sims games and two other adventure games. all legal, all original (of course) and no burn programs at all. well, i want to keep my windows clean and use it only for the gaming.

BUT it's the way they forced something me that i clearly reject because it does cause issues for other gamers, very honest people btw, for a number of obnoxious reasons.

EA: I HATE YOU for this. I absoluely hate you guys now.
The publishers of my other favourite adventure games did not turn to such user-hostile policies. Why you???
Did you think you're missing out on money?

Well, you will miss out on my money from on. I've had it!!! I'm a f...ing human being and not the prisoner of some games publisher. I have feelings GNARRRL  {cursing}  ARGHHHH {screaming}

sorry ppl this rage had to go somewhere. so be careful if you want to download the patch. There is definitely secuRom in it.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful - LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore - 31-05-2008 11:47 AM
Re: warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful - FOBluvr987 - 02-06-2008, 03:50 AM