Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Staggero Stones ( Magical RP with an adventure/fighting muse)
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Re: The Staggero Stones ( Magical RP with an adventure/fighting muse)
Exactly, and we won't have to worry about what we're going to do next without stepping on someone's toes.

I don't like the kind of RP where we decide what the next person does, I like being in control of Only My character, but offering a set up for their next post that they can either go with, or change the direction of.  I hate some of the RPs on here where people say what the other person does while they're doing 2 or 3 things.

Example of what I hate:
P1 - I moved to the other side of the room where Tammy was standing against the wall and I kicked her knees, laughing as she fell to the floor and then yelled at me.  This made me mad, so then I punched her in the face and laughed while she just sat there crying.

See, in that horrible post, someone got to do 2 different actions, while "Tammy" didn't actually get to decide anything for herself, it was decided for her and most likely wasn't something she would have done or wanted to do.

Example of how it could/should have been:
P1 - I moved to the other side of the room where Tammy was standing against a wall and I kicked her knees, laughing as I stepped away waiting for her next move.
P2 - After being kicked, I grabbed my knee and screamed from the pain, before stepping forward and throwing a closed fist at her face.
P1 - I dodged the fist, and threw one back at her, I was hoping to make her cry!
P2 - I wasn't fast enough, and I got hit.  Wow, that hurt.  I started to cry, I was surprised, and not sure what to do next!

You see there how each P (player) set it up so that the next P could decide what to do next.  Whether they wanted to take the hit, or change the direction.  They didn't force the other P to do what they wanted.

Which is another reason why I think it would be a good idea to set up a Turn Table of who will go 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.  So that we're going in turns, setting up situations for the next person to take/change, and be able to fully enjoy the play without too many "Oops I didn't see your reply as I was typing, so let's just go with what I posted." situations.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread