Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion - Announcements!
30-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Re: Suggestion - Announcements!
Rather than lock, wouldn't it be better to delete, maybe? There will be a lot of threads to lock that will doubtfully need to be opened again. {unsure}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
30-04-2008, 02:46 PM
If you delete a thread, it will subtract from member's post counts.

We wouldn't want that. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
30-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Well I wouldn't mind so much (why do I never mind lol, it was the same with Karma) but of course I don't want to meddle with what others want, so I understand why now, thank you. Smile

30-04-2008, 02:50 PM
You never mind anything, Cassie. You're such a trouble maker. Wink

30-04-2008, 03:01 PM
To be honest, if it's a dormant thread I'd just leave it. That way it will just drift into the caverns of obscurity! If you lock it then it will pop to the top of the list, reigniting peoples interest (depending on the thread) and obviously if it's locked, then people can't add their thoughts. If it slides away into the background, then it's still there and if that subjects comes up again (and the user has worked out how to press the search button) then there will already be a thread on that topic. Deleting would obviously lose the thread totally, although I don't think post counts do get reduced like you'd think...

Just my opinionĀ  ???

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
30-04-2008, 03:02 PM
That is slightly what I was thinking. People don't generally stray to the old threads, so they will be forgotten anyway. And if someone bump's it when it is no longer needed, THEN lock it. Smile

30-04-2008, 03:04 PM
SMF may work differently, but at my forum it took away from the post count. So...I don't know. Either way, I wouldn't want to delete anything that didn't need to be deleted.

And I know why you're saying...I'm trying to only lock threads that seem to have been solved. I wouldn't lock something that hasn't been solved/discussed in whole.

So...I'll stop if you want me to. I'm just using the same method I use at other forums. But, to each his own. I'll do what you tell me to do, Matt. You're the boss. Smile

30-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm not a 'the boss', it's more of a team gig {chinesewhispers}

You're right, feel free to lock solved threads but leave open ones, well ... open!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
30-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Sure thing, Matt. Smile And just let me know if I lock a thread you feel should stay open. Wink

30-04-2008, 03:22 PM
In that case, I'll just unlock it! But you're judgment so far has been spot on, so I'm sure it'll be fine {thumbup}

Thread Closed