Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Farms!
23-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Re: Farms!
(02-04-2008 07:54 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:I don't mean to sound rude here, DejaDejaVu...but it seems you don't like anyone's idea Smile Maybe if you explained why you don't like it, it'd be easier to accept your opinion.

So my question is, why do you think it'd have to be a whole seperate game?

Sorry if I sound that way. Oops  :o Did you see my post earlier? It was supposed to be a continuation of that kind of...

But I'll elaborate anyway. The creators are saying that with the advent of a seamless neighborhood, the expansion packs can operate the same way and seamlessly enhance the existing world rather than create pockets of play. The goal is to have all the EPs affecting gameplay almost all the time whereas in TS2 when someone played OFB they didn't really get the benefits of the University EP or the Nightlife EP. It seems like most of the TS3 EP's will be more like Seasons, in the sense that they become such a crucial part of the game that once you have it you couldn't imagine going back.

Maybe I could be interpreting what the creators are saying incorrectly. They could value the whole Sim Country/Sim World more as an idea and so try to give players a taste of life other than the suburbs.

If thats true then all the farming ideas suggested above are great. However having lived on farms/having relatives who own them, it would be strange for me to see sims living that sort of life. The pace just seems all wrong to me. I don't know if that makes sense but things are just more relaxing on farm and sim animations just seem kind of frantic (after the work is done).

Oh also, with the game not being so focused on day to day tasks, I doubt they would do the farming option because that's like all farming is - hard, repetitive, careful work.
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Farming would be wonderful for an EP, that's all I'm saying. It creates to many potential options and activities to be with the basegame. ut I really love tyhe idea of farms and all the little farm animals, it would be wonderful! It would also kind of remied me of animal college, which I depise, but I'll be long past that by then, so I don't care so much. )

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
23-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Maybe I'm so opposed to the farm idea because I had Harvest Moon and I probably wasted years of my life playing that game non stop...haha.

(23-04-2008 01:51 PM)Cassie the Green One link Wrote:Farming would be wonderful for an EP, that's all I'm saying. It creates to many potential options and activities to be with the basegame. ut I really love tyhe idea of farms and all the little farm animals, it would be wonderful! It would also kind of remied me of animal college, which I depise, but I'll be long past that by then, so I don't care so much. )

I think I'm just playing devil's advocate/EA. Who knows, maybe EA will do it one day.
23-04-2008, 07:34 PM
dejadejavu i think i get exactly what you're saying and if that truely is what they meant and what they are going after i really cant complain because I would love to see the game go in that direction because like mentioned..
in ts2 none of the ep's really benefited each other they were all like seperate games within a game..for most you played one or the other not all at once depending on what you were doing..and for ts3 i would LOVE that to change.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
24-04-2008, 02:22 AM
I agree, if the farm wouldn't work, ok but maybe they could make it as a new type of lot that sims could walk to in the neighborhood and it would be a tad bigger because it would be a farm and it would add lots to the initial neighborhood.  I don't know how that would work but I think it could maybe, I'm not a game creator but it sounds like it could work.  But hey, if it isn't possible, that's fine.  I would choose a seamless neighborhood over a farm any day!  Smile

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
24-04-2008, 07:45 AM
yeah they might be able to incorporate some farm stuff into the game
like farmhousing or something..
but im not sure what would work and what wouldnt.

24-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, farming would be complex, that's why I think it would be better for an EP. Or, maybe even someone could make their own little 'Faming EP', because they said users can expand our Sims world just as much as EP's can... I actually think farms would be too difficult to be user-made, but maybe a country neighbourhood perfect for that kind of thing? I'm really excited to see the lengths of things users will be able to create for us now. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
24-04-2008, 09:15 PM
wow i didnt really understand what they meant by users being able to release neighborhoods...
i wonder how endless the possibilities of what they create are..
wow..that makes ts3 sound even more amazing..i hope there are tons of possibilities.

24-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I love how TS3 sounds really customizable.  That's something that users are going to love.  If they want something then they can try to make it!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]