TA-DAAA!
03-12-2011, 04:50 AM
RE: TA-DAAA!
Big Grin this thread is interesting!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
And he's gone just as fast as he came XD Oh well. I'll get him back on another day XD

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
17-12-2011, 01:20 AM
As my Spanish teacher says...SOLA AMOR! (only love! Tongue) I admit that I really should be here a lot more, but every time I'm on nobody else is on so I forget to check it later and eventually forget the check it at all. I'm in a lot of stress because of school so I forget easily, so I can't help that I forget to check this site. :/ I'll try to come on more but I can't guarantee it. Sad

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
17-12-2011, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 03:57 AM by Ollie.)
PAUL! Big Grin
its time for school holidays so imma be on a lot more.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

17-12-2011, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 12:58 PM by Minty.)
(17-12-2011 01:20 AM)Paul Wrote:  As my Spanish teacher says...SOLA AMOR! (only love! Tongue) I admit that I really should be here a lot more, but every time I'm on nobody else is on so I forget to check it later and eventually forget the check it at all. I'm in a lot of stress because of school so I forget easily, so I can't help that I forget to check this site. :/ I'll try to come on more but I can't guarantee it. Sad
There's always someone posting here on a daily basis, and as you can see there's a regular enough stream of threads. All that's needed is for you to post what's going on in your life (whether gaming or whatever) to do your bit. The more people post, the more people have something to reply to.

The big problem we have here right now is a large number of lurkers like Gothika (or should I say [removed] - whose user profile shows she's coming in here every couple of days) who won't post anything because it's not one of the old clique that are posting and refuse point-blank to talk to the rest of us that are here - not even to Cororon, who's been here since the start but whom it seems doesn't "count" as far as they're concerned.

They need to accept that the world and people move on, and interact with those that remain, not waiting for the people from "good old days" to come back. When you lose touch with people, it's sad but it's usually for the best of reasons. You're better living with your old memories as you knew them with a smile, imagining them having happy lives elsewhere.

This I can relate from personal experience. About five years ago I virtually lost touch with almost everyone I knew due to real life events and a serious illness that left me housebound for a time (didn't get around to dropping them a line or e-mail, never returned answerphone messages, you know how it goes). This year I thought it would be nice to try and get back in touch with some of them at Christmas.

It was a decision I was swiftly to regret. One had died in a squalid flat as a result of heroin abuse (this was the last person in the world I'd ever have thought would become a junkie), one has been jailed for some seriously skin-crawling activities (again, last person in the world), one has been sectioned for repeated suicide attempts (same), one has been subject to a highly embarrassing tabloid exposure about their private life (same), one had been stabbed to death by a nutter, and one had died back in March from a brain-tumour only discovered the when it was too late. Do I wish I'd never known any of it? Yes. At that point I decided to let the past remain in the past.

Matt is not going to continue to pay for Simsforums.com if no one is posting come March 2012. It's ominous enough that we haven't managed to get a reply out of him for over a month since the failed move. The fate of this place is in the hands of those who come here.

Like Slade always say at this time of year, "Look to the future now, it's only just begun."

[Image: 135762.jpg]
17-12-2011, 05:14 PM
^
It's not like I refuse to post because old cliques aren't here. u___u
It's just dead here. and the reason I haven't been posting is because I take 3 AP classes(one is Economics which I am terrible at), have to apply for college and am still trying to figure out how the hell to pay for college. Plus I have other things going in my life. friends,guys,the need to find a job. I'm sorry that this forum isn't my top priority or even something I remember, but it isn't unusual for me forget things. especially things I haven't done in a while like post on this website...
Also, I no longer have the Sims games to play on. I can't pull out my brother's Xbox and play it on there. None of the computers in my house support the Sims 2 or Sims 3, and truthfully I am waiting to get my own laptop for college so that way I'll be able to buy a laptop that supports TS3 and the future expansion packs that I plan to acquire. I don't have the game therefore I don't feel as if I should come on here. Being on here is no different than me going back to my old friends in the real world. Yeah I could talk to them, but I would feel weird and awkward because I've moved on and made some new friends. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to post things. It has to do with I'm just getting busier as the years go by.

17-12-2011, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 11:02 PM by Minty.)
Quote:^
It's not like I refuse to post because old cliques aren't here. u___u
It's just dead here. and the reason I haven't been posting is because I take 3 AP classes(one is Economics which I am terrible at), have to apply for college and am still trying to figure out how the hell to pay for
college. Plus I have other things going in my life. friends,guys,the need to find a job. I'm sorry that this forum isn't my top priority or even something I remember, but it isn't unusual for me forget things.
especially things I haven't done in a while like post on this website...
Also, I no longer have the Sims games to play on. I can't pull out my brother's Xbox and play it on there. None of the computers in my house support the Sims 2 or Sims 3, and truthfully I am waiting to get my own laptop for college so that way I'll be able to buy a laptop that supports TS3 and the future expansion packs that I plan to acquire. I don't have the game therefore I don't feel as if I should come on here.
Being on here is no different than me going back to my old friends in the real world. Yeah I could talk to them, but I would feel weird and awkward because I've moved on and made some new friends. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to post things. It has to do with I'm just getting busier as the years go by.
If all of what you say is true (moved on, not interested in the Sims, etc), why have you been visiting here regularly? I'm sorry, but the info on your profile doesn't lie when it says your last log in date is always within the last 24 to 48 hours?

As for the "no longer having the Sims to play on" excuse, come on now, how many times did you Ahmed, Bambi, Bobert, Cassie, Phoebe, Steven etc actually ever discuss the Sims anyway? The first week after an expansion pack and that's it judging by past posts in the archives! Despite the name this was never exactly known as being a Sims purists forum in any respect, which is one of the best things about it in my opinion.

If you've moved on and made new friends like you claim why are you back here, or more to the point why does that sociability not appear to extent to at least a "hello" with BreeBree711, Cororon, Ollie, Paul or I that are posting here? If the place is dead, not even bothering to make a quick hello post saying how you are and what you're up to is hardly going to solve it, is it?

No [removed], you're coming in here looking ONLY for the "old" members and sticking your nose in the air towards those of that are trying to keep this place alive daily: hence your earlier post on this thread saying:
(30-11-2011 04:35 AM)gothika Wrote:  It seems to me you are trying to shove old members out of the way...It has nothing to do with ditching one for another but rather reviving the forum. That's all Smile
Dodgy

You were keen enough at the idea of revival when Majick posted about, weren't you? So what's the problem with doing it with the rest of us, other than being stand-offish?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you and the others skulking in the shadows want the "old people" to come back, how about giving them a reason - like posting?

Or you could try being a little more sociable with those of you that are here every day instead of being cliquey and ignoring us for not being "old school" enough. It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry if I sound cross, but I'm fed up with this hidebound attitude from those that would sooner see SF die than revive if that means "strangers" being in it. I'm fed up seeing certain names appearing as online or having been in here the last 24 hours and not bothering to post ever because it isn't the "old crowd" here. For effs sake, how will these people cope when they join the world of work and find people leaving and new people arriving at their workplace regularly? Throw themselves out of the windows wailing "I can't take it anymore now Bexi from accounts has left, goodbye cruel world!"???

Dodgy

STOP LURKING AND RESTART POSTING DAMMIT, WE DON'T BITE! (Apart from Cororon, and that's only if you are a slimy towel!)

Tongue

17-12-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't understand as to why you're getting so defensive....
I always lurk. I'm sure other lurk too.
I admit, I do want the old forum back with OLD AND NEW members.
I don't talk to the old members anyways. I have most of them on my Facebook, and we still don't say much or anything at all. So I'm not trying to be a snob. you say you want the forums to be reviving again, but yet you continue to bash me.

18-12-2011, 10:07 AM
(17-12-2011 11:49 PM)gothika Wrote:  I don't understand as to why you're getting so defensive....
I always lurk. I'm sure other lurk too.
I admit, I do want the old forum back with OLD AND NEW members.
I don't talk to the old members anyways. I have most of them on my Facebook, and we still don't say much or anything at all. So I'm not trying to be a snob. you say you want the forums to be reviving again, but yet you continue to bash me.
RATFLMAO! I'm not getting "defensive", as I've nothing to get defensive about! You're the one we can only get a post out of by being called out about you sulking in the background and refusing to talk to those of us that are here.

You want the old forum back? You want it revived? Then help us by getting involved again, because it's not going to do it itself by magic.

Wink

18-12-2011, 10:36 PM
LOL I'm not going to argue about who's better and who isn't better on simsforums because that's lame Tongue

Yeah to be honest, this site bores me now. Even if all the old people were active, I wouldn't like to be here. It's nice that the new members that are active are keeping this place alive Smile