Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
25-04-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
Poor Minty. That's a lot of questions and no answers may be forthcoming. Sad

I'll put the kettle on.

[Image: thumbsmall_9196.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I played Skyrim, yes. As you can tell from my username; I am an Elder Scrolls fan. I love big games with lots of possibilities that allow me to be myself when playing. That's one of the reasons why I like the Sims and TES games so much. I can make choices based on my own believes and opinions. Those choices have an influence on the gameplay and give every player a unique experience.
I am also a member on a Skyrim forum. I've been there for over a year and it is one of the friendliest online communities I ever been part of. I am also a moderator there.

Skyrim, even though Oblivion was better imo, is a game you need to take your time for. You can't just beat it within 6 hours like the Call Of Duty campaign. I put several hundreds of hours in Bethesda's master piece and I have multiple characters and builds in order to get the full experience out of the game. It is the type of game that destroys your social life and reduces the time you're willing to spend on school work. Big Grin

[Image: xgvKc6E.png]
25-08-2013, 05:30 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, Sheogorath. Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

26-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Question RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
I prefer Oblivion. Skyrim takes style over substance too much. Sure, there is a lifetime supply of quests, but they're all practically the same collect mission, and they aren't multi-pathed anywhere near what we saw in the Fallout games. Despite all the deep viking voices, heavy armor and snowy tundra, Skyrim never feels like an epic adventure to me, apart from when your fighting large monsters.
Fighting large, powerful creatures is when the game truly shines, imo. Whether it's a giant spider or a dragon, it's extremely epic and intense. But Elder Scrolls didn't become popular because of its epic action - it became popular because of its dynamic role playing and adventure. It's like going to a concert and saying the best thing about it was the comfortable seats.
I pick it up and play whenever I want to chill out, but I could never get into it the same way I did with Morrowing or Oblivion. They're games that actually challenge your skill in a way Skyrim doesn't. You can turn up the difficulty, (I play it on legendary) but it doesn't really change much. It doesn't make the game more realistically difficult, for example, it doesn't make items cost more, treasure harder to find or any other thing that would make the game more challenging, it just becomes easier to die, and enemies harder to kill. It just makes it more annoying, because you just die over and over again. So why turn up the difficulty at all? You might as well keep it on normal and enjoy all the brutal action the game has to offer, but that's not what a game is all about. Playing Skyrim on the hardest difficulty is the only way I feel like I'm challenging myself, but it's also the most irratating way of playing BangHead

Still, that isn't gonna stop me from playing it tonight.

Here's an article that perfectly summarizes how I feel about Skyrim:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-personalit...deal-with/
I thought I was alone in the universe until this article came out

[Image: 9506114279_7f0d652bd0_o.jpg]

A sprawling, suburban, Simlish soap opera!
http://www.historyofpleasantview.blogspot.com
27-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I've been messing around with some mods lately. Most of them are a waste of hard drive space, & avoid the much touted "Warzones - Civil Unrest" and "Moonpath To Elswyr" ones one completely.

[Image: wyrmstoothpalette.gif]

I will recommend Wyrmstooth. Imagine an island a bit bigger than Solsheim, but more like Skyrim in climate, & made like it had been done by professionals.

Brilliant, imaginative storylines, believable characters with plausible motives. The East Empire Company runs the show, but that doesn't stop the usual idiots from the Imperials, Stormcloaks & Thalmor coming along to mess matters up, plus vampire assassins & all the others that want to see you joining the Draugr (they're around too!).

You have to complete the main quest before you are able to get back off the island again (the situation is that regular ferry journeys have been suspended until their "little problem" has been sorted), but once done you can go in & out, & even buy property. If you are lucky, you'll also get to see a runaway wagon crash, which is funny. Even M'aiq the Liar turned up at random as did Babette from the Dark Brotherhood. But I'll not give too much away. Go & enjoy this free treat.

I can also recommend Immersive Patrols - which does what Warzones tried to but without going over the top. Very small & simple but achieves so much. Now you have the Stormcloaks, Imperials, Silver Hands, Forsworn, Werewolves, Dawnguard, Vampires & of course the Thalmor & bandits all roaming around in regular routine patrols on the roads (& elsewhere) in groups of four or so looking for trouble - & sometimes even running into one another. They'll even attack fortifications that are held by an opposing faction or by bandits/necromancers.

See a bunch of Thalmor coming one way with a prisoner & bunch of Stormcloaks walking off the moors in the same direction, & wish someone in Skyrim would invent popcorn! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
21-11-2013, 03:17 AM
I love Skyrim! I have about 400 hours total on it. I haven't played it in a very long time, though. I have thought about getting the computer version and a controller for my computer. I am a console gamer at heart, and I have troubles working games on my computer. I just want the mods. They always looked so interesting.

I feel that as soon as snow hits the ground I am gonna want to play. There is something about the first snow that makes me want to stay shut in and play video games all day.
28-01-2014, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 11:51 AM by Ollie.)
I've finally decided to start a new game without being a nord (for once). Instead I'm roll playing as a khajiit-A deceptive and thieving female khajiit. Tongue

28-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Meeeeow!
31-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Starting a new game Ollie, the way to learn how much you hate dragons and Frost Trolls all over again. Last time I started a new game, I was running for my life trying to get up to High Hrothgar to meet the Greybeards with a frost troll, one of those ice snakes & a big f**k off sized dragon ALL chasing after me!

I used up my entire supply of health potions, stamina potions & magic (healing while running) to do it & live to tell the tale! Shocked

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-02-2014, 01:16 AM
I'm not too sure if I want to focus on the main quest this time around, all I know is that ai wish to join the thieves guild (again) and the dark brotherhood for the first time.