Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
27-11-2011, 11:20 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
(23-11-2011 07:58 AM)Cororon Wrote:  It DOES look good, but I'm not into fighting games. Do you have to play with the keyboard or can you use a gamepad? I hate using keyboards for gaming. Confused I think I will look the game up on Youtube to see if it's something for me. But as you know, one game can be gold for some people or a rumpaklimp for others. Shy
As far as I know you can map it to a gamepad's controls. The keyboard layout has been criticised because the game was made especially for consoles, but with any game you buy - you have to configure the keys to suit yourself.

As for the fighting side, it all depends how you want to play the game. If you skill up on the sneaking options you can keep it to a minimum.

Unless some scaly git of a dragon comes along trying to burn Morthal to a crisp, then it's time to get the bow out and join in the townsfolk in a merry game of shoot the dragon and get yourself some lovely dragon harvestibles to sell back in Whiterim for a tidy profit!

[Image: 11ahpgl.jpg]

Burn baby burn - it's Dragon Steaks down at the Moorside Inn tonight!

Remember that the game is a free-for-all in terms of what you want to do. There's nothing to stop you saying "sod the quest, I don't care if I'm Dragonborn" and pick and choose what you want to go for. That's what's so brilliant about it. There isn't just one story, but
hundreds of stories in the game that have nothing at all to do with the
"Big Quest".

"You are the Dragonborn! You are the Chosen One!"

"Sorry grandad, but the dragons can go fry the whole lot of you to a crisp for all I care! Stuff your prophecies, stuff your silly civil war, I'm going adventuring, playing with my alchemy set and the Skyforge, making a mountain of loot and whatever else I want."

"But, but, but..."

"You want a Chosen One, go hire Harry Potter, he's unemployed now he's killed Voldermort, is too old to get back into Hogwarts!"

Tongue

You don't have to join either of the two civil war factions in Skyrim - the Imperials in charge who want to make Skyrim to be a more central part of the Tamriel empire, and the nationalist Stormcloaks that want Skyrim to be independent - nor get involved in the Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild or any of the many other factions in the game - it's all entirely up to you.

(Currently I'm in the huff with the Dark Brotherhood, one of them tried to assassinate me - and failed! - because someone unknown is trying to kill me, so might go and find them eventually and see if there's some way I can go and screw up their lives for revenge!)

The best way to avoid combat is to skill and swot up on the alchemy and archery, so if you have no choice you can make it a completely one sided contest. There's nothing funnier than getting perched up on some high ground above some utterly impenetrable fortress with a stack of arrows. If you burrow yourself into a nice little niche in the rocks, you can have a merry time picking the entire garrison off, and all their fancy swords and armour won't save them.

Even better if it is a witches coven in the mountains. I HATE witches! They can shoot fireballs at you and if there's three of them doing so, you're barbequed in next to no time. But attack them at night, and once you shoot one of them while hidden up high, they all start glowing bright blue firing up their magic ready to fire damage spells, and thank you very much for making yourselves excellent targets for me up here in the dark of the rocks, now a nice little paralysis poison arrow for your big Hagraven leader before she magics some nasties to fight me with, and a few arrows later it's all over and time to loot your grubby corpses and smelly campsite!

(Paralysis potion rocks! So easy to make, and no matter how tough the baddie, down they go long enough for you to put them out of the game)

Big Grin

Coolest thing that's happened in the game so far was over at Dragon Bridge up in the north-west part of Skyrim (the only part of the Haafinger region I like).

[Image: znvv4o.jpg]

That bridge is pretty cool, but what's way cooler is who sometimes crosses it at night.

[Image: 2d10fab.jpg]
[Image: 2v8fss9.jpg]

My jaw dropped when I saw it gallop by - a headless horseman ghost! Chased after it, watched it cross over the bridge, stop a bit further down the road, and after a while just vanished.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 23-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Minty - 27-11-2011 11:20 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 28-11-2011, 07:40 AM