Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
23-09-2012, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 10:58 PM by Minty.)
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
Soul gems - there's never enough. Wizards are always your best bet for plenty of soul gems, with the six Mages of the College of Winterhold being an easy way to buy lots, along with Nelacar the wizard down at the Frozen Hearth Inn (he stays in the room to the right of the bar).

One way of getting soul gems for free is running around the various palaces once you are friendly with them, as there's always a few lying around the same rooms. Top floor of the Blue Palace for example. In the room where Sybille Stentor the wizard is the resident slugabed, there are a couple of soul gems you can take. Make it a regular job to revisit them & you can slowly build up a steady gem pile.

Draugr tombs also have them lying around, in chests or inside burial urns. Dwarfen ruins tend to have loads of ones to pick up, but I'd not make it a reason for going in, as the damn places tend to have Falmer & Dwarven mechanoids (which have soul gems in them). Falmer & Dwarfen mechanoids will kill you very quickly when you're a novice, & I'd say try & avoid getting involved in them when you are low level in archery and/or destruction magic (& stamina for running away!).

I have to be honest, I found it less hassle to take the money hit & buy them using the profit from selling junk to the merchants. It's less of a grind to make iron daggers at a forge, enchant them using a poxy filled Petty Soul Gem to boost up their price to a stupid sum, sell them on, & use the money to buy more Soul Gems. That way you are skilling up your smithing, enchanting & speech quick too (which means bigger profits quicker & more money to buy gems).

Would I be right in guessing you played the game on PS3 in third player mode rather than first player? I gave up on trying to play games like that years ago because I was forever running into walls as well! Blush

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 23-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 28-11-2011, 07:40 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Minty - 23-09-2012 10:56 PM