Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are the official Sims 3 forums usually as bad as this
28-11-2011, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 07:25 PM by Minty.)
Are the official Sims 3 forums usually as bad as this
I tend not to bother too much with the officials, as it seems too often the playground of basement dwellers long overdue needing humanely destroyed, but stumbled on this one today - what a train wreck!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/470111.page

Huh Huh Huh Huh

It's like someone decided to run a convention for the worst guests ever to appear on the Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle shows!

Talk about getting upset over nothing! How do these people cope with real problems in their lives if this is how upset they get over a game?

Either that or Red Bull's half price somewhere this week!

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin Tongue

Against my better judgement, I posted what I considered a reasonable enough summary of the worst offender's last offering, which led to me getting sworn at instead.

[Image: n48shg.jpg]

[Image: jaewzr.jpg]

If this is what they're like on a Monday, heaven help those trying to maintain order at that place come Friday when we've a General Strike on and it will be filled with bored schoolkids and uni students wanting dramas all over their own like the grown-ups are having!

Dodgy

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 09:50 PM by Minty.)
RE: Are the official Sims 3 forums usually as bad as this
Postscript: Priceless! The sad wee muppet started a thread dedicated to me because he felt so butthurt at being called out! Obsessed much?

[Image: 16m60zo.jpg]

He even put in some bull manure about everyone's picking on him because of his sexuality when the topic never came up once! The whole thing got scrubbed though, seems he's primadonnaed his way into getting two of his accounts banned in one day!

I hope this sad wee fail of a life doesn't live near anyone with rabbits for pets, coz he's a bunny boiler if ever there was one.

Gawd, and I thought Cororon your favourite blog were only kidding about how round the bend some of those on the officials are! A psychiatrist would have kept in work for weeks dealing with it.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

29-11-2011, 06:32 AM
your a mod here??? wow I never noticed that...

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

30-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Yes that's how things are over there, but it's only natural since that's the forum where ALL simmers are gathered after buying and registering their games. Simmers of all age groups and personalities... Private run fan forums are very different, because simmers that don't fit in will leave or be banned. Shy
30-11-2011, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 12:19 PM by Minty.)
(29-11-2011 06:32 AM)simman23 Wrote:  your a mod here??? wow I never noticed that...
Yeah Ollie, Matt didn't change my designation though to read Moderator, which to be honest I feel more comfortable with. When he offered it to Breebree711, Cororon and I to deal with the spam problem, I said I didn't want to become one when there were certain wastrels still with moderating powers doing nothing (long story, but I've been here before helping out with other forums back in my Medal Of Honor/BF2 playing days because those that were meant to be doing the work weren't pulling their weight, it all ended in tears).

Got made one anyway, so decided having been given a tin star by the sheriff that Deputy Mint oughta holster a pair of six guns and run them spambots clean outta town!

I was a moderator over at the now deceased Evil Dictators website (a Medal Of Honor, COD and BF2 clan) for more years than I care to remember (it was at least four or five). I almost freaked out when Cororon called me Minty from the off as that was what I was usually called at EVDI, and wondered if she was an old MOH player at first. We had one Swedish player called Bluetooth (after King Harald Bluetooth who ruled Denmark, Norway and part of Sweden), who was a terror with a sniper rifle.

(By the way Mares, thanks for that tip-off, but I already knew from the off!)

Tongue

30-11-2011, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 08:27 PM by KnightoftheDarkLady.)
Yeah, I've not exactly made any effort to hide my identity Tongue I would think my distinctive writing style would give it away anyway.

I will say one thing I have noticed over on the official forums is a policy of rather blatant favoritism. Now, let's take a persona which is incredibly nasty to people... say, call them TrannyRedflower (hey, I can poke fun at myself if I want to!) ... and let them play for over a month.

Total warnings: 1, for posting a nice goodbye to Bluebellflora on her leaving thread (that's as far as I've been able to track that down, and that's not entirely reliable information).

Compare that to Kaosgirl00, who got banned for spamming, and Bluebellflora, who faced the fact it was pretty obvious the gurus were gunning for her by the time she posted her leaving post (they even made it a special point to move her leaving post to Pets, where it could do nothing except draw arguments, and I noticed several posters who posted nice goodbyes disappeared for three days after that).

The problem on those forums isn't that there's no rules; it's that the posted rules are blatant lies and no one knows what the real rules are. And there's a lot of unstated rules that one has to learn through the forums, and sometimes the only people who know them are themselves unreliable.

Edit: Huh. Read the full thing Mare's Nest wrote. Obviously, he fails at research. If he even did any research of my posts in the EA forums, he'd find I had made references to test-posts on other forums long before ever joining this one. I joined this one because it was advertised as a community with real moderation.
30-11-2011, 10:34 PM
(30-11-2011 02:57 AM)Cororon Wrote:  Yes that's how things are over there, but it's only natural since that's the forum where ALL simmers are gathered after buying and registering their games. Simmers of all age groups and personalities... Private run fan forums are very different, because simmers that don't fit in will leave or be banned. Shy
How true! Pathetic when you think they are paid for doing it too and don't do their job, even if they are paid buttons to do so. It's like that old joke of Harry Secombe's "with wages being what they are, only the amateurs can afford to be professional!"

Big Grin

01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Man, people just make me so freaking mad all the time! >:[

Idiots.

I was banned from the EA Forum a while back for 72 hours for...posting off topic? idk, something like that. It was the big marriage thread we had going (I married MaxisMatt <333333 TongueTongueTongueTongue) and yeah. I was the only one to be banned. Jerks.

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed