Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Technology taking over...
30-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Technology taking over...
Next year I'm changing schools. The school that I'm going to will be using Ipads with apps replacing textbooks. Do you think that technology is a good or a bad thing?

off topic: What have threads here turned into? Talking about technology possible being bad. Tongue

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 12:33 PM
RE: Technology taking over...
I'm just amazed it's taken this long to getting around to it as it solves the problem of new textbooks at the push of a button. They've been very slow in utilising new technology properly in schools (at least the state run ones), dabbling with it for the most part and usually kids are streets ahead of those meant to be the educators.

Ipads are great fun. Very handy for the train, especially when the one you're on breaks down (often!). Couldn't do without proper books though as well. Something about the creak of the spine of a new book like the pages are awakening for you. Also it would make Christmas a bit crappy - everyone leaving cards under the Christmas tree with written inside "here's the link to your ebook/Ipad App Christmas present to download." Just isn't the same, is it?

Confused

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't like what technology is turning into. Some schools in Florida use Kindles for their textbooks, but I havent heard of iPads in school. That's new to me!

I prefer holding the book in my hand (that's what everyone says, isn't it? Tongue), and actually, physically, writing out notes (this is more efficient for me, given that in college, I take notes oon paper faster than those with a computer. Plus, Im no where near computer savvy!)

Yeah, blah. Technology!

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm with you on notetaking by hand. Somehow it just doesn't feel "right" otherwise. Okay, you have to transfer it over to the computer anyway, but still feels more natural scribing it first. Besides which, there's no surer way of getting people on your back in a library than to speed type with a laptop (esp. if the librarians are all like the technophobic coffin dodgers with more make up than Coco The Clown at my local branch). Telling them "I've saving the planet by saving paper and reducing my carbon footprint" is only likely to have everyone else putting real footprints all over you at high speed.

Confused

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-12-2011, 12:20 AM
XD I never transfer my notes over. lol, I only make sure theyre readable for me, then I write my papers on the computer Tongue

Insufficiency Revealed
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm loving the whole technology taking over. Online classes are becoming more apparent here, as well as iPads/Kindles/Laptops in school. I'm satisfied with that!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I've never taken an online class before. Ever. They kind of scare me, actually. I'd rather talk to someone face to face if I have questions, not over the phone where they can't see what Im writing, or anything.

Insufficiency Revealed