Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas, and a lot of them
25-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Ideas, and a lot of them
Relationships

FriendshipEqual emphasis on all relationship types! There are very few interactions for friendship building. With the new seamless neighborhood I think there could be MANY more things added.

Ex. I hope sims can walk side by side and talk. You see two sims doing that in one of the screenshots.
Townies inviting your sims over for dinner.
---------

Love
Adults should have a go steady option just like teens. It could be called "Be Exclusive." Also in real life people break up and have new relationships all the time. In the sims breakups can only really happen if someone cheats. Sims should clash much more often. Similar to the promise system, sims should be able to make promises to their significant others. Fulfilling them boosts relationship points and vice versa.

Ex. The wife asks husband to buy groceries, if she comes home and finds he hasn't, a minor drop in relationship occurs - of course only for the everyday level. He might get rejected if right after he tries to make out with her.

However, if the man is supposed to pay the bills and the repo man comes. He might not be able to get any for a week!

I would like affairs to be more complex. Instead of flirting counting as having an affair - only going on a date, kissing, or woohoo would trigger that memory.

Also if you have your secret lovers child, your husband might figure it out if the genetics are drastically different.
-----

Family
I think Sims should refer to their parents and such as "Dad", "Mom", "Uncle" etc. It's weird when their parent dies and in their memory it doesn't say dad or mom.

Siblings also need a little less harmony, a little more turmoil. Depending on their traits, they get along...or fight. A studious sim might find their sister sneaking out all the time offensive. Maybe they even have an option to tell on them, or cover it up!

Kids actually need to ask their parents to go out. There's an option for it in TS2 but it doesn't actually do anything. If they don't their parent will get angry. Of course with the seamless neighborhood they could just get back before their parent comes home from work. The strictness of the parent would depend on their traits. If they were a conservative parent, the kid would have to ask no matter what. If the parent had a partier trait, they could pretty much get away with anything. If the parent didn't have a trait that applied to that, they would only have to ask if they would be away at nighttime.

If a kid breaks a rule like the one above, they could be grounded. Then if the parent sim catches them watching TV they would get chased out of the room etc.

Families in general need more controversy. In real life, the relationships you have with your family are the most stressful, since you're with them all the time. Let's see that in the Sims.
--------

Memories

Lots more memories to look over. Here are some suggestions:

First word, first date, first love, first day of school, first job etc. (Lots of firsts)
Met Dream sim! (3 lightning bolts of chemistry)
Remarried, widowed, big fight with (Sim name here)
Had a great night out (why are there not memories for Outings in TS2!!)
----------

Parties

I think there should be more party scenarios. And in the different scenarios people act differently!

Pool Parties - Everyone heads outside! No one inside except for quick bathroom trips. Otherwise people are in the pool, hot tub, or by the grill. If there are two tables for eating, one inside and one outside, this scenario triggers people eating outside.

Dinner Parties - If there is a dining room and a kitchen eating area, this triggers eating in the dining area. Inviting the Headmaster over would also do this.

Play date - Parents have the option to invite their kid's friends over. Watching TV, video games, and playing outside are most popular interactions.
---------

That's it for now!
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Re: Ideas, and a lot of them
Ya like if you get grounded you have to stay in your room the whole time except for school. You can click on the fridge and there could be an option like (take food to ____)

You show me a baby talking gibberish.<br />I'll show you a future sims lover.<br /><br />Number 974 Baby!
25-03-2008, 09:33 PM
wow i like your ideas a lot!

I have every sim&nbsp; and now i cant wait till sims 3
25-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow.

Nice ideas!

Hooray for you! =D

[glow=limegreen,2,500]You know a good game of Monopoly has ended when a player gets sent back to jail, loses half the money, grabs the board and throws it to the wall, and all the pieces are thrown randomly at peoples heads.[/glow]
25-03-2008, 10:58 PM
(25-03-2008 09:26 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:Relationships

FriendshipEqual emphasis on all relationship types! There are very few interactions for friendship building. With the new seamless neighborhood I think there could be MANY more things added.

Ex. I hope sims can walk side by side and talk. You see two sims doing that in one of the screenshots.
Townies inviting your sims over for dinner.
---------

Love
Adults should have a go steady option just like teens. It could be called "Be Exclusive." Also in real life people break up and have new relationships all the time. In the sims breakups can only really happen if someone cheats. Sims should clash much more often. Similar to the promise system, sims should be able to make promises to their significant others. Fulfilling them boosts relationship points and vice versa.

Ex. The wife asks husband to buy groceries, if she comes home and finds he hasn't, a minor drop in relationship occurs - of course only for the everyday level. He might get rejected if right after he tries to make out with her.

However, if the man is supposed to pay the bills and the repo man comes. He might not be able to get any for a week!

I would like affairs to be more complex. Instead of flirting counting as having an affair - only going on a date, kissing, or woohoo would trigger that memory.

Also if you have your secret lovers child, your husband might figure it out if the genetics are drastically different.
-----

Family
I think Sims should refer to their parents and such as "Dad", "Mom", "Uncle" etc. It's weird when their parent dies and in their memory it doesn't say dad or mom.

Siblings also need a little less harmony, a little more turmoil. Depending on their traits, they get along...or fight. A studious sim might find their sister sneaking out all the time offensive. Maybe they even have an option to tell on them, or cover it up!

Kids actually need to ask their parents to go out. There's an option for it in TS2 but it doesn't actually do anything. If they don't their parent will get angry. Of course with the seamless neighborhood they could just get back before their parent comes home from work. The strictness of the parent would depend on their traits. If they were a conservative parent, the kid would have to ask no matter what. If the parent had a partier trait, they could pretty much get away with anything. If the parent didn't have a trait that applied to that, they would only have to ask if they would be away at nighttime.

If a kid breaks a rule like the one above, they could be grounded. Then if the parent sim catches them watching TV they would get chased out of the room etc.

Families in general need more controversy. In real life, the relationships you have with your family are the most stressful, since you're with them all the time. Let's see that in the Sims.
--------

Memories

Lots more memories to look over. Here are some suggestions:

First word, first date, first love, first day of school, first job etc. (Lots of firsts)
Met Dream sim! (3 lightning bolts of chemistry)
Remarried, widowed, big fight with (Sim name here)
Had a great night out (why are there not memories for Outings in TS2!!)
----------

Parties

I think there should be more party scenarios. And in the different scenarios people act differently!

Pool Parties - Everyone heads outside! No one inside except for quick bathroom trips. Otherwise people are in the pool, hot tub, or by the grill. If there are two tables for eating, one inside and one outside, this scenario triggers people eating outside.

Dinner Parties - If there is a dining room and a kitchen eating area, this triggers eating in the dining area. Inviting the Headmaster over would also do this.

Play date - Parents have the option to invite their kid's friends over. Watching TV, video games, and playing outside are most popular interactions.
---------

That's it for now!

love the parties idea b/c in my TS2 u can only invite 2 ppl.
25-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I think parents need to have more control over there kins, maybe even more then the player.

For parties, there should be routy teen parties, which can only occur when the parents are away. There should also be surprise parties for anything like promotions and of course birthdays.

Good ideas!  ;D

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
25-03-2008, 11:34 PM
you know there's a cheat in TS2 for having mroe people to a party- idk if it works, i havent tried it yet...

but when youre i nthe neighborhood view- press CTRL+SHIFT+C  when the cheat box opens, type this exact phrase (all cheats have to be exact)  intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 4 then hit enter, you can make the number at the end anything you like, but don't use a really high number because it slows your game a lot.

also, if you want to invite more people to a party, once you invite your two guests, just invite people over by the phone and theyll join in on the fun Smile

you play soccer,football, and basketball...&nbsp; &nbsp; we play cross country[br][br][br] You might run cross country if: [br]your shoes have more miles than your car[br]you can eat your weight in pasta[br]your practice is the soccer team's punishment
25-03-2008, 11:36 PM
(25-03-2008 11:34 PM)uncstarz link Wrote:you know there's a cheat in TS2 for having mroe people to a party- idk if it works, i havent tried it yet...

but when youre i nthe neighborhood view- press CTRL+SHIFT+C   when the cheat box opens, type this exact phrase (all cheats have to be exact)  intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 4 then hit enter, you can make the number at the end anything you like, but don't use a really high number because it slows your game a lot.

also, if you want to invite more people to a party, once you invite your two guests, just invite people over by the phone and theyll join in on the fun Smile

yeah, i usually just invite them over after I start da party.... Wink
25-03-2008, 11:39 PM
You've got some wicked ideas.
I especially loved the Family ones.
26-03-2008, 01:11 AM
All fantastic ideas.

Twilight---best book ever<br /><br />*An official Twilighter