Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with Sims 3 pets
26-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Problems with Sims 3 pets
I got the sims 3 pets for christmas, I was over the moon and installed it straight away, however once i was in the game many things happened; one of my sims lost all her hair when i zoomed in on her and on her picture, the other sim's hair turned pink, my horse kept getting a line through it's head and to top it off the game keeps crashing. It freezes then goes to a black screen, this happens about twice then i have to close the game via task manager. I have tried the DEP thing but nothing seems to work.I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, checked the memory on my computer -there is plenty of space- checked my graphics card- also fine- and deleted all of my installed content. I hoped this would fix it but when i went to play it again it crashed. Again. My game is up to date on patched and i have the up to date origins. Is there a patch coming out to help me? If not please tell me what i can do, i just want to play my game, Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2011, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 04:22 PM by Minty.)
RE: Problems with Sims 3 pets
Hello Lydia.

The bad news is that in a repeat of the events of Christmas 2009, EA have released a patch that makes the game all but unplayable.

[Image: wacko.gif]

The good news is that there may be a way around it from past experience.

Try uninstalling the base game ONLY, leaving all your other expansions and stuff packs in (move your custom content folder away as always when doing an update however).

Now reinstall the base game and apply all the patches. Test and see now if your game runs properly.

For some reason it tends to be people with existing games that have these game problems whenever there's a patch. My guess is they test patches on clean systems rather than ones with the game preinstalled and this is where their errors are creeping in.

Could be wrong though! Crinrict and Twallan are the experts when it comes to fixing all the screaming foul-ups caused by EA being unable to code their own game properly.

Let me know how you get on with trying this.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply