Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Graphics or? Help!
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Graphics or? Help!
Well, first, hello.

I installed Sims 3, and first it said that the game has been missing "d3dx9_31.dll" file.
I "googled" it and ok, I downloaded it and copied in the System32 folder.
Then I started the game. Everything was ok until it hasn´t full loaded.

There are many black objects and some of them are "colorful" Confused
The graphics were set to high, but even though I set them to medium, it´s still the same.

I took a picture of it, so you can see how does it look like...
I don´t know if this is the graphics problem, because my graphics are new and it shouldn´t be because of that.
I hope you can help me...

[Image: d4r88ddb.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 11:33 AM by Minty.)
RE: Graphics or? Help!
Hi Nerjii, first of all do you know that you can take a screenpic in game by pressing C?

What you have done wrong here is download the d3dx9_31.dll file. Get rid of the one you downloaded, and never download any *.dll file on its own from the net - you never know what it might contain. It should always be as part of a program.

Once you've done that, install the latest non-beta version of Direct X. The version the above is from is Direct X 9.

If that doesn't work, check to see that your graphics card is updated.

If that still doesn't work, final option is it could be some file from the game itself is messed up. Uninstall and reinstall only your base Sims 3 game - do not uninstall anything else - and patch. Remember to move out your mods folder to a safe place when doing this and only put back in once you've finished installing and patching.

Let us know how you got on.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 02:02 PM by Nejrii.)
I know that I can make screenpic by pressing C, but I wasn´t able to do that because I was in the neighbourhood... Or? Anyway I tried it and it didn´t work. So I made it by myself.

I tried reinstalling the game but it didn´t help.

Well, I lost my nerves and after some minutes I also deleted the *.dll file which I downloaded.
Then I started the game again, and the game worked...
But this crap was still there...

Btw, the version of DirectX that I have is DirectX 11.

14-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Have to confess I'm stumped. The only time I've seen black lots in towns before is with badly made custom worlds. It could be down to that latest patch but can't remember seeing this ever come up in anyone's list of complaints.
Huh

Are you using any mods or did you put any new custom content in just before your game went like this?

14-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Nope, I just installed it and after installation it was like that.
I didn´t do anything.
Well it might be because of CD or something...

Thanks anyway.
15-01-2012, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 02:20 PM by Minty.)
One final throw of the die here.

Could you go to the following site?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

This will analyse your computer to see if it can run the game, and if not it will say what is needing upgraded or changed.

17-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Everytime I tried to use it, it showed me this:

[Image: clqoqu7w.jpg]

Like I already said, thanks anyway.