Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
People who work for train companies must have lobotomies in the job requirement
25-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Tongue People who work for train companies must have lobotomies in the job requirement
Took a train today, with no one being at the station in charge (on their ten thousandth tea break probably) I thought I'd get one on the train.

When I explained what happened to the conductor, he said "I know that's not true because I just checked the tickets of two people who got on the same stop as you", to which I replied, "In which case I know you're making that up because I was the only person that got on the train at the station, because I was the only one on the entire platform."

Conductor huffed and first tried to give me a single, I told him no, I asked for a return (which are only a few pennies more expensive than the single tickets. Go figure). Big huffy sigh, and I get my ticket. But as he storms off down the carriage, I check my tickets against an old one from December that was in my inside pocket, and something didn't read right.

When Brain Of Britain dragged his knuckles back up to our end of the carriage, I asked him had the fares been changed.

"I charged you the right fare!" he said immediately and defensively.

"I never said you had not - what I asked was has there been a recent change?"

"They went up."

"The reason I ask [since he didn't bother to ask why I was asking like anyone involved in a customer service role might perhaps have thought their job!] is that I have an old return ticket here from December time, also Off-Peak. It goes one stage further up to the city, but the cost of that fare is £4.10, while this return to the local town is £2.10. Usually the difference in fares between those two stages is about £1, so can I ask what would have been the current Off Peak return fare if I'd decided to go to the city instead?"

He presses some buttons, and says "£3.20"

"£3.20? But that's cheaper than back in December!"

"No it's not. The fares have gone up. I should know. I do work for the railway!"

"Look, here's a ticket from December 2011. It's Off Peak Day Return too. It says £4.10! You lot made it, not me."

"It must have been a special deal."

"How can it have been a special deal - it's more expensive!"

[Image: thbowlofstupid.gif]

He was glad to be rid of me when my stop came up, the feeling was mutual. Millions on the dole, how the hell has he managed to get himself in work? Did he win it in a Christmas raffle down the Jobcentre?

[Image: PissedOff.gif]

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply