Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Book Thread :D
31-08-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Offical Book Thread :D
I think Baz Luhrman's adapting it into a film. Leonardo DiCaprio and Toby MacGuire are in it.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 09:17 AM
I think you're right. They also have a stage play on at the moment, but I can't remember the details.
01-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I haven't actually read it. I'd like to, though... guess I'll have to get down to the library.

I watched the trailer and it looks pretty cool. But it sounds like it's going to have a modern soundtrack which... hmmm, I don't know... Shouldn't it have a swinging 20s jazz soundtrack?

[center]
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I'll have to watch the trailer when I get home this evening. Not sure how I feel about the modern soundtrack!
25-09-2012, 09:11 PM
So, think I'll be scooting along to my local bookshop this weekend to give them a spot of business and collect the new book by Ms J.K. Rowling. I wonder if it will be any good!
26-09-2012, 09:09 PM
[Image: 137167.jpg]

Out tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 27, at 8 a.m. GMT).

So far only one review out, & that's been from tame journalist Deepti Hajela in the States, who had exclusive syndicated reviews of all the Potter books from "Goblet Of Fire" onwards on release day. Surprise, surprise, all were positive, & so is the one for "The Casual Vacancy". Only a few other journalists have been allowed copies, & only after signing ridiculous gag clauses & surrendering of rights.

The very fact Rowling's effectively ensured the traditional press review with a week to publication will not happen is not a good sign. The main character's name is Krystal Weedon apparantly. "Krystal Weedon And The Parish Council Election Of Fire" would have sounded silly I suppose.

Considering how bad have been my book choices this year to date, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, although at 512 pages though there has to be something to look forward to!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-09-2012, 10:05 PM
(26-09-2012 09:09 PM)Minty Wrote:  "Krystal Weedon And The Parish Council Election Of Fire" would have sounded silly I suppose.

Biggrin
Krystall Weedon what, I wonder?

Today at lunch I read on the BBC website about an interview with JKR. Apparently there is some swearing in the book. That's really all I learned. The person doing the interview seemed more interested in her blue eyes and her shoes than in her book Nah
27-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I noticed today JKR's talking about "Director's Cuts" of the Harry Potter Books. Is this a back up plan I see before me? We all know she's going to do a Marauders book sometime, she may as well get started on it. Your reading public is always right. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Krystal sounds like like someone off the Jeremy Kyle show. Did she cheat on her husband with his father?

Anyways, I guess I'll read it when I read it. I hear there's a few racy scenes, including one with some boys looking at naughty things on the Internet.

[center]
29-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I have my copy. Now I just need to find some time to read it. I was very pleased to get a discount in the bookshop. The cover is extremely bright (the spine is yellow) so it looks rather bold on the book case.