or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downloads don´t work - update?
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Downloads don´t work - update?
Hey

I have Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets..
I have been downloaded free stuff from different sights where people has made stuff to use.
But they don´t work. F.e - you can´t place objects on desks or counters. And when I place a chair into a desk or table it kind of places within the desk/table. Very annoying.
It has not always been like this, so I wonder if Sims has placed a bug for that within a autoupdate?
We have the games installed on both a mac and a pc. And the problems occured at the same time on both.
Is there a way to come around this problem?
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
RE: Downloads don´t work - update?
Yes, with Sims 3 Pets came a problem with the interaction in objects for custom content.

The Sims Resource came up with a very simple program called Rigfix to use to put all your stuff through so it would work again. There's also one by Mod The Sims, but their "simpler" version is anything but.

Let me know if you need further help with this one.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-03-2012, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 06:35 AM by sunzet.)
RE: Downloads don´t work - update?
Hey and thank you so much for the anserw. I will try Riggfix and see if it helps.
Although, I forgot to mention that I only have Pets installed on the PC, but the
problem occurs on the Mac as well.
I will though try thos on both computers and see if it helps.

Have a nice day!

More questions - I was googling around about Rigfix. And the word/program CC occurs a lot.
I have very small technical knowledge of the Sims 3 so I wonder what that stands for.
Is it something that I should already have or do I need to get it in order to get this problem go away?

Rigfix will probably work on the pc, but from what I can see there is no solution for Mac yet?
But if I got it right I can fix the files in the pc and then copy them over to Mac?

Many questions...sorry.