Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A reply to The Mares Nest
09-03-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest
I'd like to pipe up and say a few words as well.

Matt, don't blame yourself 'entirely' for the decline of the forums. You were supposed to have support from Bambi and Myself (originally), we knew you had things to deal with in your personal life, and that's what we were here to help out for. I will admit that sometimes we did feel rather helpless due to restrictions (for example, one Friday something glitched which made members have Moderator permissions, and you were gone for the weekend, we had to try and keep everyone from going mad with the tools) but I would say for the most part we handled things fairly well. I suppose after the domain changed from 'sims3.com', we got less people registering, but obviously that's not all to blame. I don't think we got enough promo out there either, something which looking back on, we could have worked so much better at doing.

Then Bambi kept disappearing due to things happening in her life, and to this day I don't even know much about what happened, and I don't have a clue what Bambi is doing with her life now, I haven't spoken to her in over a year. Bat was then announced as a Moderator, so this kept things steady and things were being handled mostly around the clock.

I saw my name mentioned a few times in that article written by The Mares Nest, of which were quite laughable. Yes, I did leave the forums, perhaps unattended...I'm not sure, my understanding was that we still had Moderators to cover things. As with everyone that has left, life just got in the way. I had things to do, decisions to make, and to be honest, I just lost all interest in The Sims...so I saw no reason to log on anymore. I did think my Moderator status would have been revoked, but it still appears to be intact.

I'd like to say Congratulations to the new members of Staff here, I'm really pleased that you've seen SimsForums through to where we are currently at. I would have liked to have stayed, but I just lost interest in The Sims. I'm sure you have all been doing a fantastic job, and will continue to do so. I hope you can raise awareness of the forums once again and raise it to a status that these forums were at all those years ago.

Coming Soon...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A reply to The Mares Nest - matt - 07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - Earth Mama - 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - Minty - 07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - matt - 07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - Minty - 07-03-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - Munsta - 09-03-2012 01:38 AM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - Paul - 13-03-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: A reply to The Mares Nest - gothika - 16-03-2012, 10:27 PM