Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chick Lit MP Quits
07-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Chick Lit MP Quits
[Image: Louise-Mensch-is-to-stand-008.jpg]

Louise Mensch, better known as chick-lit author Louise Bagshawe (Sweet Valley High for the woman-child generation), quit abruptly as MP for Corby yesterday after only two years.

There's been accusations of being a useless MP & no one ever seeing her, whilst at the same time of being obsessed with self-publicity & always having her face in - wait for it - the local press. Urrr, my brain hurts!

Her attendance record says she attended 448 votes out of 599, rebelling against the whip 3 times (Fnarr! Very "50 Shades Of Grey"!). A 75% voting record is better than most MPs manage.

Her most famous rebellion was over an amendment to the Hairdressers Registration Bill - pandering to her readers as ever! Biggrin

But they shall wait in vain for any bill now from Mensch for celebrity gossip mags & all things pink & fluffy to be tax-free or at least tax-deductible. The story is she's moving back to America due to business committments of her & her husband & for the sake of her children. It doesn't wash. Her hubby manages Metallica, one of those bands now slipped into middle aged dotage & only doing albums or tours when they feel like it.

Also, how much more selfish can you get than yet again upping sticks so her children lose another set of friends & have to start from scratch? When you're an adult, friends really aren't as important as they are to a child. When you're older, you get used to friends coming & going, especially in today's workplace. For the formative years however, friends are part of that security along with home a child needs to grow up in a stable, loving environment.

I predict before the end of the year there will be a massive scandal concerning her, & that's the real reason for the sudden quit - probably all her books being plagerised from "The Four Marys" in Bunty!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply