Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harry Styles attempt for [removed] (help!)
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Harry Styles attempt for [removed] (help!)
OK, at Sommie's request, I've tried to do Harry Styles from One Direction. Getting a correct hair looks like it would have to be some sort of custom hair job as nothing from EA does it (you can always have him with his wooly bunnit on!)

[Image: 136618.jpg]

Here's what I've got so far & the picture I've based it on. Allowing for the biggest Sims face problem of them all (Sims have symmetical faces, people don't!), I'm a bit stuck what I need to do to get it closer to the target.

If anyone can throw in some suggestions to get it nearer (eg. move one of the eye apexes, drop the jaw more, etc) I'll be glad to hear from them.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Harry Styles attempt for [removed] (help!)
first off thanks! :3
secondly. I don't think his nose is that big..I mean it is big. ahem. His face size would be smaller and his lips too and his eyes smaller. I think the face itself is good, but maybe slimmed down a bit?

Here's a remarkable close shot of his nose.
[Image: LOL.jpg]

LOL on that.

Also I believe that is a photo from several years back. Granted his face hasn't changed much but it's matured a bit.
[Image: 2012.jpg]

08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
That's a pretty good likeness, Minty. Better than I could do - I'm rubbish with CAS sliders! Like [removed] said, nose could be a bit smaller and I would say that the mouth could be a little wider but slightly less plump. That's all I can think of just now.
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Ah dammit, saw Caspin's feedback only after starting this post. Oh well, here's where I am so far.

[Image: 136629.jpg]

I think the eyes are closer (or maybe not). I pulled in the face width & reduced the nose & mouth.

The big problem is getting the pupils, mouth corners and nostril tips to all align the correct way as on his face. The other is that Harry Style's face & Sims 3 sliders aren't compatible. For instance, Harry has dimples at the corners of his mouth, & the only way to get them is with slider mods, which I refuse to touch with a ten foot wotsit even if you gold plated it.

Another part is a mental block probably - trying to do him without thinking of Martin Shaw of The Professionals which he reminds me of with that hair! Curse you ITV4 & your daily teatime repeats of classic shows Compose

To try & get an idea where I was going wrong, I had a look around at others attempts at Harry to get an idea what needed adjusted & where, but that was no use (why are there so many ladyboy versions of him?), so please keep firing suggestions what needs adjusted. I'm going to get this if it kills me.

08-08-2012, 03:36 PM
AWH D:
NO MINTY DON'T STRAIN YOURSELF. it's okay. Harry is...special. x]
So it's fine if you can't get it right. I think you did a good job considering the circumstances. don't beat yourself up for it. I think I'll be able to tweak a few things once I downloaded it :]

10-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Okay, I think I've done all I can here. After some more retweaking, still not happy. The one victory has been getting his eyebrows right, but I had to use custom content for that (Tjitateto_Eyebrow08, but the creator says that he's happy to see it distributed with Sims so long as he cops a mention)

So before we go any further, these eyebrows are brought to you Tjitateto @ http://tjitateto.seesaa.net, where eyebrows are always guaranteed to be eyebrowy. Or something.

[Image: 136640.jpg]

My attempt at a Harry Styles Sim for [removed]

Just in case the eyebrows didn't load up with the Sim, you can get them here.

Eyebrows.

11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I LOLed when I clicked the download button and it says One Dimension. hahahaha nice. & thank you!

I'll be sure to have fun with him... Wink

(on a side note. I just noticed that it says "Matt's tea boy" under your name. that's funny :3)

11-08-2012, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 09:59 PM by Caspin.)
Wonder what [removed]'s sim is going to get up to with his young chap...? Smile

[While Matt's not here, Minty, you could be my tea boy! Warm the pot OK.]
12-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Caspin, you just had to put disturbing thoughts into my head.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

12-08-2012, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 04:49 AM by gothika.)
So many things. So many things.. Yes
(11-08-2012 09:51 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Wonder what [removed]'s sim is going to get up to with his young chap...? Smile

[While Matt's not here, Minty, you could be my tea boy! Warm the pot OK.]

Just to point out. Where did you get the hair from Minty?...it doesn't seem to show up when I download him :/