Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The nine hundred cubic challenge
19-08-2012, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2012 08:40 PM by Minty.)
Rainbow The nine hundred cubic challenge
I've given up on MidnightVale ever coming back to us on this one, but I thought I'd throw in what I've been doing on a whim this evening.

The challenge was making a house on a 10 x 10 lot using all five floors and a four storey basement (the maximum allowed), and it had to have a garden.

Early days, but looks like this one might work once I've tarted it up.

[Image: 136697.jpg]

If you right click on it, you can see it full size.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: The nine hundred cubic challenge
That looks good!

Two questions. One: how big does the garden have to be in order to count as a garden? Presumably if someone sticks a single bunch of daisies outside the front door, then that's not going to count?

Second question - do all of the floors have to be accessible and therefore include stairs/lifts? Or can the upper floors be ornamental?

Smile
23-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I thought I'd have a go at this last night. I like building on small lots but this house is insanely tall! As you can see, I have gone for a modern look in hideous orange and white, with an atrocious steel roof. To make matters worse, I have continued the colour scheme in the garden. As a final insult, I have added a roof garden, otherwise that top set of stairs would be going nowhere Biggrin. It offends my eyes to look at it, but it was a fun challenge.

[Image: TooTall.jpg]

Now what can I do with four basements?! Hmmmm. Now that's a wine cellar!
24-08-2012, 11:15 PM
(20-08-2012 03:40 PM)Caspin Wrote:  That looks good!

Two questions. One: how big does the garden have to be in order to count as a garden? Presumably if someone sticks a single bunch of daisies outside the front door, then that's not going to count?

Second question - do all of the floors have to be accessible and therefore include stairs/lifts? Or can the upper floors be ornamental?

Smile

The garden has to have at least some sort of functionality to it, whether practical (ie. growing, BBQ, painting), leisure (ie. relaxing, therefore at least a sun lounger) or both.

There's no real strict rules to this one, but a single bunch of daisies & a rockery would be my neighbours excuse for a garden taking the rip! Biggrin

Every floor has to have some sort of usage for the Sims, otherwise it would be too easy for sims to use high roofs to use up floors like you have in an old church (this was at the back of my mind when I made up my attempt, which looks like a converted church!)

(23-08-2012 03:19 PM)Caspin Wrote:  I thought I'd have a go at this last night. I like building on small lots but this house is insanely tall! As you can see, I have gone for a modern look in hideous orange and white, with an atrocious steel roof. To make matters worse, I have continued the colour scheme in the garden. As a final insult, I have added a roof garden, otherwise that top set of stairs would be going nowhere Biggrin. It offends my eyes to look at it, but it was a fun challenge.

[Image: TooTall.jpg]

Now what can I do with four basements?! Hmmmm. Now that's a wine cellar!

Brillant work. Yahoo A roof garden's the one great way to fill up the top floor & meet the challenge requirement. It would look superb on a small holiday island, it's got that maisonette at the coast feel to it (in fact Isolation Island springs readily to mind as just the place)

Here's my shot at it.

[Image: 136761.jpg]

What did I manage to squeeze into the 4th Floor clock tower?

[Image: 136762.jpg]

If you look carefully, there's a small table and chair, with an iPad on it! Tongue

Alternatively, the iPad could be removed as a quiet place for the kids to get their homework done.

I was going to be cruel and put the toilet up here - poor Sim takes a pee & hopes the whole town aren't checking the time!

[Image: 136763.jpg]

3rd Floor with landing. This was going to be for a telescope or an easel. Only worry about the telescope is the meteor risk if using it, on a 10x10 lot there's little escape room!

[Image: 136764.jpg]

2nd Floor. A small library/study & computer room. Could ditch the computer for a laptop, so the table could also be used for doing homework.

[Image: 136765.jpg]

1st floor lounge. Telly & 3-piece.

[Image: 136766.jpg]

Ground floor has the kitchen with two chairs & a table to eat at. I thought about making the ground floor the living room & the first floor the kitchen. That might have been better.

Now down to the depths, where there is more room!

[Image: 136767.jpg]

1st basement. Highly unimaginative bedrooms. Did nothing more than put in a double bed, side table, lamp, alarm clock & two pictures. Wimpey Showhouses ain't got nuthin on me Tongue

[Image: 136768.jpg]

2nd basement. Mini Gym & bathroom. There's mirrored walls which is why the wall cutaway didn't work properly & hides the martial arts practice dummy & chin bar.

[Image: 136769.jpg]

3rd basement. Spooky scary floor with inventing bench, chemistry set & various occult stations. The church organ is for playing if all these Hammer Horror tools inspire your Sims to have a Phantom Of The Opera moment, or to have a henchman play something fiendish in the background while making a monster, evil potion, using the voodoo doll or casting an evil spell.

No prizes for guessing what was in the last one.

[Image: 136770.jpg]

4th basement. Nectar racks, two nectar makers and a table for tasting glasses to be left.

With that in mind, no prizes for guessing what sort of garden I went for.

[Image: 136772.jpg]

A couple of apple trees, some potatoes (can Sims make moonshine with the nectar maker?), lettuces & lots of other plants, including of course various grapes.

I'm no builder or interior designer, but that was a good giggle to do at any rate over a couple of hours. I may try this one again sometime.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
29-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Seems like an interesting challenge, I might give it a shot when I get back into playing the sims.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-08-2012, 04:05 PM
It's fun. I might have another go and this time try to make a house that I actually like!