Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caspin the Tropical Tramp
15-09-2012, 10:17 PM
RE: Caspin the Tropical Tramp
Damn that burglar! I really wish Twallan could devise some sort of mod to limit its activities. I've had games where it doesn't matter how many times you duff up the burglar or set alarms, landmines, doberman pincers with the aggressive trait & fed on a diet of amphetamines and coffee, they still come around. Shouldn't it be if the burglar gets a bad experience robbing your home they don't come back?

LOL at Caspin Sim anticipating Seasons! Biggrin Bad luck over the chinchilla escape. Never knew you could roast peppers over the fire, I thought it was only marshmallows or fish for some reason!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Well Minty I can reliably inform you that you can roast all manner of things at the fire pit, including some unlikely victims - grapes, for example!

Didn't play much of my challenge today, as I was distracted by a desire to create a beach resort. It did occur to me, however, that I need some sort of total number of simoleons to aim for. So this evening, after a search of Sunlit Tides real estate, I have selected this house for Caspin to buy once she has enough cash. It's of modest size but I like the fact that it's very close to the beach. I shall therefore aim to accrue $15,000 for this little house and a little left over for a new outfit (why did I send my sim to a tropical paradise in a long sleeved top?)

[Image: TropicalTramp_42.jpg]

[Image: TropicalTramp_43.jpg]

I rounded off another sim week, which left me with nearly $10,000 (I still have a few diamonds in reserve and some food, but sold most other things). Also I was pleased with a great victory - achieving her life time wish, so now I have lots of nice points to spend on useful perks - like no more bills!

[Image: TropicalTramp_44.jpg]

Clapping
28-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Week 5

Had a day off work today, so after all chores and shopping were completed and the new "game process" error for Mac safely bypassed (thanks for nothing, EA), there was time for a spot of tropical tramping Smile

Caspin continues to enjoy fishing and has caught some really huge lobsters. She looks so happy! It does worry me that she shoves all the seafood into the pocket of her skirt. That's not the best idea, surely. Oh well.

[Image: TropicalTramp_45.jpg]

I have been roasting lots of things at the fire pit. Watermelon, limes, potatoes, all manner of unlikely items. Also pears with halos Smile

[Image: TropicalTramp_46.jpg]

It's always nice when a band turn up to serenade you while you are fishing in the park. This one included the local detective...

[Image: TropicalTramp_47.jpg]

It was disappointing that the oh-so musical detective did nothing whatsoever to apprehend this fiendish criminal!

[Image: TropicalTramp_48.jpg]

No bicycle in Sunlit Tides is safe while this scoundrel walks free.

Fortunately Caspin has a cunning plan to defend her plot from this villain - build a shield of vegetables - an onion army!

[Image: TropicalTramp_49.jpg]

I have about $13,000 simoleons now, so not far to go before Caspin will be able to buy her house. It's been very relaxing, gardening and fishing pretty much the whole time. I reckon if I harvest the contents of the garden, then sell everything along with all the lobsters in her pocket, she should have enough.

Here is a final photo of a rather wondrous moon setting.

[Image: TropicalTramp_50.jpg]

Yes
29-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Weeks 6 and 7

Did lots of my challenge today Yes

First up, Caspin continues to go fishing around Sunlit Tides. And the amateur guitarists and the criminal element continue to follow her!

[Image: TropicalTramp_51.jpg]

Some of the people on the island would benefit from assistance from a personal shopper. This guy's lab coat and cone hat ensemble made me chuckle. Dunno

[Image: TropicalTramp_52.jpg]

There were a bunch of tourists in the park, all taking it in turns to argue. Does the game designate particularly awkward traits for tourists, I wonder.

[Image: TropicalTramp_53.jpg]

While I was at the pool, using the showers, this guy came along and tried to chat up Caspin. He expected her to be impressed by his muscular physique.

[Image: TropicalTramp_54.jpg]

However, as someone who has now been living in a tent for seven sim weeks, Caspin would have been more impressed with a hot meal. Especially since he's not only athletic but also rich (he drove off in a limousine after she spurned his advances).

[Image: TropicalTramp_55.jpg]

Oh well, have to continue to fend for ourselves, I reckon. I think I have now tried roasting almost every type of vegetable and fruit on the fire pit. This carrot just doesn't look right to me, and the spikes they use to hold the vegetables look lethal!

[Image: TropicalTramp_56.jpg]

Finally I decided it was time to go on a spree and sell all the stuff my sim has diligently collected, harvested and grown over the last couple of sim weeks. We peddled over to the science institute first, to donate a bunch of bugs and butterflies. Looks rather nice, I might get her a job there once she is under a proper roof.

[Image: TropicalTramp_57.jpg]

The garden was decimated as we harvested crops but didn't replant. Don't cry over the dead onions - they are going to be turned into gold and we'll be rich, rich I tell you!

[Image: TropicalTramp_58.jpg]

To the grocery store!

[Image: TropicalTramp_60.jpg]

I decided to keep hold of some life fruits and some rare seeds, but sold off everything else. I still have some gems as well, for emergency cash!

By the end of week seven I have accrued in excess of 30,000 simoleons, enough to buy two houses (or one, followed by a nice makeover of that house). And a new freaking outfit!

Before I embark on my house purchase I decided that I really should test out a sauna. I hope this mud bath doesn't remind Minty too much of the sludgy tub he experienced after his recent water cut-off!

[Image: TropicalTramp_61.jpg]

I also gave her a break from grilled vegetables - with steamed vegetables!

[Image: TropicalTramp_62.jpg]

Hey ho. Looks like this tent journey is over. I shall post some pics of my new house once I have beautified it Yahoo
30-09-2012, 11:56 AM
All those plants dying at once? No way! But as you say convenient when you were about to vacate the premises anyway.

Laughed at the pose of the two guys playing guitar, they had to have been playing "Apache" by the Shadows at the time!

30-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Nah, they died over the course of the week. I just didn't bother tidying them away, since she'll be moving out shortly. I get lazy at the weekend Smile
06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
House!

Alrighty then, let's get under a proper thatched roof! Caspin bought the house at 5 Mango Way, bid goodbye to her trusty tent and the few remaining vegetables, then set off across the island on her bike. Or did she? The bike certainly moved from tent to house, but there is no evidence of Caspin on that bike! It was very odd watching a bicycle proceed across the island all on its own. Apparently during the course of this challenge I have developed the super power of invisibility - cool!

[Image: TropicalTramp_63.jpg]

She reappeared in time to take possession of the new house, which is very... green!

[Image: TropicalTramp_64.jpg]

Very lovely views across the ocean and lots of bendy palms all round. What a lovely spot. Wait, what is this gloomy face for? Don't you like it, Caspin? If you are going to look that grumpy I might just let you stay invisible.

Ah, furniture too bright for you? Yes. OK. Tired of wearing that purple top? OK. Let's get you a new top and some Diesel jeans. It's not as though I'd spend money on Diesel jeans in real life so you might as well indulge yourself with some sim versions, seeing as clothes are free in Sims 3!

[Image: TropicalTramp_65.jpg]

Better? No, still not loving the furniture. Honestly, some sims are hard to please. You'd think anything would be better than the tent!

[Image: TropicalTramp_66.jpg]

It is fortunate that there was leftover cash. Caspin apparently wanted to blow the lot on a retro kitchen and a bunch of new sofas. She also felt compelled to paint everything orange. Sigh.

[Image: TropicalTramp_67.jpg]

Ah, now you are happy. New bed!

[Image: TropicalTramp_68.jpg]

Tramp no more!

Yahoo
07-10-2012, 08:26 PM
So. Where do we go from here? Today I really enjoyed just carrying on with Caspin's life in Sunlit Tides. She took a job at the Science Institute, which is not too far away, sold her bicycle and bought a scooter instead, and generally enjoyed living a normal sim-life. I decided that she should try to make ambrosia, so that her life in paradise can continue as long as she likes. We already had some life fruits available, so she spent some time catching angelfish, then used these as bait at the graveyard. She caught four deathfish, which have to be the most creepy looking seafood imaginable, so now we just need to save up enough cash to buy the recipe (or rather, save half of the necessary cash, then buy it when the book shop is having a sale).

Here's poor Caspin looking rather traumatised by her night spent fishing for slimy deathfish, all alone in the dark cemetery. Sorry!

[Image: TropicalTrampContinued_01.jpg]

To help her accumulate the cash for the recipe more quickly, I planted some of the seeds I'd kept back and four fine garlic plants emerged. I also thought she could spend her spare time learning to paint, since that is fun and she can make some money that way.

With this kind of view, she should produce some stunning pictures of the ocean. Wait. Why are you mixing brown paint? Surely blue is required?

[Image: TropicalTrampContinued_02.jpg]

Oh. Lovely job, there. No matter where I send her, she always paints picture this first! Some kind of house made out of pink and brown cake? Anyway, things can only improve from that Smile

[Image: TropicalTrampContinued_03.jpg]
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Congratulations to Caspin the former sim tramp. I hope she enjoys the rest of her sim life, knowing how she went from the bottom of society and is now on her way to the top.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
That's the one great part about being a Sim, being able to redecorate and carpet your home from top to bottom a hundred times in one day & not costing you a fortune thanks to the back button!