Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello!
23-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Hello!
Hey there,

Thought I should introduce myself. My name is Ayeffen aka Adam. I'm from the UK and I have been playing the Sims since around 2002.

I was previously a moderator on the EA UK Community Forums for around 2 years and got to do lots of press stuff on behalf of the community in the lead up to the release of The Sims 3. Sadly the Sims community there was closed recently, moving everyone over to the main Sims 3 Community forums.

I have come here seeking asylum as I can't stand the forums over there!

See y'all around Smile

[Image: heavy_sig.jpg]

Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2012, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 11:21 AM by Ollie.)
RE: Hello!
Hello Adam and welcome to Simsforums,
I heard about the UK forums closing. I remember I was there for a short time before moving here. Anyway I hope you enjoy your time with us and enjoy the free food we serve. Haveadrink

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

23-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Hello Adam and welcome!
23-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello Ayeffen & welcome to Sims Forums. Have to admit I thought this was a wind up at first seeing you appear here, we don't usually get visits from the EA mods!

Please accept your complimentary glass of nectar Haveadrink plumbob 4141155crbst-plumbbob-gif_1_ and pan Fryingpan .

There's tea in the kitchen, I ate the last of the Hob-Nobs, but Ollie's bringing suggestive digestives. Caspin bringing the wine over, dunno the vintage, thought I heard something about "that bottle of crap the neighbours gave us last Christmas" but my ears need syringed. I blame the water.

If you do houses or anything else of a Simmy nature, feel free to post piccys of what you are up to over at the Sims 3 section (make the width of the pictures no greater than 500 for a good fit with your text). But you already know that, don't you? Tongue

Feel free to hit general discussion with ramblings of just about everything else. And we mean everything else. Kitchen sinks included. That part tends to be a bit of a free for all, as tends to be the way we roll.

Yeah, was a bit surprised they pulled the plug on the EA UK forum. They did the same to the UK members forum that was on the Official EA Sims 3 forum as well a few months back. I think they believe they can force everyone onto Facebook by doing this. If that's the case, they're going to be in for a big disappointment.

But anyway, glad you're here.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
25-09-2012, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 09:07 PM by Caspin.)
I'm shocked that Minty would suggest that I would offer anything but the finest beverages.

I never really checked out the UK sections of the Sims 3 forum. I hope that you will like it over here Adam!

*Arranges fine wines and gourmet cheese board for guests*
27-09-2012, 12:39 PM
(23-09-2012 10:13 PM)Minty Wrote:  Caspin bringing the wine over, dunno the vintage, thought I heard something about "that bottle of crap the neighbours gave us last Christmas" but my ears need syringed. I blame the water.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but say this; Are you suggesting that Caspin is supplying alcohol to minors???
Just kidding, that was another of my terrible half jokes.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Good heavens. So many aspersions being cast on my good character!
27-09-2012, 05:15 PM
(27-09-2012 12:39 PM)Ollie Wrote:  
(23-09-2012 10:13 PM)Minty Wrote:  Caspin bringing the wine over, dunno the vintage, thought I heard something about "that bottle of crap the neighbours gave us last Christmas" but my ears need syringed. I blame the water.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but say this; Are you suggesting that Caspin is supplying alcohol to minors???
Just kidding, that was another of my terrible half jokes.
Quite right too. It's medicinal! It used to be back in the olden days kids that had been seriously ill were made to drink a half pint of Guinness a day as a way of increasing their bodyweight and iron levels fast. As someone that hates Guinness, I'm so glad I wasn't a child at that time! Sick

Over on the continent, youngsters are introduced to alcohol at a far younger age than over here at the dinner table. Partly it's down to cultural & historical reasons (eg. problems of obtaining clean drinkable water), but at least our continental cousins don't seem to have the "binge drinking" culture we have over here because kids don't see it as any sort of big deal. Over here & Ireland it's still seen as a rite of passage.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I like the odd glass of Guinness. It's more of a food than a drink, really, like milk!