Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
Earthlings eh? I just went to check out this trailer, read the warning at the start and decided not to watch it just now, lest it spoil my good mood. Hope it wasn't too upsetting Ollie. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I'll give anyone else thinking of watching it a warning - it's a 2005 movie about humans maltreatment of animals, going through the usual ones such as factory farming (esp. pigs & cows - which it has to be pointed out in conditions that are legal in the USA but ILLEGAL in the European Union), the force feeding of geese for fois grase, & the "ritual" slaughter of cattle to produce (which comprises of little more in reality than slitting their throats & leaving them thrashing around to bleed to death).

Spain's treatment of bulls also comes under the scope, reminding me about the stories of the Scottish & Northern Irish fans upsetting the locals going to the bullrings & supporting the bull, shouting "Olé ya bass!" if the bull managed to injure one of its tormentors.

The worst part? The fox (I think) being skinned alive for its pelt (yes, it was still very much alive & in intolerable pain at the end of it).

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-12-2013, 05:06 PM
We don't have a sufficiently sad-looking smiley for this. Poor fox. People are barbaric.
14-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Just watching "Tron" on the telly. It makes me chuckle. Smile
15-12-2013, 05:32 PM
This evening I am off to watch the Hobbit film part 2. Truly they are stretching that book out beyond all reason.

Desolation of Smaug indeed? Not the catchiest of titles now is it!? Biggrin
15-12-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2013 10:31 PM by Minty.)
"Desolation of Smaug"? Sounds like a Goth album, although there's probably a progrock tune with that name somewhere.

Watched "Age Of Heroes" last night - what a letdown! Sean Bean really put himself forward for some turkeys!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

16-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Oh my lords and ladies leaping, that was a loooooong film! My bum is completely numb and the hip flask ran dry. There were some funny bits with the dwarves in barrels but after that time slowed down and I started to think I'd never see the shire again.

Bed!
15-01-2014, 05:09 PM
I have finally got to watch The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey, extended edition at that.

It was okay, beautiful scenery, especially the underground dwarven kingdom, but I wouldn't call it essential viewing. The elves ought to have kicked the crap out of them when they acted like lager louts in Rivendell (or mead muppets or ale assholes or what you'd call that sort in Middle Earth).

The bit with the tree over the precipice in the fight scene defying the laws of physics was also a bit silly.

Looking forward to more of the dragon, he looks proper bad ass.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

15-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I found the "Unexpected Journey" film quite dull in comparison with "Desolation of Smaug", which despite the highly ludicrous name was a more entertaining film by far. Also - lots of shiny coins to gaze upon!

Yes
10-02-2014, 09:28 AM
I just watched "An American Crime".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNW8U-hYuLA

It's based on a true story and just wow. how?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]