Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
04-08-2014, 04:31 AM
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
The only movie I've seen of Russell Crowe was Noah. It was good, I enjoyed it. But glad I didn't pay full price for it. I saw Lucy today. It was kinda awful. The graphics were great, the plot was disastrous.

Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 09:17 PM
There's a massive poster for the film "Lucy" that I pass on the bus. It is impossible to tell what the film can be about from that poster - it's just the name and some eyes staring.

I just watched a taped film called "Attack the Block" that was on telly a while ago. A bunch of aliens invade a council estate block and then some teenagers and a nurse (who the teenagers mugged earlier) fight them. It's made me a bit sleepy.
24-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Just got home from seeing "Guardians of the Galaxy". It was so funny! I laughed so much. I heart Groot Smile
30-08-2014, 06:21 AM
I saw it last week too, love it, so funny, although the antagonist was a little one-dimensional and was just poor in general.
In other news, I AM GROOOOOOOT!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

31-08-2014, 08:59 AM
We are Groot!

When it started I thought I had made a big mistake and that the whole film was going to be puke-tastically sentimental and moralising, in the way that superhero-type movies can be. Then I started laughing and laughing. Good times!
27-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I am watching Sleepy Hollow Yes
28-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Ah I love Guardians of the Galaxy!
I love Groot. He's my favorite, and I've been in love with him every since I watched the movie.
I also got touched when Rocket Raccoon talked about his surgery and such Sad

04-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Watched "The Grand Budapest Hotel" tonight. I liked it. Just like someone telling you a slightly weird story. Not everyone's cuppa though it would seem.....
16-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Going to the cinema tonight to watch Benedict Cumberbunch play at being Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game".

[Image: 6429566_l.jpg]

Having watched a trailer I expect to spend quite a lot of time cringing at the OTT accent of Keira Knightley and co. It should possibly have been called "Cracking Codes, What Ho!". Oh well, I've always been fascinated by enigma machines and how those clever chaps and lasses got on at Bletchley Park, so I'll put up with quite a lot of plummy accents for it.

At least the cinema is nice and warm and I don't have to do anything other than sit quietly in the dark with my hip flask and be entertained.

I went last week as well (due to watching films being, imo, the perfect Sunday activity) to see the film about Mr Turner.

[Image: 960x410_8ab423999bb1629da82d5aab27d38fdb.jpg]

Timothy Spall was very funny in it, with his grunting. Yes Unfortunately, walked home behind a large group of people who were talking loudly about how they didn't understand the film, which was a shame. I don't think they realised who Turner was and still hadn't grasped it by the end. Oh well.
18-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I have to admit I cringed reading they'd put Benedict Cumberbunch in the Alan Turing role - he looks nothing like him. This sounds a real London luvvies movie what with Knightly involved too (granted her permanent 1930s accent almost makes her typecast).

[Image: MV5BOTE3NzkyMjAyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDc5...SY720_.jpg]

Saw "The Book Thief" over the weekend, & it's fair to say it's not as good as it has been painted to be. Seems anything that involves the Holocaust even fleetingly instantly gets 5 stars regardless of merit, although the bombing scene is pretty devestating (excuse the pun). It has charm, but little in the way of staying power.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]