Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
19-11-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
Well, it was OK. The lad that they got to play young Turing, while he was still at school, being bullied, was very good. BC was OK. Knightley was present and got to wear some quite nice hats. I suppose it's a way of getting people who don't know the details of the story interested - shove in some "stars" and people will go to see it regardless of the topic. Apparently some find BC quite attractive. Can't say I agree! Heck of a name though, isn't it. Smile

I think I have "The Book Thief" in book form but I haven't read it. My mum bought it and then handed it over to me but I never got round to starting it.
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Ugh, I've been really wanting to see Interstellar, but my friend is always going up to his dad's business on weekends which is so annoying, like dude, can't you just take one weekend off from going there.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-11-2014, 10:28 PM
I have just watched The Simpsons Movie. Yes I realise it's quite old now but I hadn't seen it so I recorded it when it came on Film4. It was OK. I laughed a few times, although not at Spiderpig. He was just annoying and indirectly responsible for the demise of Springfield. Why does Marge go back to Homer after Alaska? After you've offloaded that kind of baggage you don't pick it up again. She's always sticking things in her crazy tall blue hair. Her beehive is like Mary Poppins' tardis handbag, full of parasols and videotapes.

I seem to have drunk about half a bottle of port. Hope I don't get gout! Despite having all this port I still don't feel festive. It's clearly not going to happen this year. Wow my face is nice and rosy! Better get off the internet. Night xxx
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Am watching "The Ladykillers". Ah, love it! Smile
07-12-2014, 11:32 PM
(06-12-2014 09:48 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Am watching "The Ladykillers". Ah, love it! Smile

The old Alex Guinness flick?

My brother was on the phone last night, saying as his wife was out for a girly night, he was going to get drunk & watch Donnie Darko. Strangely enough, I didn't do the booze part, but since Donnie Darko came on the TV anyway I ended up watching it as well.

There was also some dreadful film that came on afterwards that was meant to be a thriller, but was so thrilling I fell asleep.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Yes, the 1955 one. It makes me laugh so much. Biggrin

Can't think of anything more horrific than a "girly night". Utter horror. I shudder at the very thought.

I watched Donnie Darko a long time ago. I think I liked it, although, a bit like your brother, I think I'd had quite a few drinks so it was even more surreal than it should have been.

Apparently later this week I am going to watch the Paddington Bear movie! Omg
10-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Got to watch Interstellar recently with my dad and loved it. Dunno where the complaints about sound come from, it was perfectly fine for me, although I guess the cinema might have gotten used to turning volume up and down-if that was a problem. I don't really like (or watch) too many scifi flicks, but this was quite good, I guess some people might call it it a modern day 2001: A Space Odeyssy, but I never got to see that (and sounds a little too old for my tastes), so I can't really make any comparisons.

12-12-2014, 02:49 PM
I really like scifi. Also big dumb action movies. Give me a car chase and I'm happy. At the moment I am planning to go to see the latest Hobbit film (haven't there been about 30 already) and have been persuaded to see Paddington Bear, although I have my reservations about how funny that will be. There's also another one of those Hunger Games ones (there have surely been 30 of those too). I'm so knackered at the moment that sitting in a darkened room and watching a film seems highly desirable.
15-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Anyone here a fan of The Hunger Games series? I want to go see Mockingjay so bad!! I was supposed to go with a friend a few weeks ago when it came out but I had some car trouble and couldn't go. Sad

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
15-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Not completely, only recently did I see the first hunger Games on TV and haven't gotten to see Catching Fire yet.