• 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
13-01-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
Any good animated movies then? I'm a fan of animated movies too! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 12:43 PM
"Reign Of Fire" was available to watch over the weekend for nowt, so I thought may as well see what it's like as some raved about it.

I want those hours of my life back! PissedOff

A post-apocalyptic modern world a decade after the dragons totalled it with people scrabbling to
survive. But suddenly along comes this bunch of Americans with a Chieftain tank and a
helicopter that apparantly never, ever, needs refuelling.

"That's it, I'm out!" time.

Animated cartoon films? I remember when The Emperor's New Groove came out and the poster campaign for it introduced the world to that great Scottish word "Minging" Yahoo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Last night I watched 'The Hunger Games', which was sufficiently distracting for a Sunday evening on the sofa. I hadn't read the books and now I don't suppose I ever will, as in general I don't like reading the book after the film (the other way round is usually OK).

Then the night before I watched 'Brave', which was OK (and meets the cartoon requirement). Smile
14-01-2013, 02:40 PM
(14-01-2013 12:43 PM)Minty Wrote:  "Reign Of Fire" was available to watch over the weekend for nowt, so I thought may as well see what it's like as some raved about it.

I want those hours of my life back! PissedOff

A post-apocalyptic modern world a decade after the dragons totalled it with people scrabbling to
survive. But suddenly along comes this bunch of Americans with a Chieftain tank and a
helicopter that apparantly never, ever, needs refuelling.

"That's it, I'm out!" time.

Animated cartoon films? I remember when The Emperor's New Groove came out and the poster campaign for it introduced the world to that great Scottish word "Minging" Yahoo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan
Reign Of Fire doesn't look very good. It had negative reviews. =/

The Emperor's New Groove is a great animated movie. I remember my brother buying me the DVD when it came out. Ahh, good memories!

(14-01-2013 01:27 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Last night I watched 'The Hunger Games', which was sufficiently distracting for a Sunday evening on the sofa. I hadn't read the books and now I don't suppose I ever will, as in general I don't like reading the book after the film (the other way round is usually OK).

Then the night before I watched 'Brave', which was OK (and meets the cartoon requirement). Smile
Actually, majority of people thinks The Hunger Games (movie) sucked. It's not as detailed as it is in the book and some of the storylines were changed. Tongue

I have yet to watch 'Brave' in full, only parts of it. =/

OH OH OH Have you watched Gnomeo & Juliet and The Lorax?
14-01-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 03:11 PM by Caspin.)
Yeah you are probably right, 'Hunger Games' wasn't the best film, but I was glad in a way - I can't cope with anything too challenging on a Sunday night. I need to let my mind take a break before work on Monday morning. And the film messing up the book is exactly why I don't like watching the film version of something first, also my imagining of the characters gets messed up because then all you can picture is the actor you've seen. Smile

I haven't encountered Gnomeo or The Lorax so far. I shall look out for them.

I really like 'Toy Story' and 'Finding Nemo'. God I sound like a little kid! Over Christmas I watched 'Up', that was a bit sad at the beginning, and the film where a boy learns to ride a dragon, I liked that one a lot. The black dragon reminded me of a cat.
14-01-2013, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 05:32 PM by [K]evin.)
Yes, exactly! Katniss Everdeen in the book doesn't seem to look like the Katniss Everdeen in the movie. They're described in a very different way. I'll still give the book a try though, I literally can't wait for Catching Fire.

They're from last year I think, but they're just as awesome xP

I actually didn't really like Toy Story.. Yes, it's lovely and funny but I'm not a fan.
Finding Nemo is really good but they lost it in Finding Nemo 2. People couldn't stop making jokes about how they should give Nemo a GPS so he won't get lost anymore.

Up! is hands down one of the saddest animated movies I've ever seen. It's just so awesome.
And oh I have yet to watch that movie. I think it's called How To Train Your Dragon. I'll get that tonight together with The Water Horse. It's from 2010 but I want to watch it xP looks cute tbh.

Lol I sound like a girl.
15-01-2013, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 11:51 AM by bobert26.)
I watched How To Train Your Dragon last night for the first time and I loved it! Such a good movie, just miles above the usual stuff Dreamworks puts out (except for Shrek, which I'd say it is a solid rival to for that studio's best animated movie). Gorgeous to look at, lots of heart, no annoying cheesy humour. I might just buy it on Blu-ray if I get the chance.

Not a movie, and I know I've mentioned it before, but if any of you havent watched Game of Thrones yet, you had better get around to it. It does have some pretty graphic violence/nudity, however, so if that's not your thing then maybe it's not for you. It's so good though!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
15-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Aw yes, 'How To Train Your Dragon', that's the one. There was a little Christmas follow-up episode on TV over here a little while after they showed the film. I hope they do more of those.

As it happens I watched 'Game of Thrones' a week or two ago (recently I've been watching a lot of TV and films it would seem, that's not like me!) because my friend got it as a box set. She's been reading the books and fancied watching the series. It certainly contained plenty of incest, that's for sure. Some of the characters seem quite interesting. That's another book I'll never read now!
15-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I love Game of Thrones! The first series was brilliant and I've got the second recorded on my Sky+ box, but it's a bit rude & violent so can't watch it in front of the kids!

I saw The Hobbit before Christmas, it's basically LoTR again (which is a good thing) and the 3D was amazing!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
15-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I actually really liked the Hunger Games film! I feel like it did a better job than most film adaptations.

I recently watched Lincoln. Really welll done! Smile