RE: Official Simcity Thread
Well, that's just fantastic, isn't it?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 08:58 PM
On the bright side it appears to have cost EA's boss his job! Yahoo

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/18/ea-ceo-...-chairman/

EA’s CEO John Riccitiello has just submitted his letter of resignation to the company’s board. He’s stepping down on March 30 and Larry Probst is stepping in as Executive Chairman. Probst will lead the hunt for a permanent CEO. The company announced the changes shortly after markets closed in New York and EA’s shares are up 2.1 percent in after-hours trading.

He said in a personal statement from the company that he’s resigning over EA’s poor financial performance this quarter. The company suffered a big black eye over the last few weeks with the botched launch of Sim City, which left paying fans frustrated over the performance of the game.

“My decision to leave EA is really all about my accountability for the shortcomings in our financial results this year,” he said. “It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago. And for that, I am 100 percent accountable.”

[Image: cat-its-beautiful-757604.jpg]

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
19-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Hopefully he will be replaced by someone who doesn't agree with this "micro-transactions" BS.

25-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Personally I think it's overdue we all got ourselves a torch, a pitchfork & marched on EA.

On a happier note, I'm hearing sweet rumours that Bright Future will not be getting their contracts renewed for the FIFA Manager series they've screwed up for years as someone at HQ took a long overdue look at its ever decreasing sales performance & realised at long last they'd been getting sold the same pup for the last five years. Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!

Are you finding it any easier to get onto the servers now Ollie?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-03-2013, 05:42 AM
I have found it much easier to get on to servers, but I haven't played since a couple of days ago.

26-03-2013, 10:15 AM
(25-03-2013 10:29 PM)Minty Wrote:  Personally I think it's overdue we all got ourselves a torch, a pitchfork & marched on EA.

I'd not be safe with a pitchfork, I'd end up putting it through my foot or something, so can I borrow your snow shovel and take that instead? Also may I be in charge of the picnic hamper.

Have you lost interest in SimCity now, Ollie, or are you just a busy bee?

Smile
26-03-2013, 11:52 AM
A bit of both. Simcity gets a little repetitive over time

26-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Mmm. Well at least now if you did feel like playing, the servers might be more cooperative.
25-04-2013, 06:34 AM
I've played only the newest Simcity, but I'm impressed. It's really good. And everyone say it's the worst part of series.
25-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Glad you're enjoying it, Joanna. Maybe it's best for people who didn't play the earlier games! I've had a few people who never played previous iterations say that they like it. Big Grin