Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Why You Play Sims??
17-11-2012, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 09:10 PM by Ollie.)
Lightbulb Why You Play Sims??
Hi Simmers.

I'm doing a research on our favourite game the Sims.
Can you share the reason(s) why you play Sims?

Thanks a lot!! Yes

It's Ollie here (for whatever reason I am getting an error saying that I haven't wrote a message when I have). Anyway, I would like to ask you a question simresearcher, haven't you asked us the same question a billion times? I'm not trying to be mean, but we have had these a handful of times before.
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 03:46 PM by Minty.)
RE: Why You Play Sims??
I've checked out this punter Ollie & they're from Hong Kong. It isn't the same as that Chinese school lot from earlier in the year, but the trace is slap bang on the King's College Old Boys Association Primary School.

So a question for the questioner - is this as part for some sort of classroom project?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[The e-mail account used to set up this particular account does appear elsewhere in a Chinese Harry Potter community, so it does suggest this is a genuine domestic users account rather than a "use then dispose" one some teacher set up]

[Image: 135762.jpg]
18-11-2012, 02:35 PM
(17-11-2012 02:54 PM)SimsResearcher Wrote:  Hi Simmers.

I'm doing a research on our favourite game the Sims.
Can you share the reason(s) why you play Sims?

Thanks a lot!! Yes

It's Ollie here (for whatever reason I am getting an error saying that I haven't wrote a message when I have). Anyway, I would like to ask you a question simresearcher, haven't you asked us the same question a billion times? I'm not trying to be mean, but we have had these a handful of times before.
Hi Ollie and Minty,

I didn't mean to offend you guys and I'm sorry about that.

But I know nothing about what you are talking. So it's quite shocked to see you have searched me.
I haven't asked this question here before, I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to Sims.
I like playing Sims very much, that's why I chose Sims to be the topic for my research.
And I have searched similar topics in the forum, but I can't find anything, so I decided to post a new thread.
I didn't know this question is not allowed to be appeared here due to some guys in the history.
It's ok if you don't welcome me, I'll just delete the post.
But again I didn't mean to do anything to offend you, just want to hear some sharing.
18-11-2012, 03:58 PM
No offence takne, but unfortunately we do have to be wary of posts coming from Asia because we get attacked from so many spambots from that continent automatically registering on here.

Just as the anti-spam methods improve, so do the spammers, and it's now next to impossible for anyone from mainland China, India, Pakistan or Russia to register here because we've been obliged to block off so many IPs. Even so, we still have to block spambots off that still slip through.

Again you say "for your research", which does suggest some sort of classroom project. All we're asking you to do is come clean - is this for some school project, or out of idle curiosity.

The reasons each one of us plays the Sims series are different. My own
reason is that it is a "sandbox" game so there's no set objectives, I
can do whatever I want, whenever I want. Some people hardly play with the game at all
other than to build houses and worlds. Some as a "game of life". Some with a view to achieving the objectives of a career or game adventure. That's what's so good about it.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
18-11-2012, 04:51 PM
oic... Thanks for the explanation and sorry to hear that!

I understand and I of course can come clear about that.

Yes, it's a school project for university, plus my curiosity haha. So hope you guys can help.

Thanks a lot for your answer, good reasons !
19-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Ooh interesting question.
I play Sims, because honestly. I love creating people. Just creating people. I like using Custom Content and creating anyone and attempting to create my favorite celebrities. Sculpting how they look, and I love how in the Sims 3 you can customize it to the core. Also I love the interactions among the sims. Sometimes I like to live through my sims, maybe they don't look anything like me, but there is a part of me in them regardless. I sometimes like to do what I can't do in real life whether it's do to logic or me being a wimp.
So that's why Smile

20-11-2012, 10:32 AM
(19-11-2012 04:26 AM)gothika Wrote:  Ooh interesting question.
I play Sims, because honestly. I love creating people. Just creating people. I like using Custom Content and creating anyone and attempting to create my favorite celebrities. Sculpting how they look, and I love how in the Sims 3 you can customize it to the core. Also I love the interactions among the sims. Sometimes I like to live through my sims, maybe they don't look anything like me, but there is a part of me in them regardless. I sometimes like to do what I can't do in real life whether it's do to logic or me being a wimp.
So that's why Smile
Hi!
Nice answer! Haha, because I do that too, I name all my sims after the celebrities I like.
Thanks for sharing. Yes
20-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I play the sims because of the freedom and the ability to make a perfect life or even a life that is far from perfect. I like just about everything in the sims including creating sims, building homes, building the sims lives, etc. One last thing that I like about it is that it's a different type of game and I find it odd that nobody has dared to try and 'copy' the sims.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

21-11-2012, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 08:00 PM by Caspin.)
I'm not entirely sure why I play. Like Minty I like the fact that there is no end-point or goal as such, I can just play a long rambling tale of my own devising. Sometimes I like building houses, but mostly I play legacy-ish games and make up my own goals as I go along. In RL I spend a lot of time daydreaming, I'm always off in my own little world, so I guess for me Sims games are just another escape from reality and another place for me to tell myself little stories.

Good. I sound like a total fruitcake. Fortunate that I'm in good company Biggrin
25-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks Ollie & Caspin for sharing Yes