Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
19-01-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
ooh fireworks! they do look really fun Smile

Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Yup, I love those sparklers!

House

So I finally got our sims to eat indoors! I worked out that they couldn't actually sit at the table in the kitchen because the jar of flowers that I'd placed on it was too big so they didn't have enough room for their plates. Flowers have been moved and now they can avoid the rain/hail/snow while they dine. Hoorah!

Also figured out what the point of the honey is. If you make a dessert (for example Caspin's tasty cobbler), you can add honey to it and then they get a positive moodlet because it tasted sweet. Here's Minty adding a squeeze of honey (Caspin couldn't wait and just started shovelling a slice). It's gratifying to know that there was some benefit to all those bee stings!

[Image: MV_01_IndoorEatingHoney.jpg]

The sun has finally come out in Monte Vista so I took the opportunity to take some pictures while the light good. The garden is really pretty in the sun. I like all the poppies they've used and that lots of the houses come with vegetable plots (I favour a practical garden).

[Image: MV_02_SunnyGarden.jpg]

It's also great that there are plenty of outdoor spaces to eat or read. I popped in a pizza oven on this main veranda, hopefully if it stays sunny we can invite [removed] and Ollie's households over for a party with pizza and fireworks. Smile

[Image: MV_03_SunnyVeranda.jpg]

This is Caspin's room, nice and simple in blue. There's me doing what I do best lol!

[Image: MV_04_CaspinRoom.jpg]

I gave Minty a blue room as well, with a nice computer desk. It looked like he was ready to play Sims there.

[Image: MV_05_MintyRoomA.jpg]

Didn't last long as he felt compelled to pretty himself up at the dresser!

[Image: MV_06_MintyRoomB.jpg]

There is also a balcony off Minty's room, where I've put a bunch of cacti (because I like them) and a telescope. No aliens have come for him yet, but surely it's only a matter of time. Yes

[Image: MV_07_Balcony.jpg]

I thought it might be nice to decorate the house with sim-made art, so Caspin has been made to paint pictures.

[Image: MV_08_LearnToPaintA.jpg]

As you can see from this fine example, she's having trouble producing anything worth framing. Biggrin

What is that?!

[Image: MV_09_LearnToPaintB.jpg]

Oh yes, this house also has no fewer than three living rooms! Here is Minty in the one with the TV, trying to get out of alien abduction duties.

[Image: MV_10_TVroom.jpg]

Spa!

Caspin and [removed] went on their girls' night out, which was fun and included dinner and a movie, followed by an evening trip to the spa. I like those stained glass windows!

[Image: MV_11_SpaTrip.jpg]

I think we are suitably pampered now. Yes

Sorry, Minty, no spa for you. Someone has to keep looking for those spaceships!

[Image: MV_12_NoAliensYet.jpg]

Ambrosia at last!

I am hugely relieved to say that I did manage to catch deathfish at last! I have three portions of ambrosia sitting in the fridge. I have no idea why it was so hard to catch the buggers in MV!

[Image: MV_13_AtLast.jpg]

Minty's drinking den

I sort of forgot that we never did get Minty's LTW but I'm on the case now. The new house is on the other side of MV to the nectary and the house doesn't have the requisite cellar, so I've put in a cellar and stocked it with everything we need to make our own nectar without having to travel.

I'll get these machines upgraded, Minty, you just stand about.

[Image: MV_15_CellarA.jpg]

Aw, now he's all happy with all his bottles!

[Image: MV_16_CellarB.jpg]

Crazy sims

I shall leave you with this delightful image of two adults playing in the sprinklers. No, I have no idea what Mr Green is up to, but he seems to be having fun!

[Image: MV_14_What.jpg]

Biggrin
21-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Why do deathfish look like binliners when you catch them?

The pizza's look like quiche in the game. I don't think I've ever tried one that deep, my tum would probably burst trying to eat a slice (but I'd still give it a go!) Tongue

That home looks so beautiful. I suck truly at interior decorating by contrast.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
22-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Aw thank you! Well it's your sim's home too, so it's good that you like it. I'd quite like to have all the SF sims in one big house but it's been so long since I coordinated a household of that size I'm not sure I could handle it.

A lot of the food looks like quiche doesn't it. Presumably circular food that is cut into wedges is easy to draw with their polygons or hexagons or whatever it is that they draw sim stuff with (what an impressive display of knowledge there, C).

I've decided I like fishing for deathfish. It suits me to be in the dark. Yes But thank goodness putting them into the fridge turns them from humungous beasts nearly as big as a sim into tiny little things the size of a peach once they reach the chopping board.
26-01-2013, 05:38 PM
What's this? More quiche-like cuisine. This one's a potato and mushroom torte, apparently. Spud 'n' mush.

[Image: 01_SpudAndMushTorte.jpg]

A Narrow Escape

I think we have narrowly escaped the alien experimentation table! No probing! Clapping

I saw these strange lights in the sky over the house and thought "this is it, the aliens have come for us".

[Image: 02_MysteriousLights.jpg]

Who will they take?! Presumably not Minty, as he was snoring away quite peacefully. No telescopes in use.

[Image: 03_MintyZZZ.jpg]

And not me, as I was also out for the count.

[Image: 04_CaspinZZZ.jpg]

I heard footsteps and zoomed about (somewhat wildly) until I found this green individual running through the bushes at the side of the house. Aliens have landed in Italy!

[Image: 05_Alien.jpg]

Waaaahhhhh! She had parked her space craft at the front of the house and teleported into it.

[Image: 06_SpaceshipA.jpg]

And then off into the sky she went. I have to say I think the spaceship looks quite good.

[Image: 07_SpaceshipB.jpg]

Oh well. Maybe next time!

Party at Ollie's House

Normal life goes on in Monte Vista. Ollie threw a party towards the end of summer so we all put on our fancy frocks and headed over there. He had inexplicably decided to serve salad. Caspin supervised closely.

[Image: 08_OlliePartyA.jpg]

She also behaved rather bizarrely by following Rosaria (Ollie's wife) around the house, mocking her! Sorry about that. My sim is bang out of order and I'll be having strong words. Like a lady in uniform, hey Ollie?

[Image: 08_OlliePartyB.jpg]

The majority of the ladies in MV seem to have the same hairstyle and they all wore sunglasses even after dark. Very chic don't ya know.

[Image: 08_OlliePartyC.jpg]

I don't think Minty was full after his wholesome salad dinner so he faced his nemesis afterwards to obtain an ice-cream bunny. Smile

[Image: 09_MintyNemesis.jpg]

Preparation for Autumn

Autumn is nearly upon us and we have been preparing by growing lots of pumpkins. We are going to carve lots of them and thoroughly decorate for Spooky Day.

Why is there no recipe for pumpkins? Or is there? I didn't see it in the bookstore but it seems absolute madness to be unable to eat the pumpkins. I must have missed something.

[Image: 10_Pumpkins.jpg]

Meanwhile my efforts at painting are still not improving very much. I can't tell what most of the pictures are supposed to be. Are these houses or haystacks? Or something in between.

[Image: 11_HaystackHouses.jpg]

I have been raising cash by writing books. Ollie, this is me putting the finishing touches to your biography!

[Image: 12_BiographyOfOllie.jpg]

Bad dog

We had a break-in down in the cellar, not a burglar but a stray dog. Caspin went down there to meet and greet. Would you like a snack, Pooch?

[Image: 13_DogA.jpg]

Um, no. He was very aggressive!

[Image: 14_DogB.jpg]

Then later he p1**ed me off by knocking the bins over. Dog growls at Caspin. Caspin growls at dog.

Nearly got the fancy fridge!

Minty came home with some great news - he has been promoted to level 9 at the restaurant. I think he is now executive chef. He couldn't wait to tell Caspin that he will be getting a taller chef's hat.

[Image: 15_MintyExecutiveChef.jpg]

Just one more promotion and then you can quit work, hoorah!

They decided to celebrate with eternal youth. Mmmm, shiny quiche...

[Image: 16_Ambrosia.jpg]

And a glass of nectar of course.

[Image: 17_ADrink.jpg]

Haveadrink
26-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Ha love the aliens.
I keep thinking they'd look like this;
[Image: ood2008a.jpg]

but that's probably cause I've been watching Doctor Who too much.
Even sim dogs would scare me!

27-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Ah the Ood!

Here comes a pic spam and a half. I took a lot of pictures today!

Lots of lanterns

The pumpkin patch came along very nicely so we carved loads of pumpkins into lanterns and decorated the house for a party. Aw, look at them sitting about, diligently carving!

[Image: 01_Pumpkins.jpg]

More, we need more!

[Image: 02_MorePumpkins.jpg]

Minty excelled at making evil faces.

[Image: 03_Evil.jpg]

While Caspin had silliness covered.

[Image: 04_Silly.jpg]

With their glowstick umbrellas and all those lanterns, the place was looking quite festive. Smile

[Image: 05_Glowing.jpg]

Fireworks Party

And so it was time to throw a house party. The guests were surely impressed by the decorated entrance.

[Image: 06_Guests.jpg]

However things quickly degenerated when Minty started having a nervous breakdown over by the stereo. I guess he doesn't like my music choice? Omg

Calm down, Minty, it will be all right! Or are you demonstrating some really odd new dance moves?

[Image: 07_StrangeBehaviour.jpg]

While Minty cowered in a corner, undergoing his crazy fit, the guests behaved pretty weirdly themselves, with [removed] going into a trance and Ollie's wife Rosaria taking excessive delight in Minty's distress.

[Image: 08_StillNotEntirelyNormal.jpg]

I decided to send Minty outside to make pizza and see if I could get the party back on track. Very good - but don't throw it onto the roof!

[Image: 09_PizzaMoves.jpg]

Meanwhile things continued to go awry indoors, with Ollie and Rosaria having an argument while Caspin perched demurely between them on the sofa. Awkward!

[Image: 10_Awkward.jpg]

Fortunately there are few problems in life that pizza will not fix. Everyone sat down amicably and stuffed their little sim faces with cheesy goodness. Yes

[Image: 11_SavedByPizza.jpg]

Afterwards I lined up lots of rockets in the garden and commenced the after dinner entertainment.

"Ooooooh!" "Aaaahhhh!"

[Image: 12_Entertainment.jpg]

You feeling better now Mr Crazy? What happened to your glowstick umbrella?!

[Image: 13_BrollyFail.jpg]

"Yay, let's light the fuses of enormous rockets and then stand nearby!"

[Image: 14_Loud.jpg]

Wooooh! Aw, look at Ollie and [removed] dancing on the left hand side. Sweet!

[Image: 15_WooooH.jpg]

This fun will go on forever and ever, right?! Erm, no. "FIRE!"

Care to help at all, boys? Or shall I just put this out? OK then.

[Image: 16_Inferno.jpg]

Some random neighbours turned up to help with the screaming. Madam, unless you brought a bucket of water, get the hell out of my vegetable garden. [removed] decided to escape the blaze by leaping through a wall. Minty demonstrated a sad lack of faith in Caspin's extinguishing abilities and decided to call out the professionals to deal with the inferno. Hmph.

[Image: 17_MoreInferno.jpg]

I managed to get it put out. You will no doubt be wondering whether any compensation was forthcoming? Why, yes, a whole $3!

The fire engine finally turned up and delivered this gibbering loon, who appears to have been afflicted with whatever was bothering Minty earlier.

[Image: 18_LoonyFirefighter.jpg]

Totally useless!

Caspin's curry causes crisis

This made me laugh till I cried. I was so happy that they introduced a curry recipe. Today I had Caspin make some and although she seemed to enjoy it, there were some unexpected consequences.

What is wrong with you?

[Image: 19_OhDear.jpg]

Oh my gods!

[Image: 20_CaspinsCurry.jpg]

Pulling such an attractive face there!

For the purposes of scientific experimentation, Caspin fed Minty some curry. The effects were extreme! Minty the Dragon!

[Image: 21_MintysCurry.jpg]

One fire per game is sufficient, thank you.

Domestic normality

Now let us enjoy some normality (if we can).

Caspin used the telescope and, like, totally discovered that the stars are up there! Genius.

[Image: 22_StarsAreUpThere.jpg]

We had several rainstorms and our nice veranda was struck by lightening, rendering the table less than useful. Minty did a bit of sweeping. It's best to keep him busy with simple tasks until he recovers his mental strength after that party (and that curry).

[Image: 23_DestroyedByLightening.jpg]

My paintings continue to turn out rather silly. Here is an impressionist squirrel of sorts. Or is it a chipmunk? Anyway, I don't like it.

[Image: 24_Chipmunk.jpg]

And here we have some terrifically cheerful subject matter. I called this one "Jilted". It fetched a fair price. My advice to the lady in the picture - hopefully so will your engagement ring. Sell it and move on.

[Image: 25_Jilted.jpg]

Finally something in a colour scheme to complement the living room! I called this one "Sultry" and hung it up. It is a start.

[Image: 26_Sultry.jpg]

Minty had a very successful day. We finished making enough nectar to achieve his LTW and he reached the top level of his career in cooking, installed this lovely fancy fridge and promptly took early retirement. Clapping

[Image: 27_FancyFridge.jpg]

I think I may have discovered why he has been acting so weird. Are you absolutely sure you have correctly identified those? You can't just go throwing any old mushroom in an omelette you know.

Minty's Massive Mushrooms:

[Image: 28_MintyMushrooms.jpg]

More aliens, still no probing

One of our green friends dropped by but still nobody was abducted. He appeared to be conducting a survey of our plantpots.

[Image: 29_MrAlien.jpg]

News just in - aliens dislike rain.

[Image: 30_MrAlienNoLikeRain.jpg]

Hoorah, made it to the end! No more pictures left. I am now required in the kitchen to deal with some Yorkshire puddings.

Yes
27-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I love the paintings that the sims make, cause they seem very boring, haha.
DRAGON ;o

I've always wanted to carve lantern. and make cute designs.

& ooh you watch Doctor Who too?! AH Big Grin

29-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes! I love the dog on my top! Big Grin
I hope you're okay after Minty spread his curry infested breath all over your good top.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-01-2013, 01:04 PM
(29-01-2013 12:06 PM)Ollie Wrote:  Yes! I love the dog on my top! Big Grin

Oh good! I'm glad. There are some quite nice tops for guys.

(29-01-2013 12:06 PM)Ollie Wrote:  I hope you're okay after Minty spread his curry infested breath all over your good top.

Well at least I didn't catch fire! That curry recipe comes with some of the funniest animations I've seen in Sims for some time.