Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
Today has been rather mixed for my sim. It started quite well, but went very downhill towards the end, as you shall see.

First up, the aliens have been boldly parking their spacecraft all over town in broad daylight! I guess they don't care if we know they walk among us.

[Image: 01_AlienCarPark.jpg]

A Happy Event

"Minty Minty Minty Minty Minty!"
"Good grief, I've only just got in, woman, plus I'm soaking wet, why are you ranting at me in the hall?"
"Don't be cross but I've made an impulse purchase and it is very exciting!"
"Oh dear..."

[Image: 02_ShockingMintyPart1.jpg]

I got two cats! Here they are: Victoria and Hugo.

Bundle of squee-worthy catness:

[Image: 03_VictoriaHugoMerge.jpg]

BeatingHeart

Minty and Victoria:

[Image: 04_MintyAndVictoria.jpg]

Me and Hugo:

[Image: 05_MeAndHugo.jpg]

Aw, they are so loverly!

I put cat cushions in the hall and Hugo made himself at home.

[Image: 10_GoodKitty.jpg]

Victoria prefers the kitchen counter, presumably for ready access to whatever comes out of the fridge. Naughty kitty!

[Image: 11_NaughtyKitty.jpg]

We are nearly at the end of autumn now and the trees are all sorts of nice colours.

[Image: 06_Autumn.jpg]

The Law

Ummm, I know Spooky Day is upon us but why is there a ghost policeman outside the house (is it because I don't actually have a driving licence for my virtual Fiesta)?

[Image: 07_SpookyPlod.jpg]

Oh dear, the ghost policeman attacked Minty! Caspin did some ineffectual swatting from a safe distance.

[Image: 08_PlodAttack.jpg]

Indoors, Victoria and Hugo were freaking out and lined up at the door to hiss at the nasty ghost.

[Image: 09_YowlingAtGhost.jpg]

What a strange day.

Caspin's Bright Ideas Part Two

"Oh jeez what now?"
"I have hired a butler! She shall do all the laundry and you will not have to cook and she will enter the cat litter tray!"
"Oh. OK!"

[Image: 12_ShockingMintyPart2.jpg]

Butler's name is Simone. She looks like Helga from 'Allo Allo' but with less interesting hair. She is a little scary. She is also in the cellar...

[Image: 13_NastyButlerArrival.jpg]

Since they now have help in the house Caspin and Minty decided to indulge in some hobbies and also to get fit. Wave at that TV!

[Image: 14_FreeTime.jpg]

However Caspin had a feeling that something was wrong. When my nectar stores are being raided, I can sense it with my spidey senses.

[Image: 15_ButlerTakingTheP.jpg]

Aha! Caught red-handed (or, to highlight the sinister, black-gloved)! Where is the ghost police officer when you need him.

Caspin did not take kindly to the cellar being drunk dry. The butler tried to hide the evidence by shoving the glass... in her pocket?

[Image: 16_RedHanded.jpg]

There followed some ugly scenes. I think I broke her nose.

[Image: 17_GoodDayToYou.jpg]

Drunk butler has been fired now. Caspin sat up late worrying how to tell Minty that all his hard work making nectar for his LTW had gone down the neck of the rogue butler. Also how to tell him that he would now have to empty the cat litter himself. Sigh. I am forlorn.

[Image: 18_Sad.jpg]

Only one thing can be done in such circumstances. If in doubt, bake a cake!

[Image: 19_Cake.jpg]

Dunno
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Aw, kitties! That's us all getting bossed around now 24/7.

WTF was with the ghost police officer? Unless this was one called by the home's previous occupiers many many years ago & this is him getting round to answering their 999 call.

If that was Helga from Allo Allo, you should have made her stand in the corner for 10 minutes. That was what Herr Flick did whenever she mislaid his knockwurst with the painting of the Fallen Madonna with the big boobies.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 05:47 PM by Caspin.)
Just so long as that boozing Helga butler didn't find the airmen I have hidden in the cupboards, we should be all right!

Cat pic spam time!

All of our time is now spent feeding and grooming cats and being their cushions while they watch TV. It's so nice!

[Image: 01_Kitties_BrushingVictoria.jpg]

[Image: 02_Kitties_PlayingwithHugo.jpg]

Victoria is quite aloof and shows great disdain for my sim except when she wants to be brushed. It's hard work to get her to play. Hugo is much more cuddly and likes following our sims around the house to see what we are up to. He also likes sleeping on beds, which looks very cute.

Aw, so sweet! I like watching him sleep and seeing what he is dreaming about (I mean the cat, not Minty!).

[Image: 03_Kitties_Sleepy.jpg]

I decided we should become self-employed so that we can make some money so I have become a painter (because that was producing such fine works of art, oh yes) and Minty is a gardener. At the moment most of the plants are dormant, as we head into winter, so Minty is occupying himself in the writing of some gardening books.

[removed]'s on Fire!

We invited [removed] and Ollie round to try another one of the new recipes - Firecracker Shrimp. The clue is in the name. We let [removed] go first and, as expected, it went much the same way as the near-lethal curry.

[Image: 04_FirecrackerShrimpA.jpg]

[Image: 05_FirecrackerShrimpB.jpg]

Nobody else seemed in a hurry to try it (I think we were all full of cake), so we just had a cuppa. Much safer!

[Image: 06_UseTheHandleDumbo.jpg]

It irritates me that sims won't hold the mugs by the handles.

Later we watched some TV and Hugo made friends with Ollie's lap (he must like the uniform). Victoria stayed outside. She's really grumpy!

[Image: 07_HugoHeartsOllie.jpg]

Later Ollie told us a hilarious story and we all demonstrated the cheesiest of cheesy grins. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: 08_CheesyGrins.jpg]

I think I should probably stop spamming with pics now and just play for a bit. If anything very exciting happens, like I get abducted by the aliens or I buy more cats, I shall let you know.

Yes

Later...

GRRRRR!

I have learned that there is a pumpkin pie recipe (I knew it!) but naturally EA have made it be bugged so that your sim doesn't learn it unless they were below level 5 in cooking before you installed Seasons. Good work there. Apparently the sims might be able to learn it by watching the cooking channel so I shall do that. Caspin the sim sat there for ages in front of the telly but only learned about egg rolls.

I decided to add the Greenhouse venue to the town so that sims can keep gardening in winter, but I couldn't find it in the list of community lots in Edit Town. Then I realised there were lots of venues missing. After an hour of puzzling over the Launcher, which has some stuff marked as installed but it isn't in the game, then other stuff missing completely despite the fact that I can see the file, or duplicated, then more stuff that I've uninstalled and deleted still appears, some items are replaced by pictures of boxes - in fact it is just a big shambles! - I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled everything and the venues are still missing in the game. It's frustrating. I shall have to read up about it and work out what to do, but I can't be bothered today. I'm bored of fighting with the Launcher and I need to make a risotto.

Dunno
04-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Cute cats!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-02-2013, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 10:00 PM by Caspin.)
Cute cats indeed! Yes

What is this, you may ask, simming on a week night? Certainly not, I have been tirelessly working to fix my Launcher for the last hour but I still cannot make it work. I thought I could sort it out tonight while I have some free time. Bloody thing. Then I found some pictures in my Google drive and thought I might as well post them. At least I can do that!

Aliens!

Well, sort of. They are the wrong type.

[Image: WrongSortOfAliens.jpg]

I can't believe I am now actually keen to have my sim be abducted by aliens. I just want to see it happen! My sim does not really want to get probed, but in the interest of sim science (and following several glasses of strong nectar), she is willing to go with you, aliens - come and bloomin' get her!

These trick-or-treaters were given treats but still egged our front door. It is an outrage!

[Image: Tricks.jpg]

More fire

I've had enough of fires in this game. We held another party - a "feast party" in fact - and lots of guests turned up in their smart togs. It's quite a good type of party because all the guests bring a plate of food, so I went round shoving them all into the fancy fridge (to clarify, I shoved all the food in the fridge, not the guests - I'm sure I used to be able to construct better sentences than this). We won't have to cook ever again at this rate. I did not recognise all of the guests (maybe we had crashers). This guy decided to show off his chef skills and managed to set himself alight using the Japanese grill. Caspin made no effort to extinguish him, seeing as he had been bothering her all evening.

[Image: FlamingGuest.jpg]

Hahaha you are so burned! Tongue

Later, while scorched and looking totally bonkers, he still wanted her to dance with him? Er, no, ta.

[Image: NoTa.jpg]

Festival time

"Not this again!"
"Let's go to the autumn festival - it will be great fun!"
"OK but only if you promise to remain totally still and silent."
"I will I will!"

And so I did. Wow, doesn't that look like a barrel of laughs? They could not have had a less exciting time. Minty won the apple bobbing contest and then we went into the haunted house and he got scared and had a little accident. I decided that I would not document that event in order to save Minty's dignity.

[Image: AutumnFestival.jpg]

Yup, the autumn festival was duller than dishwater. But I was very quiet (honest!) and Minty got his face painted like a tiger to make him feel better!

Winter will be next, that should be pretty with Monte Vista covered in snow.

Smile
08-02-2013, 04:35 PM
oooh Halloween! Big Grin
Nice costumes they have there xD
if you have Supernatural and Seasons, it'd be funny on Halloween for the magical ones to transform and people think it's a costume c:

08-02-2013, 11:58 PM
That poor chef.
I wounder what would happen to an actual alien that goes trick or treating?

09-02-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 06:10 PM by Caspin.)
(08-02-2013 04:35 PM)gothika Wrote:  oooh Halloween! Big Grin
Nice costumes they have there xD
if you have Supernatural and Seasons, it'd be funny on Halloween for the magical ones to transform and people think it's a costume c:

Ha, yes, that would be good! I haven't really done anything with Supernatural so far. I'm going to make us all into SN creatures at some point, as well as check out Moonlit Falls, but at the moment I'm still having too much fun just playing a normal game. After months of headaches, now I've got it running great in Windows i can't stop playing! Some of the SN clothes are pretty mad (except for Caspin's new jumper - the one she's wearing to give out treats to the little aliens - that's quite nice). If you have any preferences over what kind of SN creature to be, let me know.

(08-02-2013 11:58 PM)Ollie Wrote:  That poor chef.
I wounder what would happen to an actual alien that goes trick or treating?

Yes, poor chef. Ah well, that's what happens when you upset Caspin - you catch fire - let that be a warning to all other sims!

I haven't seen any real aliens trick or treating.... maybe I can befriend one and make it playable and then see if it is possible. Real aliens could wear alien costumes, that'd be odd. Hmmm. I shall ponder that one.

Venues Rescued

In other news I have managed, thanks to Crinrict's Help Blog, to get back my venues. The Launcher still thinks that I have no objects at all installed, but everything seems to be present and correct in-game, so I'm not going to worry about that any more.

Yay! Yahoo

Cat Pic Spam

The cats are too adorable! BeatingHeart We were watching cooking shows, trying to catch the elusive pumpkin recipe, when they came in and sat on us. So sweeeeet!

[Image: 01_CatSpam.jpg]

[removed] came to visit Caspin but they had to spend all their time in the downstairs bathroom, washing kitties to get rid of fleas. Urgh! Minty also got fleas but he is self-washing so that was OK.

[Image: 08_CatSpam2PlusSommie.jpg]

Oh well, they are super clean now! I object to the fact that they get dried with a hairdryer while still in the tub. Electricity and water are not a good mix.

Welcome to Winter!

On the first day of winter we got hit by a might snowfall! I immediately went picture-taking crazy. Look at the how pretty the poppies look in the snow!

[Image: 02_SnowyPoppies.jpg]

Monte Vista in general looks great in winter - especially with that lovely peach-coloured light in the sky.

[Image: 03_SnowyMV.jpg]

Despite the fact that we normally behave in such a rational and adult manner, we got a bit silly when the snow came. Aw, little angels!

[Image: 04_SnowAngels.jpg]

Here is a snowman (the first of many - brace yourself).

[Image: 05_FirstSnowman.jpg]

All of the snowmen built so far are 'classical' snowmen. I cannot seem to produce anything different. Oh well, keep trying.

More snowmen!

[Image: 06_MoreSnowman.jpg]

And yet more! Still classical though.

[Image: 07_YetMoreSnowman.jpg]

It looks as though my sim's snowman is sleeping there - but it is a cat buried under the snow! There's two beds, two cat beds and six sofas in that house - so the cat sleeps in the snow. Bonkers.

Illuminations

I decided to light up all the houses on the street for the holidays. We have gone for Sims Forum green lights (and yes, we are making more snowmen over on the right).

[Image: 09_HolidayLightsCaspinAndMintyHouse.jpg]

This is [removed]'s house, with blue lights (very classy, [removed]).

[Image: 12_HolidayLightsSomayeaHouse.jpg]

Here is Ollie running home through the blizzard after coming over for cake and cat admiration.

[Image: 10_OllieRunningHomeInBlizzard.jpg]

And here is Ollie's house. I went for red lights at first but then changed to multi-coloured ones.

[Image: 11_HolidayLightsOllieHouse.jpg]

A trip to the greenhouse

We got the stir crazy moodlet from spending too long indoors, giving baths to cats and making snowmen, so I decided we'd go to visit the greenhouse (might as well, now that I've got the damned thing to install!).

Ollie and his wife happened to turn up too. Ollie your wife is nuts and her outfits are just plain weird. I may have to edit her or find you someone new!

[Image: 14_GreenhouseWeirdos.jpg]

"Minty Minty Minty Minty Minty"
"Oh shush Caspin!"
"But look at all these free vegetables!"

I think Minty got a bit sick of being pestered by an excitable sim because he started banging his head on the greenhouse door.

[Image: 13_GreenhouseHitsMinty.jpg]

Ouch! We got lots of free veg and Minty sold them so that he can move up in the self-employed gardener career.

Fantastico!

This was a great moment! I laughed so much!

The sunflowers started singing and Minty and Caspin spontaneously started dancing. I have never seen such hilarious moves, in sims or in life, and so beautifully coordinated. Biggrin

[Image: 15_SunflowerDanceParty.jpg]

I love this game sometimes. OK, way past lunchtime, got to go and heat up the sausage rolls.

More added later on (sorry, yes, I took even more pics, I'm insatiable I know). Yes

Ollie's double bass

Ollie you really do love that big instrument lol! On the way home from work you were kind enough to stop by the house and give an impromptu concert in the hallway. The cats really enjoyed it, which was nice because Victoria has caught a cold and needed cheering up.

[Image: 2_OllieConcert.jpg]

While you were there I took the opportunity to paint your portrait!

[Image: 1a_PortraitOllie.jpg]

It's certainly a lot less weird than most of the other pictures I've painted recently. My sim seems to have a penchant for this sort of thing:

[Image: 1_ArtGoesOn.jpg]

First Contact!

At last the alien spaceship turned up while I was still awake!

[Image: 3_AlienReturn.jpg]

Rushed outside to incept the alien before she could take one of the kitties for experimentation.

"Hello I am Caspin, welcome to Italy! If you are planning to probe me please can I get drunk first?"
"No, virtual earthling, instead you shall be cooked, for my alien race is very hungry."

[Image: 4_AlienHungry.jpg]

"Er, cooked, what?"
"Yes, and then you shall be dead and the leftovers will be probed!" *evil alien cackling*

[Image: 5_AlienReaper.jpg]

"Oh I don't think so, for I have two vicious clawed creatures, one of which is harbouring a common cold virus that could be lethal to your colony, a crazy virtual green man armed with a spade, and a veritable army of snowmen of classical design to hold you back!'
"Goodbye earthling."
"Ta ra!"

Fusion

To celebrate my escape from being made into pan-fried alien food, we went out to a Japanese-style fusion lounge made by my friend Yoteamo. It looks very nice in the snow. Smile

[Image: 6_NightOutAtAkaiAkuma.jpg]

I became mesmerised by the digital fish. Look at them... swimming around... the little robot fishies... back and forth, round and round... there goes the pink one again...

[Image: 7_FishHypnosis.jpg]

*sigh*
"But Minty, look at that bartender in her crazy hat!"
"Yes I see her, sit down and pipe down!"
"I can't talk if I'm drinking!"
"Good point, give her a drink!"
"Ooooooh look - he's setting my drink on fire!"
"Bartender, give me a drink too, and quickly."

[Image: 9_Moredrinks.jpg]

I do not look impressed at this guy's antics. Just showing off isn't he! Biggrin

[Image: 8_Drinks.jpg]

I promise that is all for today. Thank you for your patience.

Tongue
10-02-2013, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 08:36 PM by Caspin.)
Pretty Snow Pictures

I read that to increase the chances of alien abduction, you should store some space rocks by your house. OK then, but it is difficult to find the rocks in the middle of a blizzard. Caspin thinks she can just perhaps sweep away the snow!

[Image: 01_Blizzard.jpg]

Look at the lovely reflection on the river. BeatingHeart

[Image: 02_SuperfluousScenery.jpg]

I got a gnome! What kinds of gnome is this? He has a snowflake motif on his hat so I'm wondering if he appeared because we built so many snowmen (because we really did build a great many snowmen)?

[Image: SnowyGnome.jpg]

The Crispy Pancakes

Today my play session is rather short as I am going to the pub for lunch (don't all look so pleased at the lack of pic spam!).

I was quite inspired by Ollie and his big instrument (sounds so wrong, but they're his words not mine!) and have decided that the SF sims shall form a band! Minty decided to audition immediately with his new guitar. I'm sure it sounds great but as you can see I'm still asleep and nothing can wake me!

[Image: 03_SeranadeOfSorts.jpg]

Victoria felt that Minty may benefit from more practise and let it be known by hissing at him and cowering in a corner. Well we'll only get better, won't we, silly kitty!

[Image: 04_VictoriaProtests.jpg]

OK I am awake now.

"Minty Minty Minty, can I play the drums!?"
"Certainly, perhaps it will drown out your incessant chatter."
"Yay!"

[Image: 05_TheCrispyPancakes.jpg]

And so "The Crispy Pancakes" were formed! I called Ollie up and he agreed to be in the band. Next time I play I shall call [removed] and see if she'd like to be on the keyboard. Fame and fortune and adoring cat fans are surely just around the corner!

[Image: 06_MusicRoomPetParlour.jpg]

That is, if the music room can actually be used for rehearsals instead of functioning largely as a pet parlour!

Rolleyes

Obligatory cat pic spam to finish:

[Image: CatSpin.jpg]

Such grace, such poise!
10-02-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 10:00 PM by Ollie.)
(09-02-2013 10:58 AM)Caspin Wrote:  [Image: 01_CatSpam.jpg]
Is it just me or does it look like Minty is about to eat that delicious kitty?