Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
disc doesn't do ANYTHING
10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Question disc doesn't do ANYTHING
hi I have a technical problem, but for some reason I can't create a thread in the technical difficulties forum?
Anyway, I bought an expansion pack (seasons) and an stuff pack (master suite) and they both won't work. When I put in the disc, nothing happens. Literally nothing. The disc doesn't even start whirring inside my computer. When I put in another Sims disc I had already installed (pets), it worked just fine.
This is so annoying, I can't even install these packs... Please help?
10-02-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: disc doesn't do ANYTHING
You have to make several posts (i.e. participate to some degree in this site) before being allowed to post in the Technical bit and there are warnings on the forum headings to prevent it from being such a mystery. I expect Minty will probably boot you when he gets here, possibly by showing you a picture of an ostrich. Perhaps you should try the official EA Sims 3 forums, you can post in Technical there if you make an account.
10-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(10-02-2013 12:18 PM)Caspin Wrote:  You have to make several posts (i.e. participate to some degree in this site) before being allowed to post in the Technical bit and there are warnings on the forum headings to prevent it from being such a mystery. I expect Minty will probably boot you when he gets here, possibly by showing you a picture of an ostrich. Perhaps you should try the official EA Sims 3 forums, you can post in Technical there if you make an account.
ohhh i see it now... hahha i'm an idiot, it's right at the top xD
well, no need to boot me, i just want some help. i'll try it elsewhere if it's such a problem
11-02-2013, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 12:59 AM by Minty.)
Don't you just love those people who decide to circumvent the forum filters to stop first time posters posting in the tech sections? Fryingpan

If you put in the disc, and nothing happens with that disc but other discs work, guess what? It's a problem with the disc!

No big deal - if you have registered the discs you are entitled to free digital downloads from Origin, so uninstall & reinstall via there. But you shouldn't be using discs anyway. Get the No-CD mod from NRaas Industries & give your DVD drive a rest.

Oh, and

[Image: 138223.jpg]

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
11-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Is it an Emu or an Ostrich in the picture? I'm terrible telling the what's what of Birds.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Thread Closed