Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fury
13-10-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Fury
It does sound nice. It makes me think that there may be a lake nearby, possibly with a waterfall.

Was Jack ever married? If not, why not? He is such a dish.

Also, I was thinking that it might be fun if you had a big event at the stables as part of the story. Like a fundraising day where kids get to have a go at riding horses. Or a rodeo. Or a bake sale during which Jack will sell cupcakes while half-dressed. These are just examples.
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:Was Jack ever married? If not, why not? He is such a dish.

He WAS, but he's not anymore. In the first chapter, I had touched upon the fact that he was divorced and had a son (who should be 20 by now, he was 18 by the summer of 2012 when Fury started.) who lives with his mother, but he has a good relationship with.

Quote:Also, I was thinking that it might be fun if you had a big event at the stables as part of the story. Like a fundraising day where kids get to have a go at riding horses. Or a rodeo. Or a bake sale during which Jack will sell cupcakes while half-dressed. These are just examples.

I did have an idea for a future chapter about Jack being approached to do something that would gave the stables a measure of fame. And SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT, my idea has something to do with the Discovery Channel.
13-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Divorced? A son? Oh dear, I should go back and read from the beginning. Sorry about that!
13-10-2014, 09:29 PM
lol it's fine....You know, I half expected that people would be more into Mike, Kevin and Jason...
13-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Ah well, I'm sure they'd appeal to others. They are a bit young and shiny for my taste. Tongue

Ok enough about wise, handsome, rugged dishy Jack, here's another question for you. Who is your favourite character in the story and what is it that you like about him/her?
14-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Quote:Who is your favourite character in the story and what is it that you like about him/her?

For me, as much as I love Jason, Karilla, and Jack, Mike has had the most prevalent change of character of anyone. I love how he's really grown from being this jock douchebag who cheated on his girlfriend before Karilla, took performance enhancing drugs in his tenure as an MMA fighter, and bullied his younger brother to the point that it literally completely fractured his familial bonds to him to someone who truly loves and cares for other people, is forever faithful to his girlfriend, and wants to do everything in his power to right the wrongs he made throughout his life. Mike Schaefer as a character reminds me that people can definitely change from bad to good and is proof that everybody, so long as they haven't done anything REALLY REALLY bad is worthy of a second chance at life.....As horrible as it is to say, I really do think that being in jail for that one day in 2012 was the proverbial Fryingpan that he needed to straighten his life up.
14-10-2014, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 11:07 PM by Minty.)
Mike & Jack are the two who tend to steal the stories largely.

Which reminds me, are you ever going to develop a long story line around the girls (rather than a two shot), who seem more often than not to be the second fiddles. A horsey story with the girls mostly in the background - summit not right there, guv'r!

Ah yeah, & are you going to develop Crystal Falls & those living/working there any more? The dealings they seem to have with their local town appear pretty bare bones considering the amount of supplies (for example) a place like that is gonna go through.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Quote:Which reminds me, are you ever going to develop a long story line around the girls (rather than a two shot), who seem more often than not to be the second fiddles. A horsey story with the girls mostly in the background - summit not right there, guv'r!

I do realize that...When I first started writing this story, the whole idea was to kind of break away from the usual "horsey story" paradigm and have the main character be a guy who rides. However, I feel like every single character needs to be expressed in an equal way, but when it comes to writing a really major story line centered on Karilla, Jennifer, or Marissa....that's when I really discover my weakness. Writing about the opposite s3x. I feel like the Apache storyline where she went through the guilt of having a major riding accident which resulted in a horse's death was a step in the right direction....but do you have any other ideas you can give me? Thank you so much in advance!

Quote:Ah yeah, & are you going to develop Crystal Falls & those living/working there any more? The dealings they seem to have with their local town appear pretty bare bones considering the amount of supplies (for example) a place like that is gonna go through.

If you're talking about the characters in the actual town....I've pondered the idea, but you know how the Sims 3 always has a problem with lag? Even on my new PC, while the rest of the game runs better, I still have some major episodes of lag and rabbit holes not rendering all the way and all sorts of stuff...
15-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Gosh, he's very demanding, is our Mingy. Tongue

Ah, lag. Yes, that is partly what put me off playing that town. It was somewhat lagtastic at times. Presumably you have tried the usual tricks of using NRaas Overwatch to tidy up the game, as well as resetting sims from time to time (in case they are stuck under that bloody mountain)?

If it is too laggy to travel into the town too often, you could always feature minor characters by having them visit the ranch, I suppose.

I would be in favour of more storylines for the girls, but obviously not at the expense of Jack. What is it that you find difficult about writing from the perspective of the opposite s3x? I am happy to act as advisor! Biggrin

I think there should be more injuries. A few broken limbs from falls from horses, or some kicks to the head etc. Perhaps some kind of incident involving being impaled on a pitchfork. Or a fall from a stack of hay bales. Gruesome plots galore. You could even have a death in suspicious circumstances, although I can imagine you would be reluctant to kill off one of the main characters. How about a house fire? Or a barn fire? Jack running into the flames to save a trapped horse amid hay that is all aflame!

Or how about having something happen that starts to tempt Mike back to his old ways, then we can see whether he's really changed or whether he gives in to temptation. You are much more forgiving and optimistic than I am, Fraroc - I don't forgive very easily and tend not to give adults second chances as I'm not sure that people do really change, or if they do then it usually for their own benefit rather than a true change of heart. Or possibly that's just my experience of people! I would like to see Mike be tested more.

What am I meant to be doing? Oh yes, questions! I was wondering whether you were inspired by or influenced by any films/books/plays when you decided to write this story?
15-10-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 11:49 AM by Fraroc.)
Quote: Or how about having something happen that starts to tempt Mike back to his old ways, then we can see whether he's really changed or whether he gives in to temptation. You are much more forgiving and optimistic than I am, Fraroc - I don't forgive very easily and tend not to give adults second chances as I'm not sure that people do really change, or if they do then it usually for their own benefit rather than a true change of heart. Or possibly that's just my experience of people! I would like to see Mike be tested more.

I've thought about doing something really similar, except my idea was more like this. Mike has an encounter with his absolute best friend from the old days, who harasses Mike over having a "girly" hobby (horseback riding) and how he was "once badass, but now he's a domesticated goody two-shoes" and Mike has to sacrifice his former friendship and basically tell him "Screw you, this is my life now and I'm never going to go back."

Quote:What am I meant to be doing? Oh yes, questions! I was wondering whether you were inspired by or influenced by any films/books/plays when you decided to write this story?

I got a lot of inspiration from TV shows like The Saddle Club and Heartland....However, the "Fury epiphany" came to me one day in early to mid 2012 when I was surfing on Netflix and I was watching some western TV program. I don't know exactly what it was, but I suddenly had this great idea for a possible story. "How about a troubled and dangerous young man bonds with a troubled and dangerous horse?" and I had installed The Sims 3 Pets in 2011 so I decided "why not make this story idea into a Sims 3 web series?" At that point, I already knew that I was going seriously against the grain by writing a horsey story and having the main character be male. I really thought it was something different, I even hinted at it in the story, not a lot of guys ride anymore, the only time any of my male friends from High School got on a the back of a horse, it was usually because they were dating a girl who rode horses.