If and when they add Pets...
15-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Re: If and when they add Pets...
There should be snakes and lizards!

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I think that having a pet should be more of an influence in a sims life. In order for a Pet EP to be really amazing, pets should never just be sitting around the house, occasionally fed, but otherwise left to rot. In TS2, taking the dog for a walk was BORING and totally useless except for emptying the dogs bladder. In TS3, walking the dog/jogging with the dog should be considered a fitness activity. Also what if people walked their dogs together?

Here's some other changes:

-Dogs should not need to be washed every other day. That is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe once a week.

-Puddles of pee should only be visible if the dog/cat pees inside. If its outside the ground should absorb it.

-Kids/toddlers should have WAY more interactions with animals. That's one of the most adorable things about having an animal...the way it interact with a kid. The dog should be able to: lick the kids face, nudge while the kids walking, etc. The kid should be able to dress animals up in clothes, try to ride a dog, crawl under the dogs if they're scared or just being goofy.

-Way more "cute moments" need to be programmed into the game. Chasing tails and acting silly is a must. I want enough moments that they wouldn't get old really fast. Also silly dogs do silly things, but maybe a lazy dog has a favorite way to stretch out that just looks hilarious.

-Animals need to be more seamless. They should be able to sleep in bed with the sims, climb on the counters while sims are cooking, hop onto the table while they're eating, sit on sims laps (i don't know how that was left out to begin with), and pretty much be able to jump on weird things that you wouldn't expect. Like how'd that cat get on the mantel?

-There need to be more pet tragedies. With the seamless neighborhood, animals should be able to get lost, run away, be hit by a car etc.
21-10-2008, 12:19 AM
(27-03-2008 03:24 AM)Buggie link Wrote:This is for all horse lovers!!! I really and truly hope, wish and think that they should add some ranch type animals and barns and stuff like that. I truly want there to be horses and then you can do diff. events depending on what you like like barrel racing, dressage, jumping etc. And you can take care of them yada yada. Then cows, pigs and chickens would be cool too! I think it would be a nice touch or even a cool expansion. Sims3 Ranchlife!. . . I dunno, what do you think?

I am totally with you!!!  If they added ranches or even a local horse stable to board horses and maybe have horse shows (or even have both!!!)  I would be super happy!  I have wanted this in sims like since I first got them.  I am a horse lover too so I would totally go for this one!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
27-10-2008, 06:11 PM
(18-10-2008 03:44 PM)dejadeja BOO! link Wrote:I think that having a pet should be more of an influence in a sims life. In order for a Pet EP to be really amazing, pets should never just be sitting around the house, occasionally fed, but otherwise left to rot. In TS2, taking the dog for a walk was BORING and totally useless except for emptying the dogs bladder. In TS3, walking the dog/jogging with the dog should be considered a fitness activity. Also what if people walked their dogs together?

Here's some other changes:

-Dogs should not need to be washed every other day. That is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe once a week.

-Puddles of pee should only be visible if the dog/cat pees inside. If its outside the ground should absorb it.

-Kids/toddlers should have WAY more interactions with animals. That's one of the most adorable things about having an animal...the way it interact with a kid. The dog should be able to: lick the kids face, nudge while the kids walking, etc. The kid should be able to dress animals up in clothes, try to ride a dog, crawl under the dogs if they're scared or just being goofy.

-Way more "cute moments" need to be programmed into the game. Chasing tails and acting silly is a must. I want enough moments that they wouldn't get old really fast. Also silly dogs do silly things, but maybe a lazy dog has a favorite way to stretch out that just looks hilarious.

-Animals need to be more seamless. They should be able to sleep in bed with the sims, climb on the counters while sims are cooking, hop onto the table while they're eating, sit on sims laps (i don't know how that was left out to begin with), and pretty much be able to jump on weird things that you wouldn't expect. Like how'd that cat get on the mantel?

-There need to be more pet tragedies. With the seamless neighborhood, animals should be able to get lost, run away, be hit by a car etc.

i completely agree with u. also pets should not get pregnant on command. if my cat goes outside for a while while she's "in the mood" then there is a big chance that she'll have kittens. i don't have controle over that. so it just seems surreal to do so in the sims. also u should be albe to fetch with cats as well, both of my cats do it. they should also be able to like run in front of the owners feet, especialy right before they get fed.

Horses should not be included for me, there are plenty of ranch games and it just doesn't seem right for the sims. maybe more small pets like a mice and rats and then accidently one escapes or something. rabbits also seem acceptable and a canary(sp?) bird. just nothing over the top

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
02-11-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd enjoy some more ITEMS for my pets, honestly.

The few things we have now are just so ... boring!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
03-11-2008, 02:22 AM
yes, and I think puppies with hiccups (I know its random but my dog did it earlier) would be really cute.  When my dog was a puppy and he had hiccups it was adorable.  I picked him up and cuddled him as if it were a bad curse and I could make it stop...I would love to see this happen in the sims lol!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I want kittens and puppies have spots or stripes like their parents when they are born, not just a plain colour. {yawn}
And the fact that you can change the fur colour of a pet in front of the mirror was kind of annoying. unless you get some weird-looking hybrids between a Siamese and a Norwegian.  {blink}

I want baby kitties and puppies to be more realistic. they all act the same when playing and running. ???
I want to set personality traits to my pets too! I'd like a lazy dog that's sleeping all day and when someone wakes him up, he goes and pees on the carpet to take revenge, roll in the mud, then finds another place to sleep, mostly in the Sim's bed. {lol}