Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
23-10-2013, 10:07 PM
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
I noticed that the release date has now been pushed back to "The Fall of 2014". Who didn't see that one coming! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2013, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't say pushed back, maybe I have a memory defect, but I thought EA's only said 2014 from the start.
Anyway, I've gone back to the mindset of liking this game, there were a few things that I didn't like of a preview, but I completely forgot what the were. I'm getting used to the art style and hair, I love the new render with the newest hairstyle that we see on the woman on the left hand side.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

24-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Some shops here were advertising for people to pre-order ready for delivery in March 2014, so it sounds as though either it was pushed back or else the wrong information was sent to the shops. Either way, it's a good thing that they take a bit more time before releasing the product. Nobody wants a shoddy rushed job.
26-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Though I haven't paid any attention to Sims 4 information since I saw the terrible graphics, I seem to recall March 2014 as the time of release. I still have plenty to do with Sims 3 and will be in no hurry to run out and buy 4.
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I have no intention of buying The Sims 4. Honestly, it just looks like a revamped version of The Sims 2. There is absolutely nothing about it that is remotely interesting to me. It will probably be just as badly programmed as the current game will make users have to resort to third-party modders to even get the game to load.

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
12-12-2013, 07:25 PM
The recent scandal over FIFA Manager 14 Legacy Edition (which was FIFA Manager 13 with a different box picture!) shows that EA have no qualms about selling old code to users priced as if brand new. Why otherwise intelligent people are busy deluding themselves this will be anything other than a rip off is a mystery.

I'm glad EA blinked & pushed the release date back from spring to autumn, there's at least a chance that buyers will get something half decent, but I won't be at all surprised to hear over Christmas one or two of the Simgurus bailing to "pursue other interests" in the hope of being begged to come back with a fat rise to "fix" Sims 4 when the oncoming fail hits Maxis once again. Or at least don't have Sims 4 tainting their CVs when they're touting themselves around the studios trying to get new jobs.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

13-12-2013, 08:11 AM
On this topic, yesterday on Twitter I saw this.

[Image: Twitter_01.png]

When one person pointed out that this does not inspire confidence, given that TS3 bugs have not been fixed even after release, never mind before, we got this.

[Image: Twitter_02.png]

He is completely missing the point, of course. How many years went by before they fixed the digging bug in World Adventures.... how many years since Ambitions release..... etc. They could have all the time in the world and I still wouldn't trust them to make a largely functional TS4.
13-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Grant Rodiek deserves a good boot up the backside for that snidy "we're not shipping tomorrow" remark. Same old Sims team arrogance.

You only have to look at the tech section to find someone here only yesterday looking for help with an Ambitions bug that's gone unsolved since the release in 2010. No wonder when they employ coders that get mixed up with the difference between a shag and scrambled eggs.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

13-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Arrogant and dismissive. Not an attractive set of traits.