Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
10-05-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
Hello Matt!

I think it would be nicer to have everything consolidated at one site: that's the advantage of this being called 'Sims Forums' in that it covers all versions of the game. But let's see what the others think.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Caspin! I see your point and do agree, just thinking with Google rankings this site is more general but a Sims 4 specific site would be pretty great at getting all those searching for 'sims 4' onto the new site, then have a huge forums button which sends them here!

If you Google sims forums we're second behind the official forums, which is pretty good! But if you Google sims 4 we won't be anywhere near the top of the list, mainly because of the domain name (I'm not a SEO expert though!).

Plus it may be nice to have a side site with news, articles (Sims Legacies), galleries etc which everyone can contribute to.

But I do agree with what you're saying!

Anyway, just a thought, see what everyone else thinks...

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
10-05-2013, 11:27 AM
I agree with Caspin.
As to wether or not I would post updates on any sims news sites (just a generalisation) I might, maybe it would be better if I did it when I'm older. Although it would be nice to get invited to exclusive sims events. Hmm.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

10-05-2013, 11:31 AM
@Matt - if you own Sims4.net, could you just use it as a re-direct, perhaps dumping people straight into a Sims 4 section on here if they select it? That way if people searched for "Sims 4" and then clicked it via a search engine, they'd end up here and everyone could be together on one site, regardless of whether they play Sims 3, Sims 4 or both (or neither!).
10-05-2013, 11:31 AM
(10-05-2013 11:27 AM)Ollie Wrote:  Although it would be nice to get invited to exclusive sims events. Hmm.
We did get invites during the build up of the other Sims games, for example I got invited to Florida a few times but couldn't go due to work/family. There is absolutely no guarantee that this kind of thing will happen again though, especially since the world economy went down the toilet!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
10-05-2013, 11:33 AM
(10-05-2013 11:31 AM)Caspin Wrote:  @Matt - if you own Sims4.net, could you just use it as a re-direct, perhaps dumping people straight into a Sims 4 section on here if they select it? That way if people searched for "Sims 4" and then clicked it via a search engine, they'd end up here and everyone could be together on one site, regardless of whether they play Sims 3, Sims 4 or both (or neither!).
We could set up a redirect but that wouldn't be listed in Google search results! I'm just thinking a new site could be a bit of fun and also help get a new audience to the forums.

10-05-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 11:44 AM by Ollie.)
Do you still own SimsFans.com (or whatever it was called)?
If so could we set-up that site again and also have sims4.net with a portal to sims fans, but on the front page (if you know what I mean), instead of directly re-directing to SimsFans or Forums you could just set up sims4.net as one page with a link that goes to SimsFans/forums.

Edit: if you really wanted to, do you rekon we could attempt to partner up with a place like beyond sims (formally simprograms)?

10-05-2013, 12:07 PM
If Sims4.net was essentially acting as a holding page, or whatever they are correctly called, with its main purpose being to grab people via Google and point them over here, then that would be great. It could be updated with bits of information as more is known about Sims 4 but mostly act as a conduit.

However if the idea is to operate a whole other satellite site, that would be trickier I think. I mean, it's pretty quiet here at the moment and in general simming forums appear to be deserted or at least rather quiet, even though the Sims 3 series is still going and has plenty of players. Excitement might build up for Sims 4, it's true, with more people coming on board, but maintaining two sites seems like hard work and this one is more established. Otherwise there's a risk of splitting the community into two groups, a Sims 4-playing group and a Sims 3-playing, which I think would be a real shame.
10-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Good idea Ollie, but for Sims4.net to do well in the Google rankings it has to have decent Sims4 content on the site, rather than just be a portal to elsewhere.

And I totally agree Caspin, a new dedicate site would be a lot of extra work, and with my time limited as it is (as you may have noticed!) it could be another one of my ideas that just falls down the toilet.

Idea! We can have a simple website with news 'snippets' which link to the same news posts in the forums. So the 'read more' link will take the users to the forums!

We can then have links on the side of the site on sims4.net which links to interesting posts/categories in the forums. So basically the Sims4.net site will have Sims4 information on there, but will mainly link to posts on here! We would create a few pages on the Sims4 site to add interesting content, as you say Caspin, that would help with the Google thang, but mainly it would be a 'conduit' to introduce more people to the forums.

So the updates to the sims4.net would just need to be made when a new news post is made on the forums. Does that float your proverbial boats?! Dunno

10-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Sounds good.
I think we should see what Minty has to say.