Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
10-05-2013, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 01:01 PM by Caspin.)
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
Yeah they did. I feel that it was a mistake all round to announce Sims 4 at this point, mainly because they have so few details to offer. Plainly they were not well-prepared. People have a lot of questions but not many answers are forthcoming. Still, it's nice to see some people getting excited about it. I just hope they will not follow this with disappointment!

It also looks to be dividing the simming community to some extent, with some people immediately abandoning S3 in the hope that S4 will be better, and others becoming entrenched S3 fanatics who are firmly against S4! Personally I expect to carry on with S3 for the foreseeable future, but I'm still interested in hearing about S4. I think simmers should play nicely together and give up this one-upmanship over which version of Sims is better. Just play whichever one they like best and get over themselves!

I have to go and get lunch Ollie, my tummy is rumbling like mad! See you later.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I will likely move on to the sims 4, but I will buy the sims 3 pets and it shall be the last expansion pack that I get my hands on.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

10-05-2013, 10:51 PM
(10-05-2013 11:15 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Hello Matt!

I think it would be nicer to have everything consolidated at one site: that's the advantage of this being called 'Sims Forums' in that it covers all versions of the game. But let's see what the others think.

Seconded. There's no way I'm devoting any extra time to here to run up a Sims4.net site in addition to this. I'll post news in this thread, but that's it. It could be linked to a news feed on a front loader, but I'd rather we didn't end up looking like Snooty Sims: it hasn't exactly helped fill their forum up, has it?

(10-05-2013 12:16 PM)matt Wrote:  Agreed, as he is basically the boss around here!

Am I?

(10-05-2013 12:18 PM)Ollie Wrote:  He is very potent and tends to have some good ideas.

:mw_blink:

(10-05-2013 12:40 PM)Caspin Wrote:  You could also use "lusty", again in terms of powerful rather than the alternative definitions. Poor Minty, what will he think when he sees this!

:mw_blink: :mw_blink: :mw_blink: :mw_blink:

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-05-2013, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 06:56 AM by gothika.)
I didn't find out until Brittany posted on my FB wall!
I REALLY am hoping that the graphics are updated. Especially with technology now a days, I think EA needs to step up their game(literally)!

I've seen some fake Sims 4 vids, just for fun. & they look so amazing. I remember seeing a fake Sims 3 vid when it was still in the works, and I really loved the fake version than the actual one.

I think Seasons and Pets should be put together. It literally is a life essential. At least seasons are.

Highly doubt, I'll be able to play this game, but we'll see.
If it's a huge improvement from Sims 3, I'll buy it. If it's not that big difference, then there is no point.

Hopefully, like Matt said, things will get running around here Big Grin

13-05-2013, 01:59 AM
I've actually really loved everything EA has done for Sims 3, with all the expansion packs and all. One thing I have kind of disliked is magic in the Sims 3, like all the monsters and whatnot.

However, I do think that they should already have pets and seasons in the base game, but then how much would the actual game be? The thing that I don't really like is that you can't travel to other worlds, i.e. from Bridgeport to Sunset Valley. This is something I would want them to change when making the Sims 4; the availability to go there. It gets really annoying when I always have to edit my worlds just to put clubs in, or horse ranches, or showtime venues.

I have really high hopes for this game, and I cannot wait to see teaser/official trailers of it.
14-05-2013, 10:01 AM
According to that message in Simlish at the front of the Sims 4 website, the dates May 23, June 18, July 9 are significant. It probably means the dates of more hints.

It also says "Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us". Aye right - "your piggy banks captivate us, your credit cards inspire us" more like it! Dodgy

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

14-05-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 12:14 PM by Ollie.)
How'd you crack the code? Are you magic?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

14-05-2013, 02:38 PM
you know simlish? wow haha

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
14-05-2013, 03:00 PM
He's just used to talking gibberish!

Tongue :mw_tease:
15-05-2013, 09:06 AM
No, but Crinrict did. Tongue

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/05/sims-4.html

I am concerned that she is also considering not moving over. If Sims 4 is not going to have her as well as not having Twallan, I may end up waiting until later before buying it, let others be EA's unpaid testers.

It's not merely a matter of people providing help, as Twallan said there will be others to take his place. It's a matter of civilised help & I'm not relying on EA for that, their ingratitude to anyone that does give help is legend. Look at the way they treated Mac users, where they were copying whatever Bluebellflora told others without acknowledgement & had the bloody cheek to issue her with warnings over her "conduct"

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan