Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
09-09-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
Yeah, I think the quality of the build/buy modes will be a big factor in whether or not I buy this game. To me, that's the biggest aspect of the game so I hope it's good!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 08:50 AM
There must be something good about it, seeing as they made the people who went on Sims Camp go on embargo, so they couldn't/can't say anything until the 11th/12th of September.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

09-09-2013, 11:13 PM
They put them on embargo to get them to dance their wee jig, like training a dog. If one of them leaks it, how are they going to know which one of them did it if they did it anonymously? Run up a Twitter account post it, sealed with a loving GYTF, what are they going to do? Lock out the fans they're relying on to create a buzz BEFORE the "official" announcement to make sure the official launch achieves the maximum buzz? Aye, heard it!

Who was the space cadet that decided that they should have the full details of the BUILD mode on the anniversary of the collapse of the World Trade Centre towers? Since they've just sacked the PR company they're trying to blame for the "fat" gaff, who are they going to blame when folk kick up over that one?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
11-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Yep, it was all just over-hype, most of the information we already knew.
One thing I'm glad about is that all this simplicity is optional, but I still feel like it's being shoved down my throat.

12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I've only looked at a few bits of information about TS4 Build mode so far. It sounds as though there's a lot more automation available - like automatic spacing of windows (but will this actually work properly - this is EA!). Some things sound better - the roofing tool for example. Being able to move entire rooms around sounds OK and I see that some people are very excited about that feature, although it doesn't excite me particularly as I make a little plan before I start building and don't mind bashing in an odd wall or two if I change my mind as I go. Actually I think that might slow me down as I'd be tempted to start trying different permutations!

TS4 Build mode will probably make putting a building together very speedy. However to me it seems almost too easy. It'll be great for people who like the idea of making their own sim houses but don't have a huge amount of time to spend on a project, or those who lack confidence or skill to create a houses but are wary of downloading things made by others.

It's still not clear to me if there is CASt in Build/Buy - if not then that's a complete and absolute deal-breaker for me.
14-09-2013, 01:19 AM
http://simsvip.com/2013/09/13/sims-4-hai...-movement/

Finally, we have hair growth and the hair also sways in the wind.
Not sure if I like the "no more random deaths", they are an annoyance at times, but at the same time they can be quite funny considering how random they were.

14-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Hair growth = good.

Hair swaying = hmmm. I like the idea of hair swaying, but looking at the plasticine TS4 hair as we've seen it so far, I can't really imagine it swaying particularly effectively. Will need video!
14-09-2013, 05:24 PM
This confirms to me they're making it up as they're going along, rather than having a plan. If the hair was going to move, why wasn't it in the first trailer? I think it was pointed out before other games have moving hair in them, & if they're going to have weather this has to be in this time surely.

I did like the spoof that was put out about there being solo woohoo being put into the game causing a meltdown on the official forums (as usual) before Grant had to rush out another denial after the damage was done. True, it was only the terminally stupid that believed EA would have that in.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-09-2013, 10:11 PM
True - if they are going to have hair that sways in the wind then they should have weather to generate the required breezes. Either that or they've given up random deaths in favour of random wind-independent hair-swaying. But surely if they were putting any sort of weather features in the base game they'd be singing it from the rooftops because so many fans would be super happy about it?
18-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't know whether this is amusing or annoying anymore. From reading Sim"Guru"Graham's tweets this month I have learned that:

1. There truly was never going to be any CASt but for some reason they allowed speculation to continue to rumble on despite the simming community being highly vocal on the issue. They can't even answer simple yes/no questions in a timely manner.

2. There may now be random deaths. Apparently this issue was misinterpreted by some simmers (probably because EA can't get their act together to provide decent, concrete information).

3. Actually anything that has been published as "fact" regarding TS4 is now subject to review and correction.

I quote:

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
The list of facts is getting updated to remove any incorrect or undecided info – stay tuned for that.

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
I don't want to mislead people; we said at Gamescom that CaST isn't in, straight from the mouth of the dev team.

So at least random deaths might be back in the game for you, Ollie!