Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
18-09-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
(18-09-2013 11:14 AM)Caspin Wrote:  3. Actually anything that has been published as "fact" regarding TS4 is now subject to review and correction.

I quote:

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
The list of facts is getting updated to remove any incorrect or undecided info – stay tuned for that.
In other words I was on the money with Post #58: "they're making it up as they're going along, rather than having a plan". They'll be spending this weekend probably looking to see what they can copy from GTA V to turn into something poo to sell in the Sims 3 store next month.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Yes you were right, I do believe. You may now adopt a smug grin. Tongue

I'd like to see them copy GTA5. Good luck to them. Will our sims get a pigeon-shooting EP and a SP with dubious outfits so they can dress up as pimps and prostitutes (oh no wait, Sweet Treats). I guess it might mean that we'd get some more cool cars.

Anyway, my resolution is to try to be less negative about TS4 if I can manage it. It is what it is and if people like it and want to buy it, well then I'll be interested to see what they think.
19-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Well, I'm the opposite, starting off positive and becoming more negative. EA have no idea what they're doing. Seriously, when I get enough money I'm re-buying The Sims 2 with all expanisions (maybe stuff packs), also finishing off my collection of The Sims 3. I give up on The Sims 4, there's still a possibility that I'll get it, but that's only slight.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

19-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I think that a lot of simmers are starting to feel the same way as you do, Ollie, especially since the confusion over Create-A-Style and all the backtracking and bewildering statements coming from the "gurus". The builders/sim-makers are certainly not happy about the prospect of a dearth of recolouring options.

Here is a question - do you still have a Mac computer? I seem to recall that you had a Mac before you got your latest laptop (or am I misremembering)? The reason I ask is that I think I still have a full set of Mac Sims 2 games (I had everything that Aspyr ported apart from the SP with Christmas things) and you would be welcome to them for free. I'd have to double-check that I didn't get rid of them, but I have a feeling that they're still there. If you do want them, email me and I'll hunt around at home and see if I still do have them. General public: please note, this is an offer only open to Ollie!
19-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah that was my sisters mac, which I borrowed for a year before recieving my own laptop. So unfortunately no, for now…
Why did I have to be so generous and give my Sims 2 (and 1 for that matter) to my cousin? xD

Anyway, I'm just really annoyed as this has been a series that I grew up with, and I just don't want the developers to stuff around with something that I and many others have loved.

I really think EA should look at Rockstars marketing system when it comes to AAA games. I constantly use anything GTA/Rockstar related as examples but listen, a representative from R* did state that they only want to release 100% true information, which is great, yes there are a small amount of things that may have accidentally been said, or changed later in development, but that's okay. Now look at The Sims 4 so far, we've already had a ton of info let out with a bunch of it being misunderstood or completely wrong, which is very annoying.
One thing that R* have done with GTA V is only released a small amount of information at a time, this helps build up a lot of hype and anticipation waiting for the next lot of information. This generally only works for AAA games, which I consider The Sims franchise to be. Generally with AAA franchises, you know what to expect in a way (if you get what I mean), therefore this is quite easy to get away with.

Sorry to cut to the chase (I lost my thought train), but oh well...
I know Grand Theft Auto V's marketing did have some flaws (long delays between information), but so far it's turned out to be a success, $800 million earned in only 24 hours that's amazing!

Whoops, I kinda am turning this in to another Grand Theft Auto thread, I better go…

19-09-2013, 12:17 PM
OK, no worries. Can you reclaim your TS2 games from your cousin?! Maybe he/she doesn't play them much any more.

I agree about the marketing. Giving out little snippets of accurate information, directly from a reliable source and with high quality teaser videos that get people hyped about the forthcoming game is smart. I commend Rockstar for their efforts. By the time GTA5 was released people were almost going mad to get their hands on it. And you can be confident that it'll be great and the hype will be worth it because they've spent their time actually making the game instead of pissing about on social media.

Whereas doling out random, inaccurate, contradictory information, in part via the fanbase instead of an official source, and then further dividing the fans in their so-called 'community' by leaving some of them in the awkward position of being under embargo is only going to result in a PR disaster (but then PR disasters are EA's specialty these days so at least they're sticking to areas in which they excel).

I don't accept the "gurus" now saying that the omission of Create-A-Style was made clear to those at Sims Camp. If it was so very clear then some of them would have said so. There were some diligent simmers at that event who came away without that firm impression. And why would we believe any "definite" information from a guru who then moments later says that everything is under review anyway and that anything might change. It's just plainly ridiculous.

Oh heck, and I said I was going to try to be positive from now on. Oh well.
19-09-2013, 11:46 PM
I've something positive to say about Sims 4 - I'll save £40 telling EA to shove it up their farters!

24-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Wait a minute I'm being sucked in by EA again, CAS does look fantastic. I must resist, but I can't. This is like fighting cancer (with EA being the cancer).

07-10-2013, 10:14 PM
PC Gamer posted the following preview:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-sims...t-life-sim

If you read it carefully, there's a few good stings to be found.

“Depressed Sims make better writers,” quips executive producer Rachel
Franklin during a presentation. There’s an uneasy ripple of laughter
around the table. I consider asking if Sims that feel pleased with
themselves give better presentations, but don’t

08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh dear. I would have hoped that after the problems they had over rumours of self-woohoo and their offending a bunch of people over the way the emotions system might deal with chubbier sims, they might be more cautious over making any quips (good word - quips) about mental health. There's been enough of that in the UK over the last few weeks with supermarkets selling those "mental patient" Halloween costumes.