Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 leaked "screenshots"
20-08-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: The Sims 4 leaked "screenshots"
So it looks as though you can still stretch out the walls of a room, as you can in TS3, but you can now pick up a whole room and move it round as well. I suppose that is a useful function and might simplify creating a floor-plan for a larger build. The pre-designed rooms, though, that's an extension of the blueprint function. I think that the finished house they show in that clip could be created in TS3, but the way it's put together in TS4 might be quicker.

The stuff about the sims being more 'emotional' actually makes me feel slightly nauseated. My sims seem pretty emotional already. They are always freaking out at me! Even those with relatively stable traits. And they already have crazed facial expressions. I'm not sure I would like a higher level of hysteria or constant gurning.

Anyway, enough of my negativity, I do think it is a good development that the sims will be able to multi-task. Certainly walking should not preclude talking under normal circumstances.

And yeah I hope you enjoyed yourself in the rocketship in the backyard, Ollie. Quite shocking. Wait - rocketship in the backyard? I thought they were aiming for higher levels of realism? Or am I the only one without a rocketship as a garden ornament?

Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah that got me too, I mean Rocket ships? Seriously EA?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-08-2013, 07:35 AM
If that is a new sim for sims 4 I will be sticking with Ts2 for a few more years. The new game is only $70.00 (cough, choke). I agree the hair is terrible.
01-09-2013, 04:38 AM
(20-08-2013 11:07 AM)Caspin Wrote:  So it looks as though you can still stretch out the walls of a room, as you can in TS3, but you can now pick up a whole room and move it round as well. I suppose that is a useful function and might simplify creating a floor-plan for a larger build. The pre-designed rooms, though, that's an extension of the blueprint function. I think that the finished house they show in that clip could be created in TS3, but the way it's put together in TS4 might be quicker.

The stuff about the sims being more 'emotional' actually makes me feel slightly nauseated. My sims seem pretty emotional already. They are always freaking out at me! Even those with relatively stable traits. And they already have crazed facial expressions. I'm not sure I would like a higher level of hysteria or constant gurning.

Anyway, enough of my negativity, I do think it is a good development that the sims will be able to multi-task. Certainly walking should not preclude talking under normal circumstances.

And yeah I hope you enjoyed yourself in the rocketship in the backyard, Ollie. Quite shocking. Wait - rocketship in the backyard? I thought they were aiming for higher levels of realism? Or am I the only one without a rocketship as a garden ornament?

Tongue
"The stuff about the sims being more 'emotional' actually makes me feel slightly nauseated"

So TRUEE!! When the trailer mentioned that I was like " wait a minute...the sims are emotional wrecks!" I have yet to hear a fellow Sims player complain that the sims lacked emotions.
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
(01-09-2013 04:38 AM)ferugie Wrote:  "The stuff about the sims being more 'emotional' actually makes me feel slightly nauseated"

So TRUEE!! When the trailer mentioned that I was like " wait a minute...the sims are emotional wrecks!" I have yet to hear a fellow Sims player complain that the sims lacked emotions.

Hello Ferugie, nice to meet you!

This picture best represented my concerns about TS4 'emotions'.

[Image: Sims4_PullingFaces.jpg]

The sims are just pulling faces or waving their hands about. It's painfully exaggerated. That guy on the left clutching his chest or the one behind him! It looks to me like the simming equivalent of really abysmal acting. Or that girl standing up on the right who is about to start blubbing. I'd be wanting to give her a good shake and tell her to pull herself together every five minutes (nice boots, though).

And then, as if their excessive flapping about and insanely stretchy faces were not enough to tell you how they "feel", they are then going to helpfully write "sad" or "furious" next to the sim's picutre, just to hammer home how emotionally unstable they really are. Then just in case you still don't get it, they will put a little storm cloud above their head to remind you that they are feeling down! Arrrrgh! It's almost insulting.

I am being very negative about it, unfortunately, but that's because they have been putting forward the "emotions" as the big selling point of TS4, but from what I've seen so far I think it's a load of crap.

Sims will just look like moving emoticons, but with labels. Thus:

BangHead Angry!

Yahoo Happy!
26-02-2014, 05:24 AM
I know this is old... but few observations from the previous post photo:

Dude on far left with red hair... C.U.T.E!
Girl in blue shirt with skirt... Jill Valentine?