Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do if your house is burgled - stick a thank you letter on the back door
13-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Shocked What to do if your house is burgled - stick a thank you letter on the back door
Like, WTF?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nor...e-24916278

A woman has written a thank you letter to the burglars who broke into her house and apologised for not having "particularly expensive tastes".

Kate Barrett, 36, wrote that she and her partner, Dan Owens, were "disappointed" the thieves had ignored her VHS video and cassette collection.

Miss Barrett stuck the letter to the back door of the Northampton home she shares with Mr Owens.

The note to burglars

Dear Burglars,

Thanks for popping by the other night and we're sorry we didn't have more for you to take.

As you now know, we don't have particularly expensive tastes so there's no need to come in again, unless you would like to take my collection of VHS videos and cassettes - Dan is very disappointed you didn't take these first time round.

If you would like them just knock on the front door and ask - no need to break another patio door as it's dreadfully hard work cleaning up all the glass.

Thanks for all the finger prints - we really appreciated those.

Lots of love

Kate and Dan xxx

Dear Kate Barrett and Dan Owens,

Very sorry to hear of your burglary, but writing a thank you letter, sticking it on the broken patio door & telling the BBC of your jolly jape marks you down as a right part of saddos trying to get famous on the back of your misfortune.

Yours,

Minty

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2013, 05:49 PM
RE: What to do if your house is burgled - stick a thank you letter on the back door
That is a sad state of affairs. If I knew the couple I'd be tempted to go around pasting up letters in their home and workplaces about all manner of trivial day-to-day incidents until they realised how silly they were!

Dear Kate and Dan,
This bin needs emptying!
Regards, Caspin

Dear Kate and Dan,
The water cooler is half empty!
Regards, Caspin

Dear Kate and Dan,
Don't forget to buy OJ!
Regards, Caspin

Seems like some people really do want their fifteen minutes of fame!
Quote this message in a reply