Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
EA scrapping FIFA Manager, could have implications for rest of their catalogue
19-11-2013, 07:19 PM
EA scrapping FIFA Manager, could have implications for rest of their catalogue
Word being whispered is that EA have told Bright Future that their services will no longer be required for the FIFA Manager series (which will be no great loss) after the recent release failed to sell so much as 100 000 copies worldwide, which considering they've done no work to the game for the past four years & have been selling the same buggy crap over & over is long overdue.

The last straw as far as EA was concerned was selling the game as a "legacy" edition - meaning the player database was wildly out of date because they'd managed to piddle off so much of the fanbase down the years they could no longer get people to volunteer to produce the new database in time for launch (in the way the Football Manager mugs do it for free!) & they were too mean to pay a proper research company to do it for them. They had the nerve to expect people to pay for what was the 2012 database with 2013 leagues as if all the player transfers, etc had never happened!

Word is they've been too busy trying to get into the console market working for other companies on the quiet to be bothered doing their contracted work for EA properly, so the FIFAM people were getting the same game annual with a hour's worth of work on cosmetic changes with all sorts of promises of improvements year after year that were complete lies the user only discovered after buying the game

Haha Gerard, Oliver & the rest of you thieving J Arthur Rankers at Bright Future that destroyed what was once a brilliant game. It's never nice seeing anyone lose their jobs, but seeing you Fokkers all ending up on the dole in time for Christmas is the best bloody Christmas present I've had in years!

I also hear that they're dropping the American Football game as well. Is this the start of EA pulling in its horns & abandoning games that don't meet expected targets, no matter how long they've been running them? Could have interesting implications for Sims 4 next year if it turns into as big a non-event as Sims Medieval did.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: EA scrapping FIFA Manager, could have implications for rest of their catalogue
No bright future at Bright Future. I think people are sick of shelling out for those sports games with annual versions, which just means an annual exchange of hard earned cash for the same gameplay teamed with new, innovative bugs. I know my brother is, although he was talking of getting a new FIFA one because for a few years he skipped it. I'm not surprised EA are ditching it now. They've pissed off too many fans.

I personally really enjoyed a Sims Medieval. It looked great and was easy and distracting. Perfect to unwind on a Sunday afternoon when you can't summon the energy to do anything else. I think more people will buy TS4 out of habit if nothing else - look how many have bought stuff packs but say "although I doubt I'll use the stuff much" or shell out for new expansions in the wild hope that it will fix long-standing bugs, even though the patches can be obtained for free. People can't seem to help giving EA money.

But yes, food for thought if this is to be EA's strategy!
10-12-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: EA scrapping FIFA Manager, could have implications for rest of their catalogue
Thought I ought to mention - six days after I started this thread......

FIFA Manager scrapped CONFIRMED

Once again, Minty has all the REAL scoops in the games world! Yes

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Well done. You are The Man. Smile