Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stakeout jump bug
12-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Stakeout jump bug
My Investigator Sim is attempting to to a Stakeout at the Industrial Science Plant in Twinbrook, but always jumps back to the home lot after maybe 1 second of attempt. I have no idea what's going on and how to fix it. I've tried asking on other sites but no one will help me.

I do have Twallan's mods and have uploaded the ScriptError file, but apparently no one there has any clue what's going on. I'm getting to the point of anger and frustration of people giving me the usual "hope you find a solution lol" answer. BangHead

Is there a solution to this? I've tried resetting the Science lot and the home lot, resetting the Investigator Sim, and NOTHING has worked. I am beyond desperate! Dizzy-1

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Stakeout jump bug
"I've tried asking on other sites but no one will help me."

Love the way we're the last resort! Tongue

Fair enough, it's not as if we've a massive lot of active brains to pick here these days. But it would be nice if people didn't only come here when they want something before buggering off elsewhere again.

To your question, those other forums OUGHT to have known the answer to this one. The short answer is that the Ambitions EP had bugs in it that EA could not be bothered fixing properly - it got worse after the patch released round about the release of Showtime, & now with the series coming to an end they've even less incentive to fix a three year old EP.

The investigator case has a bit of a reputation for this when trying to do stakeouts (you can even find your Sim acting like he/she is doing a stakeout when they're meant to be down the gym!) & if I remember the architect career as well.

If you are able to cancel the job, my advice is do so, & try another. One of the annoyances of Ambitions you have simply to put up with I'm afraid.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Crapola! I was afraid someone would said that. I did cancel it and will try another case. You'd think EA (or at least SOMEONE) would've found a solution to this by now. No wonder I don't bother with the game that often. It was programmed by idiots!

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
13-12-2013, 10:50 PM
It's such a shame because I really like the investigator career. You do just have to give up on some of the cases though. Last time I tried playing as an interior designer my sim got stuck under a house being renovated and resetsim couldn't retrieve him. It's buggy as hell. I don't think the criminal career path works properly either.