Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So what are actual sys. req. for sims 3 and 4?
28-12-2015, 08:25 AM
So what are actual sys. req. for sims 3 and 4?
For the sims 3 they say:
2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
For the sims 4 they say
AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
2GB RAM
128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0
i tried this on my old pentium 4 3.4ghz ht with 3gb ram and 256mb video card for sims 3 and it didnt work...i mean it did but like on 10 fps all the time sometimes dropping to 1 fps..
So i tried on my more modern pc with 2gb ram core 2 duo 2.2ghz and 512mb video card..well it works but you need to lower the settings down alot(loading times are longgg even with SDD installed)
now for sims 4 like it says amd athlon 64 4000+ or equivalent so i tried 6000+ i had laying around with 1gb gddr5 video card and well it works but when u move around it laggs alot
so my question is will Intel Celeron G1840 in combo with Radeon R7 250X be enough to run both sims 3 and 4 on medium/high settings?
and also tell me what ur using to play sims 3 and 4 i mean what kind of hardware Smile ty happy holidays <3

Is this bass really strong enough?
[Image: 81j664h0uqbizivfg.jpg]
[Image: jxzansk5nr1b7nyfg.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2015, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2015 07:20 PM by Caspin.)
RE: So what are actual sys. req. for sims 3 and 4?
Hi

I've moved this out of General, which is where we discuss the merits of sausage rolls and movies etc, rather than games specs.

I play on a Mac so have no clue about PC requirements, although it does look as though your machine would benefit from more RAM. We are not really in a position to give technical help - you might be better off in the tech section of the official EA forums for The Sims games. There are usually a few helpful people there who can advise.

Try here for PS3: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categori...ussions-en

Try here for PS4: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categori...iscussions
30-12-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: So what are actual sys. req. for sims 3 and 4?
I'm cynical that we will ever hear from this person again once they've got what they want (first post - intro, second post - tech query, happened too often), but since it's the holiday season:

What leapt out was your video card. 256 meg? Da funk??? That will struggle with games from the DX9 days (2002-2008). Even 512 meg is a joke these days. Get at least a 1 Gig card - you'll still have change from $40 for what's available. Good call on the SSD drive though, this gives your system an excellent boost & means no more worry about hard drive failures.

Processing is about more than RAM (although vital), you have to give your computer a chance to process the data swiftly in all parts of the system. Think of your PC's circuitry network like the traffic in a city, all it takes is one congestion point to slow your programs down, no matter how up to date it is.

How much package cc do you have? This is often a major villain of the piece in slow systems.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]