Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twallan ceases mod updates
05-01-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 06:19 PM by Caspin.)
Twallan ceases mod updates
Nobody panic!

*loses head completely and runs round room*

[Image: TwallanEndOfTheRoad.png]

Everything will be fine as long as there are no more patches. Except that it's entirely possible that there will be another patch. I suppose some brave soul might have a bash at updating Twallan's code but this announcement leaves me thinking that maybe the next update is not for the likes of me. Given the choice between the final generation of game-saving Nraas mods and the risks associated with using an EA patch, I think I know what I will choose! But we'll see.

This is reminiscent of an Nraas-free EA patch scenario. All the things breaking at once, leaving you screaming in fear on the bathroom floor.

[Image: BreakAllTheThings.jpg]

OK I will quit the melodrama now I promise. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Twallan ceases mod updates
No more Twallan mod updates? We're screwed! Shocked

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Well, it may not be time to panic just yet. Looks as though SimAd is willing to keep the Wiki going and people may even continue to develop the mods. If some clever person could just see their way to updating Overwatch and ErrorTrap for whatever the final EA patch happens to be, I will be one massively happy bunny going hop hoppity hop hop hop. Yes indeedy.
09-01-2014, 01:16 PM
I have made myself a folder containing current essential NRaas mods, plus the manual superpatch file that would keep my game at 1.63. That way, if I accidentally patch (or am having a bold moment and decide to experiment) or need to reinstall in the future, I can get back to where I am now. I recommend that everyone does this!
09-01-2014, 01:29 PM
It's an unfortunate shame to see a well known and praised simmer leave the community.

Hopefully The Sims 4 will be more optimised than 3 so that it won't need mods to actually work, but if it does then hopefully it'll be another simmer's modding talent to shine.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

15-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Well for your sake and that of anyone else planning to buy TS4, I hope so Ollie, but I admit that my optimism has been permanently tarnished by EA's performance with TS3!

Looks like the new patch is out, so hopefully the community at NRaas will get the most crucial game-saving mods updated in Twallan's absence, or people should have kept copies of the previous patch and matching mods, Just In Case.
18-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Looks like some folk on the NRaas site are trying hard to update the mods for the new patch 1.66. I'm grateful for their efforts but reluctant to bother patching seeing as the patch fixes so few bugs.

It was interesting that they found code in the new patch that relates to shutting down the social bits of the game when EA turn off the servers for TS3. So there is absolutely no point in buying Showtime if you haven't already got it, as simport will presumably stop working in due course. As will gifting from in the game (which I cannot get to work anyway).
22-02-2014, 04:58 PM
After a while I backed up everything and I did update to 1.66 (and then 1.67, although that was a pointless manoeuvre) as it contained fixes for Store items like the Tree of Prosperity, which I suppose I might want to use one day. I downloaded the updated mods from the NRaas site and they work just fine. I don't use many at the moment but I can personally vouch for ErrorTrap, Register, Overwatch and OnceRead. The people there have done an amazing job for the community by keeping precious game-saving mods updated after Twallan's retirement. I wish I could go round and give them all a cake.