Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exploring the future
11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Shocked Exploring the future
All righty. So after a little bit of mucking about and shouting abusively at my Launcher (don't show it any sympathy - it deserved to hear everything I said and it should now be sitting shame-faced on the naughty step), I finally played Into The Future.

And here's what I discovered. The future's bright, the future's.... blue.

[Image: ITF_01_Blue.jpg]

Blue hair, blue buildings, blue light. That's OK, though, I like blue. Blue-haired future dude gave me a jet-pack, which is a very quick way of getting around, but annoyingly glitchy in that my sim keeps taking it on and off. Just leave it in your Mary Poppins-esque capacious backpack!

I did like the fancy orb computers that float and project a screen into the air. It looks nifty.

[Image: ITF_02_NewComputer.jpg]

I did half expect Tom Cruise to appear and start predicting where the next murder might happen. Hopefully he can't detect thieves, seeing as once she'd finished her web surfing, my sim pocketed the orb whatsit and took it back to the present day, where she sold it and bought a pizza oven with the ill-gotten proceeds. Clapping

I'm always quite interested in the graveyards of new towns. The Oasis Landing one is not especially interesting, but you can harvest some handy grave-side lettuce while you do a bit of mourning for your dearest departed plumbot.

[Image: ITF_03_GravesideLettuce.jpg]

A lot of the graves were for plumbots, which I thought was odd. Surely you just replace their parts and they 'live' forever. Or else you'd scrap 'em and recycle the bits and bobs.

Anyway - check out the hover-thingy in the background! I should try one of those. However my favourite new mode of transport in OL is definitely this:

[Image: ITF_05_Transport.jpg]

It just looks so great, with the track appearing ahead of you in the form of light discs.

I met some plumbots in the park. This one became my friend. Her name is Gladys (truly) and she laughed at all my jokes and found my conversation about the weather to be really fascinating. Yes

[Image: ITF_04_Gladys.jpg]

You get food in the future from a synthesiser, which they have of course stolen straight out of Star Trek. I don't know whether these guys came with ITF or from Generations (since I installed both at once I have no way to tell). But behold the mighty awesomeness of - chocolate gnomes!

[Image: ITF_06_ChocGnomes.jpg]

Chocolate. Gnomes! Yahoo

After a nutritious meal of garden decorations, my sim went to sleep in one of those fancy beds that lets you programme your dreams. Or at least that's the idea. Actually she seemed to be suffering nightmares and kept calling out, despite looking relatively peaceful.

[Image: ITF_07_WeirdDreams.jpg]

I found it slightly unsettling!

I saw an option to "read the manual" when clicking on the bed while she was asleep, but the option was gone when she was awake. Helpful!

Naturally I was intrigued to see my descendants. The game kindly generated three for me. This is where they live.

[Image: ITF_08_HouseOfTheFuture.jpg]

A rambling old house out in a remote part of the map. Really odd.

The first descendent I met was pleasant but I'm not sure how they come up with her as she's nothing like my sim in terms of traits. Is it random, I wondered.

[Image: ITF_09_DesA.jpg]

The next descendent was a total bitch! Although at least they're getting closer in terms of the messy hair. Actually they've gone too far with the just-crawled-through-a-hedge look.

[Image: ITF_10_DesB.jpg]

They say third strike is lucky. In my case third descendent is more accurate. Yeah, she's excitable too. Queue much squealing and hugging!

[Image: ITF_11_DesC.jpg]

Aw! Biggrin

After that bizarre trio of encounters I returned to beautiful Monte Vista (and my new pizza oven, although that was a short-lived pleasure as it was stolen by a burglar after making only one pizza).

My sim keeps getting messages to say that something has changed in the future and I should go and check it out, but I am now heavily involved in trying to fill up a nectar rack so it'll have to wait.

Got to set my priorities haven't I! Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: Exploring the future
Love the windtunnel hairdos!

Those food replicators - did you hear they successfully managed to grow hamburger meat in a laboratory last year? Future becomes fact. Apparantly it tasted more like meat than your average fast food burger, so McDonalds & Burger King have now withdrawn interest in the research!

I thought that ring of chocolate gnomes were some sort of teleporting device or decoration.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Decorative, eh? Whereas I originally thought that the chocolate gnomes were something else entirely. From a distance. And Wibs thought the same when she got some in her game, so it's not just me! Moving on .....

You want me to give your sim a windtunnel hairdo? Your wish is my makeover command! Tongue *Adds to to-do list*

I have been trying hard to improve the prospects of my descendants. Poor old Caspin was sent to university to get not one, not two, but three degrees (she loves it really). Then she worked her fingers to the bone typing away and published a string of best-sellers. She maxed out a huge bunch of skills, got her LTW and racked up a shedload of positive traits. Back to the future she goes.... to find descendants still bloody destitute and living in a shack!

Anyway, I did a bit of exploring instead of worrying about the theoretical great-great-great-grandkids.

Shopping in the future. It would seem that you can make a mannequin wear an outfit and then decide whether to buy it. This seems good to me - gets you some new togs without the hassle of going into CAS. Not sure this is my colour though.

[Image: ShoppingOfTheFuture.jpg]

It's also quite nice that it's a way of spending money on clothes, rather than having access to infinite outfits in your dresser for no money at all.

I took a look at some sprites. They are just ridiculous. I actually find them really irritating. This one had been left on a coffee table for days and was crying so I had to give it some attention.

[Image: Sprite.jpg]

I think it likes me now but I'm afraid I just stuck it back on the coffee table afterwards. Give me my sim-cat any day!

Caspin went to the local bar for a drink or x. There's no bartender (who am I supposed to have philosophical discussions with?) so you just pick a drink from a synthesiser device. There's a huge range but they seem to be just the same beverage in different colours. This one, ladies and gentlemen, is called a Grey Growl. Yes, really, a Grey Growl!

[Image: GreyGrowl.jpg]

Honestly!

Most fun thing ever - hoverboard!

[Image: HoverboardThingy.jpg]

Clapping
28-01-2014, 12:35 AM
That weird flying pig with a fox tail looked like a Pokemon!

The hover board looks amazing BeatingHeart

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Haha so cool and fun! I don't have Into The Future but seeing it through you and your Sim's eyes allows me to live vicariously through you!
07-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Yes it is quite fun. I haven't been back to the future (eek) since that game. It's more something I'll dabble in occasionally rather than use very often. I do wish that the time portal would let you go into the past as well as the future, but I guess that would have been far too much work to produce. There's that timemachine thing that you can make if you are an inventor but it's really just a mini rabbit hole shaped like a lift shaft, so not that interesting really.
08-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Oh, the rabbit hole. A curse and a blessing at the same time. Ugh, they totally should have come up with a past to travel to as well! I always thought they should incorporate some sort of historical expansion pack that didn't have to do with medieval.
08-06-2014, 01:17 PM
You are right about rabbit holes. They are annoying in some ways - if you are playing a single sim you could end up watching them sleep half the time and watching a rabbit hole while they are at work for the other half. But there's plenty to do while sims are in rabbit holes - I usually leave them to it and scoot around the town to see what other sims are up to. You see some funny scenes! Or I do RL stuff for a bit. Multitasking Smile

It would be chaos if you had a big household and no rabbitholes - it would become near impossible to keep track of everyone if you had to control individuals at work/school all day. Or you'd be seriously dependent on them acting appropriately under free will - and how often does that work out for the best!