Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archipelago Bay: a building project!
05-04-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project!
Somehow I finished two houses today. Don't fret, though, I took fewer pictures per house. Biggrin

2 Coral Plaice

I stuck with the colour scheme of creams and browns but went for a smarter look (or that's what I've aimed for at any rate). This is only a 10x10 plot so there's not a lot of room but I wanted a house big enough for two sims. Thank goodness for for the spiral staircases, saving a lot of space. I don't know how I ever managed without them!

Here is the basic structure. I went for exterior paints rather than siding this time, lighter wood for window frames and fencing, a neat pale tiled roof and a veranda instead of a balcony.

[Image: AP_15.jpg]

Inside plans:

[Image: AP_16.jpg]

[Image: AP_17.jpg]

The downstairs space it quite small but, by putting the dining table and chairs outside on the veranda, there was enough room for a small shower room, kitchen and some sofas. Upstairs there is a reasonably spacious double bedroom that also has a bookcase and chair, so two sims should be able to live here no problem. I do enjoy the challenge of building on a small plot!

A few snaps of the downstairs. I am quite pleased with the kitchen. One sim can just stand in that space in the middle and rotate on the spot to reach fridge, cooker and sink (bit like my real kitchen - 'bijou' is the word the estate agents would use).

[Image: AP_18.jpg]

[Image: AP_19.jpg]

I grew a little weary of the cream colours but didn't want something as outlandish as the pink flowers of the first house, so went with a purple-ish blue pattern throughout. It makes the pictures quite dark but it looks fine in-game.

[Image: AP_20.jpg]

And finally the obligatory planting outside and recolouration of post box. I went with green leafy bushes and orange flowers again but this time used more yellow flowers. I want the houses to be similar enough to look like they belong in a group but each one to be a little different.

[Image: AP_21.jpg]

Yes

3 Coral Plaice

This is the middle house on this island. It's another 10x10 plot. I thought that perhaps I'd do a bungalow this time so that there's a bit of variety of house heights. I also used a strange roof that has only one slope to it, but made it very shallow. I'm not sure how I feel about it but at least it's different from the neighbours.

Here is the finished article:

[Image: AP_22.jpg]

Dinky hey! Since there is only one storey but I still wanted a double bedroom, I decided to build an outdoor kitchen and dining area. So let's hope it doesn't snow in this world or these sims will freeze their bits off trying to get lunch. Actually they also need to be really keen on pizza and hotdogs because I gave them the wood oven and a barbecue but no proper cooker!

Biggrin

Here be the plan:

[Image: AP_23.jpg]

I've squished a shower room in there, plus there's a full set of bedroom furniture, bookshelf and a sofa. Should be fine for two sims I reckon. Went with my favourite shades of blue for this house and found a nice pattern that looks like a creamy wool blanket for the bed.

[Image: AP_25.jpg]

[Image: AP_26.jpg]

And if I appreciated the sea views from the kitchen window of the first house, this surely has taken the prize now. No pesky glass to block the scene.

[Image: AP_24.jpg]

Feel the wind in your hair while you're baking your garlic bread! Biggrin

There are two more plots of this island still needing houses. The next one along is all sandy so some kind of beach hut is clearly required. Then the last one is very tricky because the plot mostly extends into the sea with just a small proportion being on solid ground. This may require me to experiment with stilts or a jetty or some such construction.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project! - Caspin - 05-04-2014 07:49 PM