Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archipelago Bay: a building project!
27-04-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project!
I have finished my house now, at the other end of Minty's Squiggle (that is starting to sound slightly dodgy). Next I will build Ollie a house in the middle of the Squiggle, then that set of buildings will be finished. Our sims will not be able to afford to live in them for a while, but they'll get there!

3 Stackit Street

Here is the plot before anything was built. It has many more land-based squares than I have been used to on this project!

[Image: AP_52.jpg]

I went a bit nuts with the building of platforms on stilts, as I wanted to max out the build potential of the plot so that I can have a home and a business on the same site.

[Image: AP_53.jpg]

Let's skip ahead to the finished article. Whoooooosh!

[Image: AP_54.jpg]

As you can see, it is red. Actually, if we want to be all pretentious, this colour's official name is "antique ruby". Red.

The small building on the left is the bakery (that will be the business my sim will run) and the house is the two-storey building on the right. There is a little jetty with a gate on it. There is also an area of private garden at the back, also gated. So I should be able to lock the gates so that bakery customers don't go roaming around the private zones of my property.

Here is the plan of the ground floor:

[Image: AP_55.jpg]

And here is the first floor of the house:

[Image: AP_56.jpg]

It's one bedroom at the moment, but I've put the stairs into a separate hall on each floor, so I could easily keep building upwards if I wanted to add more rooms later. For cats or something.

Here are some pictures of the bakery section. I have added the necessary bakery stove and one of those cake-displaying chilled cabinets and a bread rack but you can't see those in that picture. The shelf-stocking feature of the bakery is bugged (of course) but I think that because it's on my home lot I should be able to pull stuff in and out of my backpack or fridge and then onto the display. I'll find a way. There's two areas of seating outside so people can sit in the sun and enjoy a sausage roll.

I have not added a cash register, as I read somewhere that apparently this isn't necessary for the functioning of a bakery (what?!). There is space to add one if this turns out to be false.

I tested making some bread rolls. Knead that bread, Caspin!

[Image: AP_58.jpg]

The rolls turned out edible, so that's a good start.

[Image: AP_59.jpg]

If running a bakery becomes too arduous, I can turn this building into something else. Perhaps an art studio.

Anyway, on to the house.

Starting at the top (because it went dark), here is the bedroom.

[Image: AP_60.jpg]

Night night.

I think that my sim might be an artist when I finally start playing this game (yes and a baker as well, why not). So I have stuck in some arty type stuff with tracklights and whatnot.

[Image: AP_61.jpg]

Also easels both indoors and outdoors, for all-weather painting possibilities.

[Image: AP_62.jpg]

Downstairs, a bit of a study area.

[Image: AP_63.jpg]

A bit of a kitchen area.

[Image: AP_66.jpg]

A bit of a living area.

[Image: AP_65.jpg]

A bit of a dining area.

[Image: AP_64.jpg]

Yes, I like Japanese styling.

Also there are two bathrooms but they are too little to photograph easily.

Last but not least, here is the patch of private garden at the back of the property. I put in a bunch of plants and a fire pit, because I really do quite like those. I can always unlock the gate and use this area for parties, so you boys can come over to roast marshmallows.

[Image: AP_57.jpg]

OK, that is the pic spam du jour. At ease.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project! - Caspin - 27-04-2014 05:40 PM